crazy flashing lime green patches

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by flatfrogger, Feb 26, 2005.

1. flatfrogger

flatfrogger Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I recently upgraded my computer to what it says in the specs list but im having problems with lime green flashing patches in various games such as HL2 and prince of persia: warrior within (came with the card). After trying batches of drivers from offical currently released ones to the most recent beta ones im still having this problem however it did get to the point once it was virtually gone (with 71.20's) however it started to appear in CS:S (which it didnt normally do) so i reinstalled the drivers and now its back with its full flashing even after reinstalling the 71.20's. I cant screenshot this because every screenshot i have the images appear as normal same with demo videos. After taking a look at a few other threads ive seen people have a similar problem with agp versions of the 6600gt but hardly any with a pci-e version. So i was wondering does anyone else have this problem or have heard of a method to reduce it/stop it, ive found it mainly occurs where water is about however when it started in CS:S the map was cs_compound at the CT spawn i tend to run games with v sync enabled and 2x AA however ive tried them with both of these disabled or increased but to no avail

2. TheGamer

TheGamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 @
    What are your card temps.???

3. flatfrogger

flatfrogger Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    according to winfox my gpu core temp is 46-48 however according to the nvidia driver properties its 55-56