tvout and seperate displays

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Elanzer, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Elanzer

Elanzer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9700 @ 325/580 (3.6ns hynix..)
    I'm trying to use the tvout on my card to use my tv as a seperate display, but for some reason I can't find an option to disable clone mode. I might be missing something obvious, but I simply can't find out how to set it to it's own display. In the display tab under the monitor info it shows the 2 buttons to clone and seperate, but clicking them does absolutely nothing no matter what I do (they just act like I'm not clicking them at all). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. Elanzer

Elanzer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nobody knows? It's possible with any dual ramdac nvidia card, are all ati's cards limited to clone mode in tvout even though they also have 2 ramdacs? I've found nothing anywhere on this. Some people say ATi's tvout ability is the best but I don't understand how it's great if it can't use the tvout as a seperate display.

3. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Have you installed Hydravision?

4. Elanzer

Elanzer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I did, but I haven't found anything in hydravision either. I just see the same sort of functionality that's in nview and virtual desktops, but no option of setting tvout to a second display instead of cloning the first or anything related to tvout.

5. sknighti

sknighti New Member

GPU:
    VisionTek X800 Pro
    right click desktop go to properties
    settings tab
    click the box with the number 2
    click extend my windows desktop to this monitor

6. Elanzer

Elanzer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've done this and every variation of it, when I click apply it actually just fades out again like I've done nothing. It also says display 1 is "multiple displays" (cloned) when the tvout is enabled, there is no effect.

7. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    I seriously don't think you can. I had this same problem trying to set up my TV as a second monitor. The max resolution for my tv detected was 1024x768 and in order to view the whole screen on my desktop on my tv without panning I had to set my computer's resolution to 1024x768, which was unaccectable. I tried so many variations but could never set my computer monitor at one resolution and my tv monitor at another. Extended the desktop just make the tv look nasty, so I have basically resigned to not using my tv out till I get a nice HDTV.

8. Elanzer

Elanzer Ancient Guru

GPU:

Yeah that's exactly the same as my problem. on my old FX5200 I could even do this but I can't do it with a 9700 of the same generation.. kind of lame.