nvstrap 1.7 freezed?!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Frettchen, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frettchen

Frettchen New Member

GPU:
    MSI4200ti
    @Unwinder: don't get mad about me mentioning this once again today, but right now I've to say that I'm also really sad because of some people being so damn annoying like laverdir

@laverdir: if you want the hardware mod then flash the bios!
    and in future be aware that many people are affected by your postings.
    As for me i really was waiting for this since months and now you destroyed every hope with your behaviour!!! And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who is thinkin this way - just to mention some: the people who tested and helped with it, all those who read the thread day after day and so on...

and of course Unwinder who did this great work and just gets annoying recommendations instead of appreciation...

So I'm sorry for the great work which has be done and for the people which would have profited by this!!!!

2. laverdir

laverdir Member

i'm sorry if i'm annoying..

flashing the bios is software mod, unless the changed state of eeprom you consider as hardware modification..

i'm sorry that you think that becouse of my postings a lot off people would suffer, i should loose right to write/speak..

how manny people tested 15.3, 3 or 4?? but every man counts and i appologize to anyone who thinks that way, more over, i'm sorry for them..

so, rt is taboo, no one have the right to ask or suggest something, we all hail to rt..

about the profit, i think that only the owners of nvidia have right to profit from work of their stuff - both for engineering the gpu and for writing the drivers..

but, i like modifications for discovering the real truth..

3. oc-nighthawk

oc-nighthawk Active Member

GPU:
    GF6800GT/SoftQuadro FX 4000
    laverdir, must work for nvidia the way hes talking now. Sorry, but if the feature is in the card I payed for and somebody wants to enable it for me then the company can eat me I'm using it.

4. laverdir

laverdir Member

but you haven't paid for that feature..

5. THE JEW (RaVeN)

THE JEW (RaVeN) Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT softmodded to Quadro
    Then I guess they shouldn't have given me the hardware to run it, now should they? I paid for a product and if through ingenuity (ie. Unwinder's amazing RT) I'm able to use my card to its full potential, why shouldn't I?

If you're just here to cause trouble, let me help you out with a recommended link:

http://forums.guru3d.com/member.php?s=&action=logout

EDIT:

On second thought, this will be my only response to you. You've got me the first time to respond to your trollish comments--no more.

My bottom line: you're just causing some juvenile shennanigans and looking to break up a community while Unwinder is an amazing coder who,essentially, started this commnunity unselfishly.

Quite frankly, I think we ought to show our appreciation to Unwinder. If Alec wants to set up a paypal account to give donations to (like he was talking about earlier), mine's here ready to go. Maybe we all did get too used to downloading an incredible product for free. I'm here to put my money where my mouth is.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  6. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    Wrong. I paid for the hardware to be in working order setup as specified on the packaging. They did as advertised. They simply failed to mention or provide a means to turn the rest of the features on. Thankfuly Unwinder has put blood sweat and tears into making RT and associated patches to give us control of our cards and the features available in them without messing with the actual bios or doing any physical changes.

What you're paying for when you buy the real quadro is to have the card setup as a quadro stock, better quality parts, and most importantly the knowledge that software companies will assist you if you have video related problems related to their software and your video card.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

My bad, guys. It was too emotional and unweighted decision from my side, trolls' comments definitively don't worth freezing the project and punishing normal users..

8. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    Well if you want to lay it on us and get something off your chest feel free. :D If you've had some stress full days feel free to have a daily rant. :D blow some steam off, take a break if you need it. Then come back when you're ready to do it. I don't want to be some sort of slave driver user forcing you to work all day like EA does to its people. :D

Its good to hear though that development will continue. Thanks.

Edit: I've been playing Men of valor (awsome game) and have seen some people doing screen shots with the frame rate. Do you happen to know how they did that? I searched google to see if it was some sort of cheat but didn't find anything. Would be great for a beta test screen shot.

Needless to say I just realized my second monitor was still displaying after I got done playing a level of mov. the frame rate didn't seem bothered at all about it though. :D

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  9. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    Unwinder ,Thank you, really.

10. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    I went into riva tuner and turned on enable overlays. Things like paint effects and paint skin weights work just as fast as the real quadro. Very nice. I remember trying to paint skin weights on my old GF4Ti4600 and laging seriously with this.

11. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

oi unwinder

you da man

don't quit this magnificent work and help you been doing just coz some jack ass gives you crap

as oc mentioned... we won't mind taking some of the heat if you feel stressed,

thats what forum buds are for isn it

you do a great favour to all by making RT,

by
    Friend of {HLH}
    and user of RT

12. laverdir

laverdir Member

unwinder, you are patethic..

you take everything so personal, but if that's the game you want to play, so be it..

why are you braging around here to other game playing wannabe 3d children about refusing the job at nvidia?? so taht they can tell you that 'ferrari they offer you' wasn't to red?? that they can call you coder (coder is the person who writes machine codes, i highly doubt that you use hex editor for your programming)?? so you cold be a hero in their eyes?? you are really short off self esteam..

i don't put people in drawers, but i think that reality is that you are just an average programmer and that they offer you a job just to shut you up.. and if you accepted the job then you couldn't be a 'hero' anymore, just an grey boring geeky technician.. or am i wrong and they offer you a job to be visionar in charge of their graphics development department??

keep stealing other peoples ideas and work, rt in reality is forgery tool which helps nv gaming cards to identify them selves as professional line of cards, and that is a crime!!
    with false id you have the ability to use drivers for cards that you aren't entitled to and that you havent paid for..
    what differientiate nvidia pro cards from the others are very well writen drivers, not the hardware - ati is good example.. when no one would pay for professional line driver development, the guys who do it would be laid off
    and what then?? people, start paying for what you are using, softweare have the same value as hardware..

i'm not saying that you are the criminal, users who choose to forege id are, but it apears that you are their leader..

keep up the good work and grow up..

ps. come on, throw me out of here, what are you waiting for??

13. laverdir

laverdir Member

since i'm still here, ihave forgot this:

i would stand as a expert witnes for nvidia's side in any rt trial..

as i would in any trial against nvidia marketing lies..

cheers to crowd who hate me..

14. laverdir

laverdir Member

and don't forget to close this thread after erasing my accoutnt here..

15. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    looks like somebody really wants to be banned...

laverdir, you will not be missed, especially since you managed to p1$$ off everyone else here and nearly got a long awaited project cancelled. So good riddance to you!

16. zakk5

zakk5 Guest

.. this seems to me as lavendirs little ridiculous private war against unwinder and all the members of this forum aka RT Users.
    his posts have nothing to do with freedom of speech and posting opinions or almost "helping" to develop rivatuner.

Now he is the one who freaked out ... NOT unwinder! lavendir you are the childish one ... so please keep cool or keep out.

i wonder why he behave like this...

.. maybe he just bought a real q 4000 and is pissed that he spend lots of money for almost "nothing"

... maybe he is working for nvidia and tries to annoy unwinder , (what he recently did ...)

... maybe he is working for nvidia and is pissed that unwinder declined the job at nvidia

... maybe HE wants to be "the real hero" and the "real programmer/ coder" but he might easily be too weak.

... maybe he had some worse sex the nights before ...

we will never know!

zakk5

thanks to unwinder for this work! it helps me a lot!!

17. laverdir

laverdir Member

hehehe, it's fun playing games with patethic litle rt users..

brainxp, i really want to be banned, that are the rules in this feudal monarchy.. unwinder is the king..

about long awaited project, why was it long awaited?? didn't rt served you well all the times, or something couldn't be figured out since gf 4x00 series??

zakk5, this isn't war, since unwinder have all the power here to close threads and other privileges that i don't have.. this are partisan attacks.. as the unwinder work is to nvidia..

keep on wondering, negative answers to all your questions, i have said my point manny times..

unwinder do the 'blitz krieg' here, censor and erase all..

18. StealthBomber

StealthBomber Member Guru

GPU:
    Fully modded X1950GT
    Nice try with the mind games, who the hell are you anyway?!!! :roll:

19. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

laverdir

Thanks a lot, you've solved my dilemma. Yesterday you make me feel insulted because I read your posting and didn't know whom am I talking to. And it was rather painful to read "you don't add it because you want to force us to use NVStrap"-styled comment from normal RT user.
    Now I feel nothing but fun and maybe even a pity, because I see that I’m talking either to extremely jealous or with simply stupid man. So please stop trolling, leave this forum now and come back when you'll grow up a bit. I _don_t_ want to ban you, so don't force me to do it.

20. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

hey laverdir, before you go, i'll get your ip address so i can track you down using it and save yur poor pc from an idiot such as yourself whos only goal in life is starting trouble to those willing to help us

and there will be no trial against Unwinder, because he is just doing the job that nvidia can't be bothered

making a tool showing all the little secret options

mate
    your a disgrace to any forum around

and i'll be glad to make sure to notify all the ones i frequent to ban your ip address and email account

your a waste of breath

Marty, please if your on, use your full moderator force on him

he won't be missed, and your probably one of the people who use RT

like i said laverdie,.. your a disgrace to any forum your a member of,.. i hope they soon realise that,

by
    Friend of {HLH}
    and user or RT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.