bleu screen of D (71.84 WHQL) idle 70+ degrees

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dabuzz, Mar 13, 2005.

1. dabuzz

dabuzz Member

GPU:
    Pov Geforce 6800 GT agp
    Hi, I know about the temp bug and it made my card get so hot that is got a bleu screen 3 times, so i removed them. I want to know if i can put some proper cooling on my POV 6800 GT. What cooling items can i buy for it?

Already writen in the forum :eek: dude write it again :p

You help me choose...

NV Silencer 5
    [​IMG]

Extremely quiet
    A large fan and optimized fanblades offer a minimum noise level at a high air flow.

Unique Cooling Performance
    Highest fin surface area and a 2.5 mm thick copper base achieve best cooling performance at its noise level.

Efficient Memory Cooling
    With this highly efficient heatsink the memories get cooled up to 6 times better than without memory cooling.

High Service Life (L10 at 30°C: 274000h)
    Our ARCTIC Ceramic Bearing (alloy bearing and Ceramic shaft) provides our fans with an outstanding service life.

6 Years Warranty

DHES (Direct Heat Exhaust System)
    The DHES draws cool air from inside the case and exhausts warm
    air outwards. This prevents the fan from recycling warm air to cool the
    GPU, which increases cooling performance.
    Further the DHES lowers the air temperature inside the case, because the heat
    of the GPU will be carried out directly.

Easy Installation
    Compared to our VGA Silencer, we could ease the installation process significantly.

price: € 15,07 to € 22,13

ARE TERE OTHERS that fir on a 6800 GT ?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  2. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
  3. gobucks

gobucks Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT PCIe @675MHz/1800MHz
    I have the VF700, it's freakin awesome - nice and quiet, simple to install and remove, and it's a general purpose HSF, so you can probably keep it if you upgrade your card down the road. My temps went down from 80C under load to 60C under load, and i got the cheaper AlCu version (pure Cu is like 1-2C colder). I've heard the nv silencer is nice, too, but i've heard installation can be a pain, especially if the copper contact points need to be filed down. Oh, and the VF700 is bad for SLI - the top card just blows hot air on the bottom card, so don't get it if you want SLI.

4. Clandestino

Clandestino Guest

Hey, to solve the temp bug, just do Detect Optimal Freq in CoolBits, then chose No overclocking after being detected and the temp bug will be solved, it is annoying, i know...

About NV5, all went good with mine, it was easy. Now 20º less (10 only with the bug)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2005
  5. gobucks

gobucks Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT PCIe @675MHz/1800MHz
    if you overclock the non-performance (2D) speed by 1MHz, it's supposed to fix the problem too.

6. Wildman95GS-T

Wildman95GS-T Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 2000
    I was able to do that with my noultra with drivers up to the 67.66, anything newer than that and it would not work :mad:

7. dabuzz

dabuzz Member

GPU:
    Pov Geforce 6800 GT agp
    I did overclock it by 1 or more, but it still got to hot somehow. But what that gus is saying is optimal freqence and than choose no overclocking.. wierd:D

8. Clandestino

Clandestino Guest

I'm now at 405 and the problem is solved, may be 1mhz does not solve it, cause 400 Mhz speed is 398,xx in reality... So 401 should not be 401 exactly, anyway nvidias bug is really weird.

To sum up I don't know if 1 mhz solves the problem, but 405 does in a 6800 GT.

9. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    get the NV5, it drop about 10C on my card.