RivaTuner 2.0 RC15.3 is on the way :)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Dec 20, 2004.

1. projectile

projectile Member

will give that a try, also I managed to get into the low level setting twice by chance. No idea how I do it....

2. Skazz

Skazz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB
    no... my card gets 16x1/6VP using the default cooling and default BIOS. I can also overclock to about 350/800 with default cooling and pipelines open. At 8x1 I could get at least 360 core speed before I started getting instability during testing. This is probably not cooling issue, just a power issue...

Apparently volt mods allow one to take most 6800LE cores towards 400 MHz core overclock, since the 6800LE comes at 1.1V core voltage by default as compared to the 6800 which comes with 1.2V providing power to the 12 pipelines. Of course, adding more power and more overclock is best done with the help of additional cooling, and you will get no assurances about card life expectancy here :)

3. geist

geist Guest

yep thats why im still using the default voltages ;)

4. projectile

projectile Member

err.... does the voltage applies to me, casue I unlocked all the pipelines, but I didn't mod the voltage.

5. geist

geist Guest

well, i modded my card from 8x1,4 to 12x1,6 but its not capable of booting in 16x1,6 config. seems like the card doesnt get enough V with the standard bios for all the "new" pipes. i might try to increase the bios voltage so the card may be stable in 16x1,6 but flashing a bios should be the last option for someone in order to push his card to the limits ;)

6. projectile

projectile Member

I just got a new issue, I flash back my old bios (12x1, 5vp). The 3DMark 2003 still super lag....

Coming to think of it, dun feel it hardware issue, maybe software level. But dunno where to look at now...

7. geist

geist Guest

u mentioned that u were able to get into low level system settings by chance. have u tried to uninstalling nvstrap?

8. Burnout

Burnout Guest

My Aopen 6800 LE (rev 1) has worked for months at 12x1,6vp @ 360/860, but after installing Rivatuner 15.3 it's not possible to open those pipes and pixelshaders anymore: in Windows and 3Dmark 2003/2005 I get weird yellow stripes. When I disable everything, they are gone. I reinstalled Rivatuner 15.2 but the same thing happen. Did I do something wrong or is it my card ?

9. geist

geist Guest

tried to unlock the pipes one after another? maybe one of them is damaged

10. projectile

projectile Member

I finally got the unlocking pipelines to work after removing and upgrading the drivers, I dun see any artifacts when I ran 3DMark2005 but but score went down from 7k to 5k.

11. projectile

projectile Member

I tried uninstalling the WHQL drivers and reinstall again, still having problem with 3DMark 2003. But when I tried to install the non-WHQL drivers 71.20

WHQL drivers that I tried 66.93 and 67.22. Both giving me problems with 3DM03.

12. geist

geist Guest

hm u got nothing better to do on new years day? :p

13. projectile

projectile Member

I better get this done, cause my 3D Studio Max depend on it.

14. geist

geist Guest

well .. try to turn your card into quadro. i dunno if thats work or how to do it, but quadro "mode" should be very helpful

15. projectile

projectile Member

I trying to get my Elsa unlock then mod to quadro, but quadro seem unlikely since I can't enter the NVstrap setting as it keep hanging.

I tried flashing to my old bios and use WHQL drivers, the 3DM03 still having same problem. Seems like the WHQL drivers has been damaged in my system files.

16. geist

geist Guest

try to uninstall them completely by using proper tools, take a look in the download area :)
    maybe it works, im slowly running out of ideas ;)

17. treed

treed Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560 TI 2GB
    Awesome but one issue. After I installed Rivatuner it gives me the "Rivatuner has generated errors and will be closed by windows" message when I try to run it. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it again and no luck. The wierd thing is if I install and run the 15.2 version it works fine but the driver isn't supported so I don't want to mess with it till I can get 15.3 working. Anyone know what my problem is? Also I have the 66.93 drivers.

18. janderson

janderson Guest

Gigabyte 6800 from 12x1, 5 to 16x1, 6.

Couldn't do it with riva15.2, but v15.3 worked perfectly.

No artifacts in 3dmark03, 05 or in halflife2, nfsu2 etc.

Thanks Unwinder, awesome hack :)

19. geist

geist Guest

tried re-downloading 15.3? maybe its broken

20. jimmyd

jimmyd Member

Sorry, newbie here. I have a X800XT and planning to convert to X3-256 (PCI Express). What do I have to do ?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005