Prince of Persia - Warrior Within!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Saeid, Dec 2, 2004.

1. nvm. i gotta stop getting worked up over certain things...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2004
  2. nonprophets

nonprophets Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 6800 GT @ 410 core & 1010 Mem
    Cant we all get a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Stick and beat the **** out of each other with it?

3. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    Can we get back to the game?

I know this is the same Prince from SOT, but what about the Prince from the other POP Games? What ever happen to him?

4. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    I'll be buying this game on PS2 or Gamecube (isit out on GC?). Looks great from reviews and screens. I always love a game with a dark theme.

5. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    yeah, enough culture-history lessons...

6. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 OC Windforce
    You all need to play the original Prince of Persia for Game boy. You don't know Prince of Persia.

7. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

the demo played ok on my system, the graphics were just not tickling me the right way.

8. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    btw, is the original PoP free, can it be downloaded or you have to pay for it. I mean the old, first one. or where can it be found, if it's not too much to ask... I googled for a time and couldn't find it...

9. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    All games are free, well if u want to d/l them. Of course if you like the game u should buy it.

This is a pic from warrior within i took.

Its a very good game, darker then popsot, but movement is better and game looks sharper.

[​IMG]

10. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Well i had tried the demo on my old 5200 when the demo came out... and i had to run it at 800x600 inorder to get playable performance... but im sure i can crank up the res to the max and get amazing FPS! I get 80fps in HL2 with my beautiful 9800Pro! ;)

Btw, i take it Warrior Within uses the same engine as SoT, right? But i hope they fixed the camera glitchs from SoT, since there were times when the camera got stuck in certain places that wouldnt let u see what was going on... very rarely though! :)

P.s. What is in the Extra Features in the menu of Warrior Within?

11. dzutrinh

dzutrinh Guest

www.dosgamesarchive.com
    u could found alot of old time games :p

12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    thanks a lot. :cool:

13. dzutrinh

dzutrinh Guest

np :)

i finished the time bitch last night, tough girl :D:D:D. LOL
    must say, the combo attacks in pop2 is great. graphics still brilliant eventho the game taken place in a darkworld.

can't wait to face Dahaka.

14. ReBeL

ReBeL Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    damn it, spoilers. :mad:

15. dzutrinh

dzutrinh Guest

sorry :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2004

16. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Even the cell phone version is nice! ;) Better than the GBA!
    This is for the Symbian OS phones!

[​IMG]

17. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    I think of myself as ok at single player games like this but..

Just had Warrior Within and finding it REALLY hard.

Its fine against the normal baddies where you can use your array of moves etc but against the boss type charecters they just block the entire time and i find myself having to use my block and just getting a single slash in when i can.... hmmm am i missing something? how do i hit em more!!

It is real good game though (judging by the first couple of hours!)

Rich

18. IceCube

IceCube Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 4 Ti 4200 VIVO
    Well I finished the game on the xbox and here are my thoughts:

Audio: SofT had way better ambient music. The rock theme doesn't really suit this game very well altho some levels have some nice music inbetween fights. In general I found the voice of the prince from SofT better then the all American voice from WW but overall i think it was ok.

Graphics: Evrything looked amazing on my 27" tv and I'm gona play this game again on a 50" dlp soon so I'm sure I will get better quality.

Gameplay While the game does start out fairly slow in the beginning and the bosses seem quite tough (in the beginning; i played on medium) the game picks up the story quite fast after as an important boss fight ;). The "second" part of the game was a lot more enjoyable for me as some pretty cool plot twists happen. I especially enjoyed the Dahaka chaces. The new combat system is very nice but in the beginning I found myself button mashing still. Later in the game it's best u finish them off with some special move as that makes the enemy release sands of time.

Speaking of the sand powers: I found the ones in SofT to be more usefull. The power that I used most was slow time since u can kill the bad guys and finish them off wih a special move so that they release sand => u can keep doing that till every bad guy is dead. The power allowing u to move really fast and the "shock wave" sand power wheren't as usefull imho since u can not collect sands from the dead enemies (u kill them too fast) and they use up more sand tanks.

The last boss was especially anoying since, for me at least, I ALWAYS had to be in slow mo time. I mean 3-4 hits and u are dead (u can't even block properly since u at most will block 1-2 attacks after which u will get hit by a low, unblockable, attack).

Overall I would rate this game on par with SofT gameplay wise, but better in a way that it was longer and harder. And to those that think it's a bit tedious in the beginning just bear with it, trust me it get's better in the end...

19. IceCube

IceCube Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 4 Ti 4200 VIVO
    Also for most bosses in this game the key is to hit, then roll behind the boss as he does his attack and hit him from behind. If u get hit block as much as u can then move away and prepare another attack.

20. Netcore

Netcore Master Guru

GPU:
    His Excalibur Radeon x800 Pro Iceq II-- 550/570
    So i finished the game(on hard).It was great but i dont completely understand the ending.What did he mean by saying:What have i done?