ThermalRight XP-90?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by EnemyOmen, Mar 2, 2005.

1. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    I got my CPU to 2.4ghz @ 1.65v but the temps run hot.
    (50-54C according to Speedfan)
    54 being max but i havent seen it hit that yet.
    Those temsp are LOAD under Prime 95.

Idle is nice at low at 37c :)

I was wondering how much of a difference i would see with a XP-90 (the 120 wont fit w/ my mobo). And what size Fan does the XP-90 Support?
    I have a 92mm Fan sittin on my old HS that isng being used anymore.

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce 6800GT, OCed
    That would be a good cooler for you; so would the Zalman CNPS7000 or 7700-AlCu.

That 92mm fan should fit perfectly.

BTW, the 7700 cools just as well as the XP-120, so you might want to see if it'll fit your MOBO. It also costs only $44...

Good luck!

3. nexusworks

nexusworks Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with arctic cooling fan
    Try the Artic cooling freezer for P4 or amd, is excellent in cool environment and it was able to push 3.2 to 3.8Ghz. Not to mention, its price was much chaper than my Thermalright XP-120 or a zalman. The advantage of Thermalright is only that you can select the type of fan you want to use with it.

Cheers! I am just back from holiday.

4. flybox2

flybox2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle nVidia 6800GT
    I have the XP-90. My idle CPU temp dropped by almost 10 degrees after I installed it, but I must say, it was a b*tch to install lol.
    The recommended fan is a 92mm, but it supports 80mm ones as well which is what I use.

Overall it's a good heatsink, and it's light, and although it's supposed to be easy to install, I found it difficult cause I had to bend the lil things on the side with the hooks so they would lock themselves to the mobo.

5. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    Thx Guys.

Zalman coolers are too heavy for my comphort.
    The Artic cooler will likely blow air onto my Vid card which is Bad as my CPU is used 100% all the time and I would have a fan directly above that one blowing air in the oppisite direction.

As for the XP-90, i need to get a metal back plate for my Mobo, but i think it might be worth it :)