English Election in USA

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by benktlottie, Apr 27, 2005.

1. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    This is a relative mesurement. Europeans point out american's have no high gas prices (true), I point out you have little to no crime problem (true in my eyes).
    Drunk brawling is hardly a crime and when you can point out specific instances of a single murder of an an adult male, that certainly says a lot about murder rates.
    Put it this way, the US would love your crime rate.
    Certianly you need to combat rising crime rates, but the way teh conservatives have framed teh debate is pure scare mongering. One billboard (not the one comparing immigrants to germs, as an 'immigrant' myself I loved that one) basically said how would you feel if your daughter got raped and murdered by some guy on early release. The best part was teh scribbled note: 'you have a better chance of winning the lotto than having this happen.' Worth noting:
    american murder rate is about 4:100,000
    UK is 1:100,000.
    Its lower than canada. . . .

2. dukeman

dukeman Guest

illegal immigrants are a germ. i am all for legal immigration. my grandparents came here "legally".

in my eyes if you are here illegally then you are breaking the laws of this land and if caught you should be returned to where you came from.

3. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    they said "immigrants," not a "illegal" in sight
    You see, the BNP and some conservatives simply want to make all or nearly all immigration illegal.

4. dukeman

dukeman Guest

if that is what it said then yes that was wrong.

being a conservative i wish to end illegal not legal immigration.

well you have the supposed conservative president that wants to make all illegals in the US into legals. i voted for him but to me it was the lesser of two evils.

what is the BNP?

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    BNP=British National(ist?) Party
    Skinheads tend to vote for them. Pretty much blatant racists.

6. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    It's quite true that America gas is cheap. In Canadian Cents/liter, they're paying 72 cents. On average, we're paying 92 cents nationally. I filled up today for 84.4 cents. Even California is paying less than we are.

I'm not sure how accurate Britain's homicide rate is concidering it has a larger population than Canada does. We're sitting at 1.7:100,000 as of 2003. Violent crime has been on the rise here, as it is making up a greater proportion of all crimes being committed.

Just wondering. Seeing this is about political attention given to nations other than the US. How much do non-Canadians know about the corruption allegations against our current government?

7. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I think England is far more urbanised than canada with makes its lower murder rate even better.
    It also seems more urbanized than the US, though I dunno about either statistic
    I havn't been following teh canadian scandal much as neither teh herald tribune, economist, or the BBC worldservice seem to cover it much.

8. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Actually, most of Canada's population lives in cities. Only about 20% of people still live in rural areas as of 2001 and that's decreasing. Canada has a problem with gang and drug activity in it's cities which is probably why the murder rate is higher.

It's very big news here. It's shaken the whole parliamentary system to it's core with allegations of corruption and party authoritarianism. It's Watergate all over again, but bigger. Who says Canadian politics is boring. Read about it here if you want to find out more.
    http://www.canada.com/national/features/gomery/index.html

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  9. Elink7

Elink7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GT
    While I do not watch the election returns, I do vote and believe that is a duty for everyone eligible and able to vote. You keep ignoring your rights and soon they are gone.

10. the_cleric

the_cleric Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    yeah that's one of mankinds worst habits...
    as I said : taking all the stuff we've got for granted and even complaining about it...people are always complaining! (that's why I always remember my favorite slipknot song "people=$hit"...meh)

11. Sivo

Sivo Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9600
    I'm disappointed with what the other british members are saying.

Violent Crime has increased, but other crime has been dramtically reduced.

Everything has a flip side, it looks to me as though you just eating up the Conservative Propaganda.

12. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    Definately not mate, where have you been for the last few months ?!?!?!?!? I see/hear the crime first hand. My darling wife is a social worker who deals with young offenders. Her case load is huge. The 15-17 year old crime rate is rising dramatically ! These kids will be the criminals of tomorrow. She and her colleagues work with the police, and the Police say it is spiralling out of control. Labour have gone all soft. Theiving has gone down, but 'bad' crimes have gone up. Most people in the UK dont give a damn about others anymore, and the consequence of their actions. This country needs to fight drugs. Its a major cause of problems here.

