Who here is a poor bast*rd like me and can't afford new PC stuff!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jw_Leonhart, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Please don't anyone mention P2P sites, such as www.GOOGLE.com, so that this thread doesn't get shut down.

haha google. Sorry I have crappy humor.

2. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    haaa nice to be argentinian and broke at the same time eh??

I have money for a new and better rig, but Im 13 and my fathers dont want to spend so much money on computer upgrades :D at the same time I dream with a 6600gt not girls :D or... girls not vid cards??? Im confused :) hahahah

hahaha that´s not right.... heh.. jajajaj!!!

3. hehe, ones and zeroes should never take precedence over chix. ;)

4. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Though that would be something that can be more of a money pit than a computer.
    /I keed
    //Sort of

5. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    University life can drain your money pretty fast :(

6. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    so can newcastle at 64NOK per 500ml
    /but it was soooo good

7. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    Well I don't charge everyone the same. Good friends get it for free. But not charging everyone is just stupid. There are users and givers in this world. They feed each other and lower demand (and the minimum wage for all you future wage earner). I never charge "Poor" people the same as "Rich" people. That how you get people to call you back. But "Poor" people usually work aroud "Rich" people so word of mouth carrys.

8. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    Well not poor but have some major things coming up like house purchase and starting my masters.After I commit to those two I will be very poor surviving only on IBBY cookies' crumbs

9. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    That's for sure, you should see how much parking costs me.

I have some money but most of my spare money goes into my RC stuff. Just bought a new transmitter set up. 6 channels so I have flap and gear control available to me now. Computer doesn't take presidence because I'm not as much of a gamer as I used to be. I can survive with a lowly FX5200 for now. I'm waiting until 64-bit stuff starts becoming mainstream before I upgrade. If I get some good money working this summer, I may get a 6200 or a 6600GT.

10. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    I draw House Plan's for a Living. I would think they would be the same building codes as Florida. 35 cents a Sq. Ft. for everything covered by a roof. I can draw you any home you dream of. PM me.

11. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I'm not poor, but I remember what it was like to be poor back in 1999 and how I got out of it.

It's not how much you make, it's how much you keep. You have to figure out a way to live cheap. When I was poor, I rented a room for $300 per month. It wasn't the most desirable living arrangement, but it worked for me. I was a bike assembler at Toys 'R Us back then not making all that much money ($8 per hour.) I couldn't afford much in the way of computers, but at least I didn't have to worry about a car payment. I was able to save some money until I found a better job. Then my bank account grew big time.

12. dr jonz

dr jonz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x HIS Radeon 7970 Ghz
    College will keep you broke. I need to get another job, but kinda hard for me to at the moment. I just work in a chemistry lab on campus during the week, and i get just enough for rent and bills, but I don't have much more money free at all. In fact I owe my roommates about $20 for food in the last week (however I'm definately not starving). I blew all my money on this P.O.S. last summer, so i guess i'm stuck with it til after i graduate (hopefully fall 2007). This thing has 32mb of shared video memory, and only capable of running DX 7. Its a long story, and I know I shouldn't have bought it, but I guess I'm stuck with it for a couple more years.

Anyway, to the point, I can't afford anything at the moment.

13. dr jonz

dr jonz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x HIS Radeon 7970 Ghz
    Also gas prices are knocking a nice dent in the old wallet. Due to family reasons, I have to drive home every weekend. It's just 100 miles one way, but driving it a couple times a week on a tight budget sucks.

14. sailor

sailor Maha Guru

GPU:
    x1800xt & x1600xt
    I could afford to buy nice stuff then I lost my job and now my X800 has died and I have had to go back to a 9600pro life's a (well you know what)!

15. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    Thanks, but I'll pass. At this point in time I would rather buy than build

16. Zombiematt

Zombiematt Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 275 gtx
    i may have a nice pc and tv and entertainment system, and a nice house, but i am super broke seriously , after i pay bills for the month i have about $10 left, it sucks. i just dropped my digital cable out of 300 channels i only watched 4 so it wasnt worth it. :(

17. computeerrgghh

computeerrgghh Master Guru

GPU:
    9800 Pro \ 64 mb 9600 mobility
    I have been teaching a bunch of senior citizens near me how to use, fix, buy,etc. computers for 3 years. I would never consider charging...Some of them are in worse condition than any of us. I just remember that my comp is now 4 (or 5, not sure) years old, with the 1 yr old 9800 pro my friends pooled for me for my birthday.

18. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I don't think Poorness is more of a money problem.

It's a mindset, break it, and you'll do better with your money straight away.

Although don't go spending it on useless crap, you still need to save as well, but most of the time it's a mindset problem, not a cash flow problem.

Stay positive.

19. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    I am not really poor or rich, but I do save money almost every week. I probably won’t update for a while, I mean yea sure all the cool new device is really nice and all, but I don't see the need right now. My computer is not that bad right now, at least for what I use. However if I do ever update, I'll build it from stretch, my first mistake with this PC is that I went with Intel and weak PSU and the list just goes on... Yea you kinda figure I got this computer before I joined this site, no surprise I was a pretty big noob back then. But yea back to what I was saying, just gonna wait and see where the technology trend is going… and decide.

20. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    I hate not having money for upgrades :S