Geforce 5900XT Quadro Mod with newer than 45.28 driver. PLEASE HELP !!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by a9498383, Mar 31, 2005.

1. a9498383

a9498383 Member

GPU:
    inno3d 5900XT @ Quadro FX 3000
    has anyone accomplished modding the geforce 5900XT to a quadro 3000 FX with new nvidia drivers ? other than the 45.28 driver ?

if yes , please explain how

Thanks
    :)

2. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    The answer is : no .

3. Leonid

Leonid Active Member

It is possible.
    But my principle - to not distribute this information.
    However it is very easy. Open eyes, make a step in other side, and you will find a way how to force to work SoftOuadro/Hardmoded GeForce FX5xxx with new drivers.
    I already for a long time wait for it... From somebody...
    Can't ask me about it. I all the same shall not answer.

4. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    Leonid

Thanks so much !! I love this tip . I open my eyes on such info , always .:D:D

5. a9498383

a9498383 Member

GPU:
    ok im opening my eyes, nothing ,,,

6. lw3d

lw3d Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    Thats a new one ... I heard of RTFM ... but I never heard of RMFM [ Read My F ' in Mind } :D

7. a9498383

a9498383 Member

GPU:
    lool, thats a good one

8. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    What kinda step? **HINT HINT HINT**

just curious

9. a9498383

a9498383 Member

GPU:
    a step in other side ..

10. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    rui, did your reply to leonids suggestions regarding "step in other side" was a serious one? I think that what leonid suggests is the alternative way of quadro modification which was discovered by tesselate and must have something to do with NV_PBUS_DEBUG_1_SPARE3 register. My guess is based on that statement from Unwinder:

I´m not sure if that is really possible for nv3x but it could be the solution.

regards

11. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    Hi loop29

I qoute your question which in other thread :

This is what i thought about leonid's statement :

He did it , and i believe him .

We had test a lot of methods on our FX5X00, most of the methods are complex , and difficult . for exemple : patch the driver by yourself (if you are not a professional one ,you have to forget it ) ; resolder the resistors on PCB ; patch the bios .. But leonid said : it is very easy . So , i think i should exclud those complex methods, just pick the easy one . This is very helpful ! we don't need to test a lots possible steps !

This is a IQ question , i love it !:D

I think maybe i forgot an easy step , maybe i should think about this mod in other way . Reset my mine , and think about this mod again . :D

So , this is what i got from leonid's statement . Unfortunately im busy these days , i will do more test on my FX5900 last week .

regards

12. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    weird, I could swear that I had posted my reply in this thread, guess I´m getting old :)
    I believe him too and I try to search a different approach to get it working. But there is not much that comes to my mind now. What do we have: We know that it is possible with resistor moves to change the PCIdeviceID succesfully on nv5xxx boards. We get the same results with resistor moves and using nvstrap. Only drivers in the range from 44.xx to 45.28 work with nvstrap PCIdeviceID or resistor change. I think that shows only that there is some code missing in these drivers and in newer drivers there is additional code in the driver that somehow verifies quadro or geforce chip.

I thought about bios programmability, that there are one or more register values that have to be changed for correct chip identification. But since bios flashing doesn´t help in any way and leonid says it´s very easy I think you are right, it can´t be that difficult. Maybe there is another patch script which we didn´t thought off that will do the trick. Forcing PCIdeviceID change always leads to the same results, lockups in pro applications when ogl driver is loaded. Another thing can be to patch another file, but as of now I don´t have any idea which that could be.

regards

13. ABLomas

ABLomas Member

GPU:
    FX6800GT@300MHz GPU/600MHz VRAM
    Maybe, maybe...
    But just some questions, just to shorter range of "steps into another side" - it's drivers-onlly mod (nothing good, doesn't works on linux, depends on driver versions, and with never versions may change), BIOS mod, or just full hardmod (with some BIOS changes)?
    Any mods may be very easy, if u know what u doin' ;-)
    Because Leonid deletes it's own messages in FX5900 -> Q3000 thread, and left only post in loop29 quote (some parts quoted too), pictures lost too, so all i think about it - is just BIOS mod. Why else delete own posts about BIOS modifications ;-)

14. a9498383

a9498383 Member

GPU:
    is this a riddle i have to solve or what :p ? come on guys post some steps please

15. ABLomas

ABLomas Member

GPU:
    FX6800GT@300MHz GPU/600MHz VRAM
    If this is a bios mod, which i tried to do, i will not post details about it - too dangerous (i think, i flashed device with PCI DEV ID 0x0238, which is CPU to PCI bridge), but, if u really want to repeat - all is described in this thread, and in thread about FX5900 modification to quadro 3000 (author - rui).
    Good luck ;-)

16. a9498383

a9498383 Member

GPU:
    so to let the card be identical to the orignal quadro i have to bios mod it too right ? , i have read all the rui's thread, but i didnt see any details for using newer drivers for the geforce 5900xt --> quadro 3000