LCD Moniter And FPS

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Grayhawkz, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Grayhawkz

Grayhawkz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6600GT AGP
    I have a 2ghz processor 1gb of ram and a nvidia 6600GT AGP and im pulling 60 fps constant in source. The thing is i know i should be doing better. Someone said that it could be my moniter. I have a 17" LCD moniter at 60Hz and he said that it could slow down my fps ALOT. So i was wondering if that could be the problem.

2. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I wouldnt think that would be ur problem, normally that only happens if v-sync is on. 60fps source, hmm i'm not sure, i don't have source, what score do u get in 3dmark2001,03,05,etc. and other games, don't rely on just one prog.

But truth be told, hl2,etc is mainly cpu. Dosent push graphics very much.

3. Felix

Felix Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 280X
    You have VSYNC on. Turn it off.

4. Grayhawkz

Grayhawkz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6600GT AGP
    nope vsync is off and still the same

5. Grayhawkz

Grayhawkz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6600GT AGP
    What if its My agp bus. i have an agp 4x and some guys on my vent said that it wouldnt matter a whole lot. What do ya think?

6. Xeratule

Xeratule Member

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600 GT 128mb
    I think your 2.0ghz CPU is holding back your videocard. Try upgrading to 2.8-3.0.

7. Grayhawkz

Grayhawkz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6600GT AGP
    too bad that wont be possible to do since my mobo is so old.... i need a new comp but cant afford it grrrrrr........

8. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Make sure it's off in both the game and the nvidia control panel or set to application control ... if you haven't already.

9. oc-nighthawk

oc-nighthawk Active Member

GPU:
    GF6800GT/SoftQuadro FX 4000
    If you can't go past 2GHz .... does that mean you have a 400MHz FSB P4?! Thats your bottleneck. Way past time to upgrade, buy a mobo, processor and memory and recycle the rest of your system. You could consider going with AMD or Intel since your current platform is a total write off. I suggest you start saving some cash up for it.

10. Xeratule

Xeratule Member

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600 GT 128mb
    At this point, you should either upgrade to an Athlon 64 3200+ or wait until Intel releases their 64bit cpu. I know I own a P4 3.0E, but this upgrade was given to me, so I didn't have a choice.

Good luck :)

11. oc-nighthawk

oc-nighthawk Active Member

GPU:
    GF6800GT/SoftQuadro FX 4000
    You mean, wait until intel has released their single processor 64bit processor. the EM64 Xeon is already out. However it emulates some things so its not as good as x86-64.

12. Ben the Great

Ben the Great Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtech Winfast A400THD (Geforce6800NU @ 354/768)
    64 bit is not yet that important, there simply is no os available at the moment capable of running 64bit (xp64bit still sucks big time).
    You should still upgrade your cpu though.
    My advice: if you play a lot of games: go for amd; if you use your system mainly for other stuff: pick wichever brand you personally like best(not via though :p ).
    I would go for amd64 if I were to buy a new system right now, go for the 939pin-version if you go amd. If you go for intel, remember that ddr2 is still very much overpriced in comparison to ddr.
    Have fun selecting your new system! :)

13. Xeratule

Xeratule Member

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600 GT 128mb
    I would imagine that 64bit would be important by the end of this year, that is why I mentioned it. Yeah Athlon is the king right now when it comes to gaming.

14. Grayhawkz

Grayhawkz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6600GT AGP
    Yeah i think my CPU Is bottlenecking with the 333mhz fsb. Next comp i get will be an amd proccessor with at least 2ghz FSB

15. Skazz

Skazz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB
    But let's be honest here: You are getting 60fps in the most modern FPS shooters (i.e. CS and HL2). In anybody's book that is totally playable. Just enjoy the PC you have, and accept the upgrade need when you can no longer play new games...

16. Grayhawkz

Grayhawkz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6600GT AGP
    well the fact is that my computer doesnt run 60 fps constant.... more of a max...