I read a wide variety of newspapers, and read news on the net daily. I dont specifically read a newspaper because of its political bias. They all say the same. Crime overall has risen, and prison are full like theyve never been full before. Crime inst the only factor that I will base my vote on. Theres economics too. Fair enough, Brown has done an alright job, the ecomony is good, but...it could be better. Labour make my family worse off. I am a self employed IT Contractor during the day, and you would not believe the turn around since Labour took power. They encouraged people like me to start businesses, then when they realised that we made too much money, an new tax appeared. this tax didnt work very well, so they introduced a new one ! Labour attack business and this is unhealthy. And politicial correctness has just gone crazy since Labour took over. Theyve lost the plot with immigration, and they should never have gone to war !!!

GET BLAIR OUT !!! LOL

13. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    the real question is who are you going to vote for?
    The conservatives are trying to attract teh BNp and thats sick.
    The liberals seem, weel, too liberal for you.

14. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    Well, its isnt gonna be Labour ! LOL

That is just so not true. I would suggest the BNP alternative motto is 'there no black in union jack' and I cant see the conservatives endorsing something like that ! I PERSONALLY DO NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I would just like to see a government in this county containing the flow of immigration. There is absoutely no racism in the conservative party (or if there is, no more than any other party, except the BNP...) Howard is basically playing on the Xenaphobic Englishman. It aint right, but he has some good points.

Led by a drunk who last night blamed not knowing what was happening with his economic policy on the birth of his child. That may well work in the workplace, but not in National Government !

All I would like to see is a country that I can be proud to call my own. I am English. I am proud that I am English. I regret what England has done in history. This country need a firm economic policy, a decent agenda on crime, a better and safe NHS, reliable public transport, a workable immigration policy, and a welfare system that isnt so open to fraud. We need better schools, a better technology infrastructure, the right to say NO to Europe and some good old fashion values.

I think the conservatives should be given a chance this time.

15. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    Out of interest...

SIVO and NM+.............what are your views ? Who will you be voting for ? :)

16. all i'm going to say is don't blame your fellow countrymen for wanting to maintain the status quo of anglo-britain by voting for a party like the BNP. we're living in a age where many countries are at risk of being overrun by foreign cultures.

17. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I'm an american living in the UK.
    Gram, the BNP has stated that whites are better than everyone else. Thats really, really bad.

18. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    Sorry NM+, I didnt realise ! Damn, you cant vote...

Who would you vote for if you could ?

The BNP are a nasty party and they have very extreme views. But...check this out. They have put 111 candidates for the election. This entitles them to 5 minute Party Political Broadcasts on UK television. They do get voted for. Burnley is the prime example. The Asian population in Burnley (on certain housing estates, I do not mean ALL asians) are notorious haters of white people, and will attack someone for purely being white. The older generation were not used to such a multi cultured society and this feeds down through the generations. My grandfather still call black skinned people certain names, and asians by other unmentionable names ! But...I dont use them, I have the intelligence and understanding to appreciate society as it is today. Some people just cannot see it like this, and this is why the BNP have a fair sized following. Theyre gonna win a seat in the houses of parliment sooner or later...like Sinn Fien did in Ireland. Then what do we do ? Suddenly ban their party ? We live in a democratic society...

19. the_cleric

the_cleric Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    mmm....just wanna mention that saying you're proud of your country as a german...is just not "allowed" in our society....they call you ***** and whatnot...that's twisted
    people here are still taking the blame for what germany did during WW2...sure! we can't just forget it! but why still blame it on our generation? people here are doing it...making us feel bad as if we did it...
    it makes me sick in a way....as I am proud of my country (for what it has done in the last few decades)

20. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    @ the_cleric

I know, I lived in Frankfurt am Main for 2 years and had a German girlfriend there. The English are still reminded of things that we did 'wrong' centuries ago !!!