NVIDIA Geforce FX 5700 256bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by BrianWasHere, Apr 7, 2005.

1. BrianWasHere

BrianWasHere Member

GPU:
    MSI R6850
    Hey, I just recently got a new computer from CP and it came with an FX 5700. I was really excited to try out my new comp so I started to play World of Warcraft. When I started playing I noticed that my graphics were terrible. All the outlining on objects were tearing and when I ran by objects such as a treeline it would look so bad it would seriously give me a migraine. I updated my display driver, tried another monitor, upped the anisotropic filtering, and still nothing. I am beginning to wonder if this video card is sort of a low-budget kind of card. Because I have a 9800pro on my other comp and it plays as smooth as butter.

So I guess what I'm asking is, should I get a new video card? Or is there something I can adjust in Riva Tuner? Please help, I really feel upset because I expected to be able to play with almost flawless graphics.

-brian

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  2. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    get a new one

3. BrianWasHere

BrianWasHere Member

GPU:
    MSI R6850
    Are you certain? Anyone else got any input?

4. Sobe

Sobe Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Well WoW's graphics aren't the best as it is...

Add that to a FX5700, and you've got yourself, well, a crummier looking WoW.

Ditch the card and get a 9800pro (at least), or better yet, a 6600GT ($200 for mine @ CompUSA)

5. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

6. BrianWasHere

BrianWasHere Member

GPU:
    MSI R6850
    oh no, it plays fine... but i definitely notice a drop in frames and the edges seem to be very rough on objects. I guess I just need a new card. Thanks all.