Need Help, A64 3000 or 2800+

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by DevilsNight, Jan 24, 2005.

1. DevilsNight

DevilsNight Member

GPU:
    PNY Geforce 6800nu 16/6
    Hey, umm can you tell me why? like reasons, im not saying your wrong or anything. I just want to kno whats better about it. It is 20-29 bucks more

2. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GeForce 6600GT agp card
    better about what? DevilsNight what are you talking about ?

3. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    anyway guys I got the hD formated and all of my software installed on the system but I was looking threw the user's manual and it talks about some of the stuff in the bios like the load Fail-Safe defaults, and then load optimized Defaults am I suppose to load them or have they already been loaded from the manufactorer. thanks. so far the system runs great the processor doensn't even get warm or at leasr the fan and heat sink that I have on it don't get warm, but the fans are loud i mean it sounds like a monsoons coming or something when i have the computer on, i'm glad that the mobo came with surround sound conections on the board i might need it to hear my games over the fans running? any way thanks for any help you can offer me

4. DevilsNight

DevilsNight Member

GPU:
    PNY Geforce 6800nu 16/6
    you said i should go with a 3000+ instead of teh 2800+, so i was wondering what is better about it. oh and i got my water cooling!!! my XP does 2.5GHZ and its locked.

5. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    the 3000+ will just be a little bit faster than the 2800+ I think that's the only difference between the two, but somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

6. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    the 3000 will give you the 10X multi, which will get you higher oc's a little easier...most 2800+'s top out around 2.5GHz...the 3000+ will more than likely go 2.6GHz+...obviously, nothing's guaranteed but the 3000+ gives you a better chance...i am pretty happy with my 2800+ (got it for an even $100 shipped) but if i had the choice, the 3000+ would've been my choice.

7. DevilsNight

DevilsNight Member

GPU:
    PNY Geforce 6800nu 16/6
    well, hmmm im on a tight budget right now so ill just keep it with a 2800+, where did you order it for 100? everywhere i look they are around $115 OEM and $123 retail.

Thanks

8. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    i buy used on the forums mostly...got the chip and brand new mobo for $150...don't get me wrong, the 2800+ ain't a bad chip. i like mine but i would've liked to have the 10X multi, too...

9. ghostkilla17

ghostkilla17 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GX2
    i gotta 2800 the best cpu out for the money just upgrade yur video card and u can run all t he games at 60 fps or higher

10. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    guys i need a little help here do i have to load the fail safe settings or the optimized settings in the bios? or has one of them already been loaded into the bios from the factory? if so which one has been loaded? thanks.

11. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    set them manually...fail safe usually underclocks your cpu...

12. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    ok so how do i set them manually in the bios and which one's do I have to set and which one's do i disable? thanks for the help. I didn't know if I had to load them or not because i didn't have to do any of this with my other mobo so thanks alot for your help.

13. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

What mobo did ya get?
    Read the thread, but I guess I missed it. :confused:

On a new build, you should always load optimized defaults, save & exit, then you can change/tweak mem timings and such.

14. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    it's a abit kv8 pro mobo? thaks for the help I will load the optimized defaults then, since they nothing has been loaded from the factory has it?

15. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    how do i load the optimized defaults on my abit kv8 pro mobo do i just highlight it then hit enter and push Y for yes and then hit enter again or what ? thanks.

16. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    GO into the BIOS and you should see two selections. One if Load Fail Safe Options and the other is Load Optimizes Defaults. Just scroll up to it, hit enter and make sure you save and exit. THe PC will restart, maybe flicker a little but it should reset all the settings back to the factory default

17. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    ok I highlighted the load optimized defaults in the bios and hit enter then it asked me load optimized defaults yes or no so i typed y for yes and hit enter again but all that happened was the screen flickered but it didn't reboot. so did it load it or not?

18. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    Did you save and exit afterwards?

19. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    yes i did save and exit afterwards.

20. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru