Don’t break your Alienware case…

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by SamHughe, Mar 18, 2005.

1. SamHughe

SamHughe Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX (SLI)
    Or you’ll pay dearly. I have an Alienware system with one of those fancy Cyborg green cases. I really like my system it’s fast and reliable but, couple of days ago I accidentally spilled some paint thinner on the left case panel and it ruined the paint plus the latch mechanism so I can’t use the panel anymore. I e-mailed the customer service and asked for a replacement left panel and they send me a response saying that can’t send me any replacement part, instead I should send THE REST OF MY SYSTEM to them so they can replace the whole case. So instead of just sending me the god damn left panel they want me to pay for two-way shipping and 2-hour labor and a new case which is gonna cost me around 400 bucks. I called the customer service and told them that this is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard in my life and just give me one logical reason for not sending me the replacement part and all I got was “We know it sound illogical but this is the way it is.” They didn’t even let me speak with their supervisor because my warranty expired. Can you believe this sh!t? There must be some place that I can complain about them. Better Business Bureau maybe???

SampissedoffHughe

2. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 OC Windforce
    Tell alienware to go bleep themselves omg they are the worst company in bleeping existence. i am dead serious i mean woh the bleep sells headphones for $3000 bleeping dollars?

3. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    I can sort of understand where they're coming from but I 400 smackers is just way too much. Sounds like milking the customer to me:rolleyes:

4. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    If the problem is that bad there's an easy solution. Buy a low cost case and put everything in there. I'd ship the empty case back to them with a note telling them where they can put it.

Alienware doesn't seem like a very good company to me. There stuff is way over priced. Is it just me or has customer service gone down the crapper. There's no excuse for that kind of attitude.

5. truAp0stle

truAp0stle Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256 @ 430~1100 ~Samsung 930b 19" LCD
    Yeah man Alienware does make some sweet PC's...although it wouldnt have been my choice I understand why u bought it. Thats what companies do man...your warranty is out and they want to make money. Yes, it would be easier for them just to send you a replacment but then they would lose revenue of your original sale. Kind of sounds like your in between a rock and hard place. It's just as if you bought a car and the transmission brakes a week after your warranty runs out....your pretty much FuX0red.

You could type up a formal letter and certify mail it to like the president of the company to maybe get results beyond those that a $8.50 an hour telephone rep would give. Explain to them that you are happy with your system but that you feel the repair process is unfair, and that if they cannot be more ammicable you will:

1. File a complain with the BBB
    2. Inform hundreds of gaming peers that they should never consider alienware
    3. Et al

That is really your only option. Be formal...let them know how you feel and ask them to provide a cost effective rememdy to your problem.

If they say **** off then you have two choices....pay them the $400 bucks to "repair" your "Cyborg Green" alienware case or.....

Purchase a Lian Li brushed aluminum case WITH an OCZ POWERSTREAM 600watt and still have $50 to buy a mess load of KFC Chicken snackers with.

muhahahaha.:cool:

6. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    Or just send it back to the and tell them off, then go out and find a case that looks like the Alienware case. Ive seen a few around the net that "resemble" the AW cases but not that much...

7. Usuario

Usuario Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950 GT FANLESS
    Hi Sam. Despite this problem I was thinking about buying asystem from Allienware, but I live in Brazil. Do you thik the case can stand the trip?

8. MM-K

MM-K Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1GB
    LOL, how do you exactly spill paint thinner on a computer? Why was is there to begin with?

9. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    That sounds really lame , cant you just order a new case and Install the Parts yourself?

Sounds like that would be much cheaper

10. HanShot1st

HanShot1st Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870 512mb DDR5
    Alienware is a joke, dont buy their stuff. They dont even sell the high end stuff anymore...they sell whatever product they get the best mass deal for. The make it seem like they are this enthusiast pc builder, but they do stupid things like give you 100% locked BIOS for your motherboard. There is no difference between Alienware's methods and Dell's methods. Mass production of questionable quality. Once they started using Koolance to "watercool" their pc I realized how much they actually suck.

11. HanShot1st

HanShot1st Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870 512mb DDR5
    build your own man! you will have all the individual warrantys for each product, it will be ALOT cheaper, and you will have fun and learn a lot by doing it on your own. TRUST ME.

The satisfaction you will get from doing it yourself is worth it alone.

12. SamHughe

SamHughe Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX (SLI)
    I'm sure the huge ass box they put the case in can stand everything but they'll probably ask 500bucks just to send you the case and if something happens you have to send the whole system back to them. This is crazy! DO NOT BUY ALIENWARE!!! It doesn't woth it believe me.

SamHughe

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  13. panZEr gt

panZEr gt Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800gt 433/1200 @ 1.4v AC-nv5 modded
    computer still works - same hardware inside

why worry?

14. bbvdd2

bbvdd2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 960 WHITE SLI
    As stupid as it sounds, they are protecting there trademarked case.

I had the same issue with Oakley sunglasses a few years back. I had a pair of the Full Metal Jackets and the ear pieces kept breaking. I would call them and ask to buy replacements because the didn't sell them in the store like they did years before with the Blades and Razor Blades. I was told I had to ship my glasses back to them (3 times mind you) and they would inspect and replace what was needed. They told me on the phone "How do we know you really have our sunglasses?" "If we sold you the Oakley Ear Socks, you could put them on a knockoff pair" I said, "If I had cheap knockoffs I wouldn't be calling you for replacements, I'd just go buy another stinking pair for $5" They really p!$$ed me off with that nonsense so I vowed to never buy their products again. And I haven't :D F''' Oakley, Overpriced Plastic Junk. The local Korean Mart sell exact replicas for $10

15. SamHughe

SamHughe Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX (SLI)
    BTW this is what happened the case:

[​IMG]

And this:

[​IMG]

SamHughe

16. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Look cool... like deformed alien... leave it :D

Oh, and next time, build your own PC. ;)

17. chickenRUN

chickenRUN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 7950
    well that actually looks like funky.. lol like some weird fungus growin on your case..

makes for a funky lookin mod :D

18. bbvdd2

bbvdd2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 960 WHITE SLI
    Oh SNAP!

Thats bad! I feel for you man.
    I don't see how their case is $400 though, that is just robbery!

You could always strip all the paint and apply a nice new coat of some yourself. Even change the color if you choose.

19. SamHughe

SamHughe Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX (SLI)
    Only If I could fit the damn panel in its place. The lock doesn't work for some reason so the panel won't close.

SamHughe

20. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    Do the same thing on the top but on the other side and along the bottom. THat way it'll look like you've got alien fungus growing over your case. It'll definately be unique and cool. Also get a can of clear coat paint and cover the case with that stuff. That way the "fugus" wont chip off.

Also what's wrong with the clamp exactly?