Best drivers for World of Warcraft? (6600 GT AGP)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Xeratule, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Xeratule

Xeratule Member

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600 GT 128mb
    71.20 - Gives me graphic corruption in my UI when I cast a spell.
    67.03 - They work well, but the performance isn't as good as they should be.
    66.93 - So far these drivers are giving me the best experience in World of Warcraft.

Anyone else getting similar results in WoW?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  2. David

David Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6700 XT
    Currently using the 67.65's. The 71.xx gave graphic corruption for me as well.

3. Covak

Covak New Member

I think you can get around the corrupted graphics problem (with the 7x.xx drivers) with an ALT-TAB once you're playing the game (just switch out then back in). Anything that causes a video restart (like toggling certain graphics options or changing resolution) seemed to do the trick too, ALT-TAB's just easiest :)

4. macross

macross New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7800 GT OC BFGTech
    I did that for a while (even going so far as to add "-windowed" to my shortcut for WoW so that I could just switch to fullscreen once I'm in the game), but every other time I switch WoW would crash. So I'm back to 66.93. :(

5. Xeratule

Xeratule Member

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600 GT 128mb
    What kind of performance difference were you getting between 66.93 and 67.65?

6. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    the 67.03's ran great for me, but I have moved to the 67.66's and they do seem to have improved IQ and are alot smoother then the 67.03's. I run with everything turned up to full in the game and at 1152x864 or whatever that goofy res is.