cpu cooler which?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by yttocs1966, Mar 8, 2005.

1. yttocs1966

yttocs1966 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVG 9800GTX
    have a prescott want to cool it down whats good. been lookin around and thermaltakes tower series looked good but heavy, a zalman brand also looked ok and anyone have a scythe brand cooler?. thanks p.s. mite do gpu while at it any input on these would be nice

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce 6800GT, OCed
  3. stalkersoftware

stalkersoftware Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 OC @ 380/800
    A thermalright Xp 120 will work good for your Cpu its not that heavy as the Zalman

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Yup. Stick a good 120mm fan on it and you'll be good. Having good airflow in your case is important too. Make sure you have enough fans in your case.

I've had a little experiance with the Scythe HSF's. From using them against stock coolers you get with your CPU's, they're in some cases worse.

The Zalman 7700 is a great HSF too. I'd say it was a toss up between that or the XP120.

As for your GPU, take a look at this:

http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=149&code=013

From looking around it seems to be pretty much the best on offer at the moment. Though an NV silencer would do the job more than adequately.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005

5. Boqy

Boqy New Member

GPU:
    Asus 9800XT
    Titan Vanessa is good cooler at affordabble price (35 eur).
    6 Cu heatpipes and Al top.

6. yttocs1966

yttocs1966 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVG 9800GTX
    thanks for replies, leaning towards the TT silent tower, it just looks like itll fall over and break. oh well

7. Hav0c

Hav0c Guest

To Cool My Prescott Core I Used An Gigabyte GH-PCU31-VH 3D Cooler Ultra w/Arctic Silver 3 Thermal Paste
    It worked really Well the core was slightly overclocked to 3.0 to 3.2 and holds a temp of 28C at idle and heavy load around
    38C - 45C.But Now I Have Swicthed to water Cooling

8. nexusworks

nexusworks Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with arctic cooling fan
    Try looking at arctic cooling Freezer for P4 or AMD its an excellent cooler at lower price. I have the thermal right xp-120, its good but quite pricely.

cheers!

9. yttocs1966

yttocs1966 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVG 9800GTX
    will a Tt cpu cooler tower 112 fit/work. specs say fits a 3.6 prescott 478 socket? thermalright xp 120 takes a memory card slot away so its out. zalman needs 2.6 inche radius from center of proccessor and nothing higher then 1.5 iches my MB's heatsink is there or rite there. anyone with my MB use any of theses. just want to pick up rite component and do once

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005