Just watched the Unreal 3 tech demo...double wow

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Joey, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    You can watch it here, takes an hour or so.
    http://www.edgefiles.com/file.x?id=/games-fusion.net/www/videos/unreal3engine_e3.zip
    My god someone else posted that link on the just saw an xbox 2...etc. This looks much better than the xbox 2 thing easyily. After watching it I when to read the Vampire the Masquerade game article and the screen shots looked like Quake 1 or Postal. When developers start pushing that engine next gen consoles are going to look old.

2. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    Yep, cool stuff...

3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, that engine looks awesome. Cant wait until we see some games using it, although I think we are talking another year really.

4. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Yeah, I think so too.

Even at the 6800 release party thing nvidia had, where they showed off the tech, the guys even said that a 6800 Ultra would only run it at slideshow-like framerates. At least another generation is gonna have to come out before they release that bad-boy of an engine, if thats true....

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I guess it was unoptomised. Its going to have to run on 6800's at a reasonable speed at least, so i guess they must be optimising it a fair bit!

6. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
  7. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    Check out these screens!

8. geforcebOY

geforcebOY Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7800 GTX @ 480/1300
    the 6800 Ultra ran it at 30 FPS cause at the lunch party thing they said thanks to the 6800 ultra they can now view it without it looking like a slide show.

9. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    30 fps??? then it really can bring the current gen vidcards to its knees. damn it´s very realistic but very SLOOOOOOW on current cards *thinks about the geforce 7 running it at 60-100 fps* well then the gf7 is going to rock with this game, remember when source came out people played the game at 40-50 fps then optimisations came out and then they started playing it at 100 fps. It´s all the same. optimisations equal more fps.

10. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Did it run on the 6800U without AA and AF though. I it's without that makes a lot of difference. My old faster of the old generation 9800pro can run any game at the moment at that speed without AA and AF. So .... wait a minute whats my point. I m guessing without then. The hardware to run it with all the bells and whistles is a year away at least. When is it out?

11. DaRk_fIbRE

DaRk_fIbRE Master Guru

GPU:
    None
    Yeah its looking good...

12. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    It simply ROCKS!!! (IMO some years ago the unreal engine 1 which powered utgoty simply was the most realistic and advanced. I even play it now. I like unreal engine 1 more than the v2. v2 simply lacks in some areas, where the v1 dont.

13. (TSC)Bender

(TSC)Bender Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 970 G1
    I still remember how amazing I thought Unreal 1's engine was way back when. Oh how times have changed. :) The second Unreal engine wasn't as huge of a leap, but this one has rekindled my excitement. It simply blows away the competition, graphics wise.

14. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Yeah, first getting Unreal 1 with my P2 333 and a 8mb voodoo2 - that was graphic goodness back in the day :p

15. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    For the longest time I was only able to plau Unreal using the old Graphics Blaster 4mb PCI card. It couldnt even handle Direct X OR OpenGL.

A few years later I got my Diamond Stealth 3 x540 Xtreme. Damn that was a kick ass card for its day. Too bad 7 months later it blew out on me...

16. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Those screens look nice! Sooo real... :eek:

17. JeedaiJoe

JeedaiJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 7800GS OC AGP
    damn that was an awesome video....

totally blows doom 3 hl2 and far cry away IMO

18. dzutrinh

dzutrinh Guest

that's really a big file man. it took me so loooong to download... :(

19. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    remember it´s dx9. This is the first game engine that makes such good use of the features of dx9. It´s alot better than source, farcry and doom3, so we can really start to talk about almost real graphics. unreal engine 3 is going to shows us things we never thought our rigs can do. Also look at it´s name, unreal that´s why it has got unrealistically super uber high quality graphics :)

20. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    In 2006 the Unreal 3 Engine won't use DirectX 9 but a new sort of DirectX that Microsoft is developing right now.