-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Grahxen, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @HisSvt2: What watercooling stuff do you got there? Thin tubes, 8mm?

2. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    those are the Kingwin artic cooler , there 1/4inch tubes but i run 1 on the P4 and one on my X800XT PE the cpu stays at 34c all the time at 4ghz and my vid card stayat 24c to 27c even oced , and it 's very quiet.

the kingwin kit cost 99 bucks i get them for a nice discount i work for tigerdirect.com.

3. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I have the same Kingwin WC cooler. I was gonna throw it out. They're kinda shoddy, they really skimped ot on the quality. Thin plastic casing, and it's realy light. almost too light.
    All 1/4" tubing, real tiny pump, and impossible to fill. You have to use this squeese bottle they packaged the coolant in to fill it. If you don't use that you have a very good chance of spilling coolant all over the place.
    The refill hole is litterally this big O.
    I will say that they are very quiet and affordable though. So quiet that I couldn't even tell it was working. So affordable that I didn't mind it not working well. In the end I just couldn't trust this product to be put in my rig. Cudos for you putting 2 in yours.

Oh and HisSvt2 how about some proof of those temps. I realy have a hard time believing 27 degrees on an OC'd card and 34 on an OC'd pescott @ 4 ghz. Exspecially using Kingwins. Seriously do you live outside, north of 60?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  4. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    if you use a medicine siringe to fill them it easy and i used non-conductive liquid in mine . heres the pics of that
    [​IMG]

i found that these are very easy to use and well made we sell a ton of them where i work i install them all the time as im a tech

heres my 3dmark05 if youd like to compare
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=513739

5. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I am doubting your hardware's calocks at all. Seen them 100 times. I am doubting your temps. Those are all idle temps. I doubt they are as good as you say under load. No offence. I just know this from expirience. How about a pic with just the temp monitors over some windowed apps like PCmark04, prime 95, and a game or 3dmark05.
    All that stuff there doesn't prove anything. Idle temps are pointless. My rig Idles at PC18-20c and Vcore 34. Load is different. It is at PC 27-30c and Vcore 39-40c.
    Sorry for sounding like I'm a prick, but I seriously doubt that you can get Better-than-air temps with that Kingwin under load. Exspecialy when your case temps are in the 50s when idle.

Being a technition means nothing. Alot of real shoddy thing are made by Technitions. Just because some is doesn't mean they can. Again no offence. I don't know you so I have nothing but these word in front of me to go by. As I said I have a Kingwin, if you can give me proof of the load temps, I may just keep it and put it in an other rig. I am asking for me. Not because I care about, or question your comp or your ability. Thanks for the info.

6. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    running seti the temps on the cpu go up maybe 8-10 degrees tops which aint bad for next to silent cooling i run the kingwins on low fan all the time if i set them to high the change in temp isnt as much maybe 6 ot 7 degrees under load, this system is on ALL the time it runs media center 2005 with dual tuners in it so it has to work all the time if it didnt i wouldnt run it that high! i just wish it ran as cool as my 64 does on air....

THAT isnt my case temp its the NB temp it only passive cooled and run that temp at 3.4 OR 4ghz im working on working in a block for that too!!!

7. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    [​IMG]

ANY more hoops i can jump though for ya..... 42c is still good for a 4GHZ P4 Prescott IMO.

8. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I re-edited my post above yours. I ask that you read it. Why don't you just use one of the other blocks for the NB. They both have 2 blocks so in theory you should have 2 spare blocks. If you want to go the other route then get a one of these http://www.frozencpu.com/koo-27.html. Or these http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-tub-26.html with any of chipset blocks on this page http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Wa...ipset::Video Water Blocks/mp=menu_search.html . I recomend the swiftech. I have it and temps have dropped considerably underload. From high 50c's to low 40c's.

9. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    i used 2 of them as well becuase if you run the 1 with your cpu and vid card they do not so good... all i was saying is
    not that there good cuz im a tech but that as a tech ive installed quite a few and they seem to work pretty well they are by no means the end all not even close. but my cost on them is 75 a piece!!!

10. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Hey, hey, calm. I wasn't tryin g to offend you. I was trying to get info. you're right 42c isn't bad. It isn't great and alot of people can get that with air, at no risk to water damage. I was only trying to see if what I knew about the Kingwin was right. It is. And it is not. It is a second rate WC system, but it is great for the price.
    Thank you for the answers and time. I realy do appreciate it.

PS. All and all it is a dam fine rig you have there. Not as nice as say mine :) but still a dam fine rig.

11. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    its all good man .. there is alot of bs floating around i know this .
    my NB mounts with hook clips once i find a way the mount that other vga block it be on there with the vid card cooler . gonna leave the cpu by itself. by the way that thermaltake on my 64 a page back or so does almost the same job but is just louder .

12. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    thats why i bought the non-conductive coolant no worries there.

13. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    If you want to mount the other block try plastic ties. I know a few people have done stuff like that with other components. It seemed to work for them. Also you can get adapters for hook mounting clamps . Cetain blocks that are not meant to be used for hook mounts (Asus mb) use these. I got a pair when I got the swiftech block. It came with some so I never used them. I think Damgerden sells them or Polarflo.

Have you thight about making a mount out of coat hanger? I think if you did it right it would be perfect.

Anyway sorry if I offended you, and thanks for the info.

14. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    no offense at all man . I'll have to try some of those ideas , the hoops thing just just some sarcasm my humor of choice most of the time. I never mind showing what a machine of mine can do . you gotta a nice rig there yourself from your 3dmark , too bad that vid card is the size of a aircraft carrier and requires nuclear power .... J.K:D

15. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    what's with the HUGE cases. I think something so big is kinda ugly.

16. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Because huge cases provide enough room for all the things I have. Small stuffed case = high case temps. Besides, I couldn't care less how it looks.

17. xFuSiOnx

xFuSiOnx Active Member

GPU:
    POWERCOLOR ATI 9800XT 128MB
    Well say u guys talking about temperatures so ye.
    Are my temps ok for air cooling ?

Specs:

• INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.2EGHz HT
    • GIGABYTE 3D ROCKET COOLER PRO
    • ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE
    • CORSAIR TWINX 1024MB XMS3200XL 2-2-2-5
    • POWERCOLOR 9800XT 128MB
    • ARCTIC VGA SILENCER
    • 36.7GB WD RAPTOR 10,000 RPM
    • 480W ANTEC TRUE BLUE PSU
    • THERMALTAKE LANFIRE
    • VANTEC SPECTRUM FAN CARD
    • PIONEER DVD+RW 107D
    • PIONEER DVD-ROM 120S

Idle Temps @ Stock

[​IMG]

Overclocked Temps @ 3.68GHz

Benchmark
    http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=352712344

[​IMG]

18. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    They're good. But it's the load temps that'll hurt you though.

19. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    John ur case is HUGE!!!! :D Beefy rig though. Congrats.

20. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Your aperture is set to 64mb?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.