ForceWare 76.44

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RBEJ, Apr 7, 2005.

1. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    hehe, very nice, i will go SLi in about 6 months time, but i can get 6k+ at full O/C so im happy enough for now

2. Toxic Worrier

Toxic Worrier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Wait for the XG dude to work his voodoo magic on these. Then, if you're goin from the XG 76.41's like so many will, just run his installer.

3. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    whats the difference between XG's and normal drivers then ?

4. E.J.Smith

E.J.Smith Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce Titan
    Just for the fun of changing drivers twice a week in pursuit of that ever-elusive dream of reaching "Nvidia Driver Nirvana."

I like these drivers. Purely from the standpoint of running apps they are stable with good IQ. The benches performed by others speak for themselves.

Toxic Worrier is right: if you have doubts, you may want to wait for the crew to do their XG magic on this set or, alternatively, try the XG 76.41 set in the interim.

5. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    ive changed nvidia drivers so often now i've lost hope of finding Nirvana, i just dont want to eat into my valuable PC time at the weekend uninstalling,cleaning and reinstalling drivers for no discernable gain ( not that i probly wont anyway ;)

think i might try the XG 76.41's though as they seem very popular

6. TeaEtchSee

TeaEtchSee Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950gt (Winfast a400gt RIP)
    xgs currently is the best driver on my rig. They are very good :)

7. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    download 4 new sets of drivers, and im gonna skive off home in a bit and see exactly what happens :)

8. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

9. SgtBilko

SgtBilko Guest

10. jAMMER

jAMMER Guest

I hope these will allow me to overclock my core using coolbits. Some beta's and XG's won't. They will overclock the memory and make it look like you are overclocking the core, but if you read your details in 3D Mark05 it shows memory up but core still at original speed. Was wondering....76.44 is in French , right?

11. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Well ok, Mike beat him by 5 marks, but considering the CPU difference that isn't much now is it?

Just shows that Dune2's CPU can almost equal Mike's when they're both overclocked. You'd sort of hope that the AMDFX 55 at stock speed would beat Dune2's when it's overclocked. If you get me.

So didn't notice that Mike had marginally beat him. But that doesn't seem enough if you ask me.

Again, ask Mike, I don't know

12. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    To those of you who like to use the refresh rate overrider. This panel is now hiden by default for a reason. Using it causes a performance drop. My aquamark03 drops to 51k from 56k+ when using it, so it's better to use RefreshLock until Nvidia fixes whatever they messed up.

BTW these drivers are working very well here. The instability I had with 76.41 went away and performance looks even a little better for me.

13. I am not going to try any drivers other than OFFICIAL from www.nvidia.com, why you ask?

because the current 71.84 WHQL official are simply SUPERB in every game i played and no bugs @ all.

if nVidia get official drivers i'll try em and see how they go, 66.93 WHQL official were absolutely CRAP, so i'm not saying NVIDIA official are a must, just that i prefer to use official. ;)

good luck with your bench & test guys :D

14. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

klemeth that bug has been there for along time

yet not everyone gets it

and jammer you are truly a noob

3dmark05 displays 2d speeds

your video card is really over clocked but 3dmark05s info display isn't really anything to go by

15. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Yes, I suppose Nvidia took the menu page away when they realized it.

What do you mean by "not everyone gets it"? Not everyone experiences it?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  16. rolandrat

rolandrat Guest

So far for me these have been great. I have tested them on my SLI rig with BFV, Far Cry and Painkiller, and Ive run some demos and they have been faultless. So far Ive have been on 66.93 cos i found them the most stable, but these have been good.
    Still have the widescreen 1680x1050 issue on DVI, but then we can't expect eveything can we.

17. Crovean

Crovean Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB
    any modded inf file with to make it work on older cards?

18. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    if you download them now they come with a modified inf file, but you can opt to download even newer drivers...

19. Geebs

Geebs Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX260+
    Hi all,

I found that these drivers were about 400 3dm05 points faster than 71.84, but they were buggy as hell...

I couldn't run D3: ROE or Spliter Cell:CT, or JO:E. My system would lock up hard when trying to run any of these apps, on top of locking up when just surfing or unzipping a file...

I have gone back to the 71.84's...

Just wanted to say, this is my first post here, and it seems like THE place to come for all things nVidia... Thanks for having me!

20. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

did you remove your old drivers properly, as these newer drivers require it becoz they contain newer coding

21. Geebs

Geebs Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX260+
    I just uninstalled them from the Add/Remove menu... Would that make a difference?