Xtreme G 71.81 !!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by JoeySpicuzza, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Waylander

Waylander Guest

VDaishi ..

yup, I'm using nv3x quality...

2. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    you cant tag (no offense) with an offensive remark....

3. grunjee3

grunjee3 Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800GTX
    Bug report

First off, thanks for the generally awesome Xtreme G drivers... I've used several sets and they are by far the best drivers I've used for my card.

These ones though (71.81) are a no-go for me. I get display corruption on my Dell 2005fpw (20" widescreen LCD). I've verified it by installing these new drivers twice, and reverting back to other drivers, etc.

Basically the entire screen is 'shifted' about 80 pixels to the right, so that the screen wraps around if that makes any sense. So the last 80 pixels of the right side of the desktop are actually on the left half of the monitor. Also, I occasionally get an entire portion of the display, about 20% of the entire area, that simply gets 'no signal' and is completely blue.

At first I thought it was my monitor, but it is definitely the drivers. I've been through the display controls of the driver, as well as my monitor, and can't find anything that helps (I'm using DVI so there's not many controls I can adjust). And again, other drivers (XG 67.66) do not exhibit this behavior.

Damn I really want to use these drivers :(

If you have any ideas/suggestions, let me know. Thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  4. adrichardson

adrichardson Guest

grunjee3 - that's a known issue with the 71.81s, although it doesn't affect all widwscreen monitors - my LG is fine. Do you use a digital or analogue connection, and @ what res?

DeathEvil - as somebody who knows their way around rivatuner, Daishi gets far more from his drivers than you get with that. IMHO it's very hard to tell with most modded drivers that anything is different from the standard version, but the XtremeG's are an exception.

5. grunjee3

grunjee3 Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800GTX
    Thanks for the reply. I use the digital connection, and native res (1680x1050). So it's a known issue eh? Just my luck.

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Re: Bug report

Someone with the same problem had it fixed with the new drivers, the 75.90. It was mentioned in the drivers section, the 75.90 thread.

7. adrichardson

adrichardson Guest

Ah, I use a pikey 1280x768 res on analogue, so that's proably why I don't get the bug.

8. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    actualy we are currently working on that bug so hopefully we can get that fixed because i want to get that dell widescreen also.

9. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Hey VDaishi, have u tried the 75.90 set?

10. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    nope havent yet.

11. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    Using these drivers now. Still testing so can't give an opinion that way but I can give a fix for the temp bug. I believe it was posted somewhere in this thread before but I'll post it again for those who may have missed it. Just OC the 2d to 400 then apply. Then, just clock back to default and watch the temps drop back to normal. They stay at normal temps also, even after reboot. Pretty easy fix for what seems to be some reall nice drivers.

Good job on these (so far ;) )

12. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 470 GTX@800/1600/1700
    we all know that temp will go to normal level by overclocking core more than 400 but we all also want fix it in driver so there will be no necessary for oc the card.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Well, been using them since yesterday... any differences from the std 71.81 are very subtle to me. By contrast, the modded 67.66's were more dramatic when I first used them.

14. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3090ti
    Very strange i put these drivers in and i was getting screen lock ups change to the new 75.90 no screen lock ups (only locks up when in away form the machine STRANGE:eek:

15. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    by screen lock ups what do you mean be more specific...

16. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    well i am experiencing similar problems with all 7x.xx series.
    Sometimes when comp goes into sleep mode, it simply wont come out of sleep.
    I need to press restart.
    This dosent happen every time it goes into sleep, only sometimes this happens including XG 71.81. So i dont blame the modders. Happens with all 7x.xx for me.

17. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3090ti
    i cant click on anything only got the cursor moving wont open or click on anything need to restart had the latest drivers up and running for a day now now problems sorry Dan but your drivers are knackered for me this time

18. xgpu

xgpu Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 @ 900/1340
    whoa!!!

yeah these drivers certainly have done it, I've always been able to run HL2 at it's fullest splendor all things turned up while running a steady buttermilk framerate however, Doom III was tuff to run at 1280x1024/Ultra Quality for my PC (have always figured it to be driver related), with these settings I probably averaged 20FPS and now I've shot up to 30+FPS I've tweaked my system all I can on my end so I hope these drivers progress even more so.

I don't know why but I decided to install the NV4x Quality option even though my card is the very last of the NV3x generation cards. Not much difference between the two cards in GPU design other than extra pipelines, DDR3 memory etc...so I figured it no harm.

19. adrichardson

adrichardson Guest

It won't exactly harm your card - there's no danger to the hardware as it's essentially the same driver. However, the 4x version is optimised with all the features of a 4x card in mind, including sm3, where as the 3x version has the features of the 3x cards in mind. So all in all it'll work but you may take a performance hit.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Tip: after you install these drivers, go to Nv properties and the "Peformance and Quality" settings tab. Change it from quality to performance. I saw no degradation in quality after doing that and things run a lot smoother. I'm a lot more impressed with these drivers now. Thanks to daishi for another job well done.