Do you LAUGH when you come here?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Darkfalz, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Darkfalz

Darkfalz Guest

I used to get depressed when I came here about the sorry state of affairs with NVIDIA drivers.

Now I just LAUGH. The whole thing is just a comedy now.

NVIDIA have really reached new heights of "not giving a sh1t" when it comes to customer support. And I'm sure ATI are rubbing their grubby little hands together over the predicament.

I won't be buying NVIDIA ever, ever again.

2. Felix

Felix Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 280X
    I do laugh when I come here and see this post.

3. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    If i'd had bought a FX card i'd be bitter too.
    I did get a 6800, but i dont feel bitter most of the time. Only some of the time :D

4. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP
    I do laugh when Felix posted this comment. LOL :D

5. brightside

brightside Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 6800
    yeah i'm pretty bitter i bought the top of the line fx card at the time...
    i wonder if i can get nvidia for false advertising since it isn't dx 9 compliant in hl2.

6. Web junkie

Web junkie Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X850 XT + Catalyst 5.11
    If Nvidia didn't make so many bloody different cards and confuse everyone with specs and stuff, maybe people would not be so p*ssed off!

Guess they'll never make 'upgradeable' cards where you can just upgrade the mem or GPU, oh no, they just make you buy a whole new card just because it's core runs 20mhz faster than the last card they made :eek:

7. ken.l

ken.l Master Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek 4870
    I to feel very f**king pisted off with no offical drivers for 4 or 5 months now!!!!!

8. foxyred

foxyred Active Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800GT @ UT
    I've nothing to say................when will nVidia release their new official forceware ????? this 66.93 is not for GF6 series, it sucks !!!

9. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Yes if no new driver comes out i'm gonna get a x800xt.

10. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Why do you run some beta's or mods? They work fine for me.

Lex

(I enjoy laughing : )

11. Spuk0

Spuk0 Guest

GPU:
    P/C Vega 64 Devil
    Hmm... I laugh when I see alot of the topics posted in this forum. Sometimes I cry too...

Yes, I also think Nvidia should have a new official out by now. Hopefully it will be soon. I guess they figure with all these betas floating around that's enough to keep us satisfied.

For the most part I never had any critical problem with a particular driver except some of the 7x.xx series and my setup with no signal upon reboot. Anyhow I figured a way around that problem.

Overall I'm happy with the quality and performance of many of the drivers that seem to work just fine with most of my games. Granted it seems any game 2-4yrs. old will require to run on older hardware and or drivers lol, as soon as the latest games make as rush out to upgrade our current systems.

PC gaming is alot of headache and is expensive lol.

As far as unhappy FX owners... well I had bought a FX5900 128M for $199 back in 08/03 and used it until 01/05 as it was replaced by my 6800GT. The 5900 was worth every penny then. Its funny as in actual performance for my system the 6800GT performs basically at 2x the performance then my 5900. I actually expected a little better from my 6800GT but in actuality compare 8x1 to 16x1 and I went from 128M to 256M card and figure out the Vertexs is 3? vs 6 all my bench framerates pretty much double in my 1280 and 1600 resolutions. But get this... the price of my GT was about double too... $375 then I added the NV5 for about another $25 so making it about double in price.

Go figure at least now I can really game with all the IQ turned up.

I'm really wondering how much my card is going to suck using HDR features as they seem fairly slow now.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  12. Elemental HQ

Elemental HQ Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Nvidia BFG 6600GT OC 570/1.14 PCI-Express SLI
    i must say after going from ati to nvidia the nvidia drivers are much better..stable as can be..i do know for a fact though that XFX cards get horrible reviews

13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I laugh when I come here, and read this stupid thread, I'm sure nvidia will release a driver when they have better purevideo and SLI support, get the temp bug fixed, etc. But on a different note I have no need for a new driver just yet, as of right now the 67.03 official beta's still work just fine for me.

14. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    *runs off laughing*

This thread is teh funny

15. Roliath

Roliath Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 6970 crossfire
    i get happy and sad, I'm happy that i have a 6800GT to try all these new drivers with, but i'm sad since there are always so damn many beta's and no official drivers.

16. JOHN369

JOHN369 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800gt (golden sample 420-1100)
    I think Nvidia is just too busy with the Nforce+Intel thingy going on and believe me when i tell you this "drivers" is the last thing on their mind right now because just imagine all the new bank accounts opening once they release the Nforce chipset for Intel. Money always comes first for Nvidia.

I'am very satisfied with the 6800gt performance and all my games run very fast and smooth but will i purchase the next new big video card from Nvidia? hmm Not a chance, ATI in my opinion is more user friendly and do care about their customers alot more then Nvidia does. Just my humble opinion.

17. Rick James

Rick James Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 gt @ 425/1120
    It makes me VERY mad that I spent $220 for a card last year with no real support or good drivers and now this year I spent $400 with no real driver updates. This is bull, they obviously don't care about us. AMD and Intel don't have this problem, niether does Microsoft, Apple or Linux. Their stuff bascially works, they don't release their products for HUNDREDS of dollars and then worry later if their product actually works the way it's supposed to. What if Ford sold a car and then had to figure out if it actually worked months later? This is bull. I paid for the F***ing thing, it should work! What about the windows media 9 crap!!!! I PAID FOR IT! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

18. AdventChild

AdventChild New Member

-deleted-

*luffs*

19. Danyulland

Danyulland New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6800 GT Inno3D
    If you people would stop moaning.... Ati is no better then Nvidia...If you want cutting edge gaming then theres a price... The companys rush games out... so the manufacturers rush drivers out its as simple as that. The last official drivers work absolutely fine as well as all the BETA ones that have come out. Why the hell would you want new drivers!? So you can MAYBE get a 2fps increase on the video stress test.... If your having framerate problems then its no fault of Nvidias but your own. No drivers are going to increase your fps by a drastic amount 2-4 fps if your lucky.

If you bought a FX card then your just f*cking stupid im afraid. If you buy something, you do your research on it beforehand, they were said to be bad performers when they were released. You wouldnt just randomly walk into a shop and buy a TV and then moan that the picture is bad and it doesnt have a 100hz refresh rate would you? No! you do your research into the best one.

End note: Drivers don't do miracles, they help fix game bugs and optimize games to gain 2-4 fps sometimes, if your having FPS problems then its your problem, either you need a hardware upgrade (ram, motherboard, processor) or you need to maintain your system better.

20. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Stuff takes time guys. Just look at the tons of games and graphics programs they have to go through to make sure everything works. That's why so many betas have problems in some games, like HL2's infamous yellow water.

Ummm, does Chrystler ring any bells. They're always having recalls for probelms parts.

Don't turn to ATI either. They have even less drivers. When I had one of their cards, it was impossible to get a steight answer out of tech support. Every company is like that these days.