asus x800 xt pci-e for £200.00 what u think?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by true gamer, Jan 22, 2005.

1. true gamer

true gamer Guest

Hi all a little advice what u think?

i have been offered a asus x800 xt pci-e for £200.00 its been used but is perfect working order.will it make loads of difference with the set up i have?is it worth the money?is £200 a good buy? what do u all think shall i shant i?

Thanks Adam.

2. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    Sounds like a good deal. Be a huge upgrade from the 6600. And then you can re-sell the old card too. I just paid $300 for a 6800 and the x800xt is much faster.

3. true gamer

true gamer Guest

i think im gonna get it m8t u think it will run ok on my comp? also do u need a certain psu? and how do i find out what watt my psu is to see if i can run it?

4. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Go for it ,snatch it,Excellent price.

5. true gamer

true gamer Guest

Damn i phoned up 2 get the card but some1 has bought it (im a t**t) should have snapped it up.he has now offered me another asus x800 xt but the pe version.hes gonna keep it for me til the end of the day.but ive heard u need certain specs to run this one more than the xt is this right?please tell me what u think as i dont want 2 get this one & it messes up my comp.my psu is 350w is that ok?

6. TV addict#2

TV addict#2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EvgaGtx680+HPLP-3065
    I recommend you get the x800xtpe it will be a good upgrade as the rest of your system is good too

7. moomin

moomin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    £200 is a steal for a asus x800 xt pci-e card....... jump on the chance right now!!!!!!! you wouldnt be a guru if you said no. :D

8. compgeek89

compgeek89 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    Same price? WOW! The PE is better!

9. OMG WTF R U WAITING FOR???? GET IT!!!

I would also recommend u upgrade ur PSU as well but the rest of ur system is more than enoguh to deal with it!!!

And he is giving u a X800 XT PE PCI-E for the same price as a X800 XT PCI-E???? Who is this guy???

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Go get that card m8!!! man, thats a great deal! And the PE's are damn hard to get hold of too!

11. hell... i nvr even saw a X800 XT PE in PCI-E.... only the new X850s.....

12. true gamer

true gamer Guest

The chap wanted more for the xtpe.i couldnt afford the £400.00 he wanted.he has sorted me a X800 xt sapphire model retail boxed for £200.00 (this time i said YES staight away no messing lol) should be getting it within a week.

13. true gamer

true gamer Guest

oh bloody hell help me pls guys.i have paid 4 the sapphire x800xt & just waiting on it but the chap has phoned me & offered me a nvidia geforce xfx 6800gt for the same money (£200.00) but not boxed no leads, card alone.what shall i do.these graphic cards are screwing my head.(shall i stick with the x800xt or go 4 the xfx 6800gt?0thanks in advance Adam.

14. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    I would say go for the X800XT. ;)

They only thing u will be missing is the Shader 3 :p

15. Mark

Mark Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    agree, the X800 XT is faster than the 6800GT

16. true gamer

true gamer Guest

oh yes just went a collected my new card.i went for the x800xt in the end (thanks for the advice guys) i have another question if u fancy helping me (yet again lol) my previous card was a nvidia how do i go about installing this new 800xt.do i just uninstall the old nvidia drivers then install ati's drivers or do i need to use a driver cleaner?ta Adam.

17. Pepperoni7

Pepperoni7 Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB +Thermalright V2
    Check your PM!