Softmod doesn't stick?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by IceMole, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You cannot view it, it is the driver's internal information. But if you've overclocked _too_ far and stress-testing caused GPU hang, which is recovered by RobustChannels (NV's analogue of ATI VPU recover), you can see details in system event viewer if you'll enable RobustChannels event logging with RmLogonRC registry entry.

2. Scape

Scape Guest

right, because of that i write "if it works AND you have luck" :)

If the pipes are broken, theres nothing you can do. moddify the cards on this way is only luck!

3. solo_icomp

solo_icomp Member

GPU:
    CLUB3D 7800GS @ 490/1410
    hey. i have this new "unmodable" leadtek 6800NU A400 (nvstrap didnt stick). i have testet with that, and got the result:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ale pipelines and vertex has opened, no artifacts. after rebooting of coz it doesnt stick, but since i dont reboot everything is fine - i got 16 pipes/6 vertex, more spped and 3dmarks (like 20%) and more GPU temperature ; ) also it didnt block my overlocking - still 370/770.

I bought this card here: http://icomp.pl

I have question - didnt check it yet - if I unlock pipes , then save my bios to file, then reboot to dos, and flash with this modified bios will it keep the settings ? or should I just make autorun of this rivatuner.exe /parameters in shield mode (autokill info window after uncloking) and thats it ?

thx for info i hope I helped a bit. ANd.. yeah really good to have 16/6 all working :p

ps i would like to help with test new riva tuner nad unmodable 6800NU so my email is solo(at)icomp.pl . delete screens if not needed ant not unwanted here (sry).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  4. dOiDo_

dOiDo_ Guest

I think I was lucky.

The card in now 16x1 6Vp on.

Originally it was doing 3745 Marks in 3d mark 2005 and now it is doing 4192 marks without any problems.

It is still with the default core (350MHz) and memory speed (900 MHz).

The drivers used are the ones that I've downloaded on nVidea site (66.93).

When using RivaTuner it says that the program was not tested with this drivers.

Do you think this score could be improved with other drivers?

5. baroudan

baroudan Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 1950 XTX
    wow, i read all the thread and i ask you, what is more difficult: create riva or do the after work to answer all the.....questions(?) and without being paid, that's amazing. .....And give me my 16 pipes,and now, not in 3 weeks, and don't forget my 6th vertex, and what about volt, and , and , and what again???? oh yes , make plz a 600 bucks card with my 300 card, and let me be a beta, a beta .......Wow, really, you have all my respect for what you do, free.

6. ufokillerz

ufokillerz New Member

GPU:
    OEM 6800GTO 16,1,6vp
    i have 2 cards that show up as nv40's not nv41s, both have the same firmware, yet one can be unlocked, and the other cannot via rivatuner.

both cards are dell gto's with 256mb.

7. ufokillerz

ufokillerz New Member

GPU:
    OEM 6800GTO 16,1,6vp
    please keep us updated on this new version,

sucks to have 2 exact same cards with same firmwares, and 1 working and the other not.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  8. Unwinder

It won't stay. Pipes are locked by VGA BIOS on each reboot and then unlocked by NVStrap on OS loading stage. It doen't make any changes in BIOS.

9. Unwinder

One of them is new gen NV40 with slightly redesigned units masking logic. Reread the thread.

10. Unwinder

Surely answering is more difficult, programming is a joy and hobby, and techsupporting sometimes really drive me crazy. ;)

11. RBerk18

RBerk18 Guest

I was wondering if I could try the beta of Rivatuner 15.3? i would be glad to give you my thoughts on it. thanks.
    rberk18@swbell.net

-ryan

12. Unwinder

Guys, I've already picked required number of beta testers, furthermore all of them already reported success so beta testing of new driver is over. Thanks for your offers to help but there is no need to post your emails here anymore

13. casmino

casmino Guest

hi i got this ASUS Gamers edition @ stock and i used the parameter command and it worked! running smooth at 16p/6vc
    gained 1000 points in 3d mark '03 10876

gj unwinder ur the man;)

14. sl3000gt94

sl3000gt94 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 675/1566/1900
    How did you get that score in 3Dmark03
    I got a BFG 6800 16p 6v unlocked
    running at 385/810
    and i got 9150.

how did u get so high

15. Apexle

Apexle New Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX280 SLI
    Great job on the 6800NU's/LE's Im eagerly waiting the new release!
    BTW when do you think you'll release 15.3 for download?

16. StealthBomber

StealthBomber Member Guru

GPU:
    Fully modded X1950GT
    When it's ready, there is no rush, give the guy a break! ;)

17. casmino

casmino Guest

because ur pc is a little bit slow :)
    i got a pentium 4 2.8ghz but i think this card will run much better in a athlon 64 3500+

18. ufokillerz

ufokillerz New Member

GPU:
    OEM 6800GTO 16,1,6vp
    so there is a slightly redesigned unit that was not given the nv41 designation?

thanks.

19. sl3000gt94

sl3000gt94 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 675/1566/1900
    My buddy got a AMD 3200 XP, 1gig PC2700 and Soyo KT600 2.0 and he got the same thing on 3dmark03 9184 tiny bit higher he only has 12pipes and 6shaders though.
    I am odering my new AMD 64 3000 939 1gig PC3200 and MSI K8N Neo2 plat next week.
    So I hope I get a huge jump in # once I get that

20. Scape

Scape Guest

i dont think that the processor makes much difference in 3d mark if it higher then 2 ghz...its only grafik unit!
    but this is not part of this thread.

unwinder. i got my new 6800 le and write you soon a mail.