Guru 3D SLI Users Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by MikeMK, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOODIVER

SMOODIVER Guest

specs

I have an ASUS sli board with a athlon 3500+, gigabyte gt and 512 of ram and im just wondering if the "ultra xconnect" will power it because its only atx 1.3. Im not sure about the power on each rail I really dont know anything about that.

2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Check out the sticker on the side of the PSU, and it should tell you the ratings on the 12v, 5v and 3.3v rails. Report back with your findings. Often the amps on the rails are more important than the rating in watts.

3. Elemental HQ

Elemental HQ Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Nvidia BFG 6600GT OC 570/1.14 PCI-Express SLI
    lol that is the only reason i got 2 6600gt's b/c we do not carry the 6800gt in pci-e..i also got that replacement plan on all my parts so my next computer will cost almost nothing to build

4. SMOODIVER

SMOODIVER Guest

AC INPUT 115V/230V 10A/6A 60/50Hz
    DC OUTPUT +3.3V +5V +12V -12V -5V +5VSB
    500W Max 28A 30A 34A 0.8A 0.3A 2A

Combined Watts 500W

This?

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thats the one, and they look fine, shouldnt have a problem with that PSU the rails look good. You may want to get a 20-24 pin converter though.

6. thor1182

thor1182 Active Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA NV 6800 GT
    For those with evga cards: how does the poer connector with it work? Does it require two connectors from the PSU to feed the GPU, or is it a serial set up where you can connect another device to it? I'm curious to know so I can figure out how many conectors I am going to need to power two 6800 GT's

7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    YAY!!!! I have graphics cards again. My 6800Ultras arrived today! :D check pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I shall post some more pics of my whole rig in the rig gallery at some point tomorrow if I can. :)

8. gopher04

gopher04 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 Classified
    Very nice Mike, im very intrested what the performance of your system will be, because except the memory, im going for the same specs, and the same g/cards, they look cool as well, but look at the size of them, thats one pci slot out the window, also what that funny looking setup on the cpu, looks cool, but wierd at the same time..you lucky lucky man..

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Performance is fantastic. Ive only run a quick couple of benchmarks on this system - totally untweaked. The 3dm03 and AM3 scores u see in my sig. I have only played a couple of games, both support SLI though - Battle for middle earth, and Battlefield Vietnam. Both ran great, with no issues at all.
    As for the CPU cooler, its a swiftec heatsink MCX6400-V, and i got a 80-120mm fan adapter and stuck a thermaltake 120mm fan on top of it. Needed decent cooling bad ;). Will be interested to see what your rig does when u get it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    For peoples have probem for OC with the A8N-SLI deluxe,

Just flash the Bios with the 1004, you will see a strange things!

When hardware tester have try the A8N-SLI deluxe, this bios was
    not disponible so....

The best thing it' s i can run all days with a cold temp. (35 °C)
    without change the HT (5x) with low latency on 2x 3200-512 Mo
    and memory run at 450 Mhz without problem..
    Athlon 64 3500+ (200MhZ - 225Mhz x 11) can run easy at 236 without cfg memory higher latency etc...

It' s not a real perf. OC but it' s just for make run my CPU stable and like a 3800+ or 4000+.(For price of 3500+, what want the peoples more???)

With this CPU, you don' t really need to OC so,,,

I try to find a new Benchmark for memory and CPU,In Sandra SYS, everest and other, at each test no one CPU match,, all are behind me...

11. gopher04

gopher04 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 Classified
    Mike, how do you find the swiftech heatsink? did you have to buy the backplate for it, or did the mb come with a suitable one? and what temps are you running with 120mm fan? i tend to use thermaltake h/s/f's great for cooling, but they depend on high rpm's to cool, and as you know that means some sound from them, are the fans on the cards quite as well? also can you give some advice on memory, its not my best subject, is my present memory ok for the new setup? and i was looking at these to replace them with 'Corsair 1GB DDR2 XMS2-4300 TwinX Low Latency x512mb 3-3-3-8 there are pro version of these sticks, but the only difference i can see is they have led's in them, not really needed i think..

12. marscay

marscay Member

Here's a couple of pics of my 3200+/DFI SLI-D/XFX 6800GT SLI rig

Yeh i know ...a 3200+ ...waiting for FX-57 :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still on the stock bios, thinking about giving them the 1.4v to see if i can get them to 500 ....maybe :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  13. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thats nice m8! Love the watercooling. Looks wicked!

gopher04 - That HSF is wicked. Pleased with it, Idles at about 37 degrees which is nice in an SLI fx55 system. Oh, and no it didnt come with a backplate, but it fitted great into the one on the asus board. Didnt even have to take out the mobo to fit it. Just remove the existing bracket.

14. thor1182

thor1182 Active Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA NV 6800 GT
    DO any of you guys know some good places to buy FX53's without the fan and heatsink? I really haven't found a place that sells just the CPU.

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I dont think they make OEM FX's. The point of them is that they are enthusiast chips. Also, FX-53's are being discontinued, so they might be hard to find. therefore your options are FX-55's or 4000+. The 4000+ btw is identical to the FX-53 except for the locked multi.

16. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Look if you have time some article on net, new A64 is coming out:
    4200+ 4400+ and a new FX 57...at higher price for what i have
    read, so certainly some prices get down for the "oldest" Amd 64

Mike is in true, a 4000+ is identical of the FX53.

17. thor1182

thor1182 Active Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA NV 6800 GT
    I knew the 4000 was just the FX53 with the locked multiplier. The CPU is the next thing I am getting and with the setup I am going with, getting a cheaper one now and upgrade later is a bit unpractical.

18. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    I don' t understand what' s your setup? this CPU work all in 939
    socket and just the opteron is out of range for socket...
    if you run with a 53 FX it' s not bad and it's pehraps a good deal to compare with new FX and other where is really the différence in application
    Don't forget the FX séries is coming when "standard" 64 bit, so the 3000+ only was out, with a sérious ammount of L2 cache for FX 53-55 and différent speed, but AMD, like Intel, allways get out all CPU models looking like the higher level of them CPU many time after the UP and DOWN level of performance is out.... with stable OC... i burn the CPU score of
    a FX 55( standard mhz) in Sandra, but it' s only a choice of price at base and the needing and type of application you make work...for me i work too much at Enginer office...so my home PC is for play...

FX55is a good choice, it' s sure.... Hope you can find one

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  19. thor1182

thor1182 Active Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA NV 6800 GT
    the reference to my setup was that I am going with a water cooling set up. To attach the cooler it requires taking the mother board out and unscrewing the bracket from the board. With the plumbing in place this won't be a trivial task. I would like to keep it to one CPU instilation if I can.

20. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    I have needed to make that too, for install Zalmann,
    but with A8N SLI no problem, just have 2 screw to put-off, the
    backplate is not fixed to asus.
    For OEM CPU, i'm not sure but amd have now a rules for warranty
    working only with the cooler amd, so have they get out some CPU
    without coolers?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
Thread Status: