NVIDIA programs running on background

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PellaeonSZ, Jan 26, 2005.

1. PellaeonSZ

PellaeonSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB RAM
    Hello,

I read here that it is recommended that you disable the NVIDIA driver service found on services.msc each time you update your detonator drivers. However, there are a few other programs that run on the background, and I'd like to know if they are safe to remove to improve performance. I have the following programs running on my background that look to be detonator software:

NvCpl

nwiz

NvMcTray

I always removed nwiz... but I have no clue what it's for. I also once removed all of the above, but one of them deleted my nview profiles, desktop/overlay colors etc and I don't want that. What are each of these programs for? And can I safely remove any of these without deleting my desktop/overlay colors?

2. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
    Every time i install nVidia drivers i disable NVIDIA driver service in services.msc and in Start/Run/msconfig/Start Up i untick NvCpl(nVidia Control Panel),NvMcTray(Taskbar icon for nVidia display settings) and nwiz and i have no problems when i do that although i don't use nview profiles, unticking them in 'msconfig doesn't disable them, it just stops them from running every time you boot into Windows.

3. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Keep NvCpl & disable nwiz & NvMcTray.

4. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    You can also disable the nvsvc32.exe which is the NVIDIA Driver Helper Service:).

5. Toxic Worrier

Toxic Worrier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    And if anyone notices one ....thats "1" tiny iddy bitty bit "O" difference with any of those 3 meeeslie little services disabled, Please Show some proof, and I'll PM you a virtual cookie :D

one thing,,The driver helper service keeps the refreshrate from buggin out in XP....the others are too miniscule to make a difference. I really doubt that they hinder performance at all.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  6. mezkal

mezkal Master Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle Geforce 6600 GT AGP 128MB
    I swear the MYTH FACTORY grows and grows...First Driver Cleaner and now Disabling Services between driver upgrades???

LOL

7. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    If you disable nwiz don't forget to enable it again before you uninstall an nVidia driver using Add/Remove. If you don't you can sit there for ages saying ok to "do you want to remove this file" LOL.
    Try it and see what I mean.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Actually driver cleaner helps.

9. targett

targett Master Guru

GPU:
    7800GTX 256mb
    processes take up memory, more spare memory make ure comp faster.

measurable. dont know. dont care.

targ