nvstrap 1.7 killed because of me..

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by laverdir, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laverdir

laverdir Member

since the tread was closed, i have started this one to reply to unwinder on his 'last word':

your behaviour is childish: blackmailing for not standing comments..

forums are for discussion, not to blame someone for their own problems.. but if you think that open discussion is an insult for you, and that an other point of view is cruel for you, then accept my apology..

i don't care about nvstrap and i don't want to get anything from you, but, nothing is impossible, it's just another challenge....

and the first rule for creating an application is to listen to their users about the way something should be implemented, you could face that problematic in any elementary informatic lecture.. apllications don't exist for them selves..

2. spf33

spf33 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
    well, since the thread was closed...
    here is a copy of the PM i just sent to Unwinder:

"Just saw on that thread that you have decided to freeze
    developement on NVStrap?

Because some jackass is giving you a hard time saying a bios mod would be better for SQ than RivaTuners NVStrap?

Like you said, i don't want to do a permanent bios mod. I want something more simple, elegant, risk-free, and trusted...NVStrap.

I love the fact that a program that i have used for years grows and changes with me and can
    always be counted on to speed up my workflow with new
    features.

I mean geeze, if i added up all the time that SQ has saved me over the years i'm sure it would add up to days or weeks of time saved!

For every annoyance like laverdir, there are 10 other people who are very grateful for your knowledge and hardwork on RivaTuner and NVStrap.

I could go on and on, but i won't....

Please reconsider your decision."

3. oc-nighthawk

oc-nighthawk Active Member

GPU:
    GF6800GT/SoftQuadro FX 4000
    unwinder I agree with spf33 about not wanting to flash the bios. Rivatuner and the patches you make are appreciated by the majority. Please don't give one dip**** nobody the power to insult you, you're better then him. Hold your head up high and ignore him because he only wants attention. 15.3beta seems stable and aside from one glitch its doing great in max maya xsi and lightwave. Games still work too. Its a very good piece of software. I hope you will reconsider.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  4. Quinower

Quinower Guest

Only I want to kill laverdir:mad:

I love RivaTuner and NVStrap
    I want NVStrap for 6800!!!!!

millon of thanks Unwinder!!!

sorry for my poor english

5. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950XT 512 @ FireGL 7350
    You just might have tick unwinder off at the wrong time... I am sure it is something bigger than what this one guy said...

But in truth, we have no say in what rivatuner should be because unwinder does it for fun not to impress the poeple on the forum.

Oh and BTW damn you laverdir. Well it looks to say bye bye to soft modding anything for a while. Maybe unwinder will take that job at Nvidia now :) Either way i wish you luck to what ever you do and i hope to see more great stuff coming from you in the future... I REALLY DO

6. Trollkarlen

Trollkarlen Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GT
    I have been a reader of this forum and this room especially for a long time. I have done Quadro modifications on my gfx-cards since GF2. Both hardware and with RivaTuner. For software like RT I would gladly crawl a thousend miles over broken glass. I can only hope that Unwinder will continue his work on RT. I also wish Unwinder good luck to whatever he decide to do.

7. laverdir

laverdir Member

first to reply on comments:

spf33 and oc-nighthawk, i didn't said that bios mod would be better solution, i said to implement both solutions and to give to the user the ability to choose which one would use.. and that by being me a jackass to giving sugestion for rt to become a complete tool for modification.. and i bet that you saved your money and time with modified geforces and pirated 3d software, but that's another story..

i could also go on and on, but for one thing i like the modification is for telling the truth.. we received all the false informations from marketing department of nvidia, eg. i still have old dead gf 2mx with heatsink taken off, there is tnt2 sign on it..

Quinower i see that you have no problems with difference of opinions.. just kill everyone who doesn't think like you..

Lord Banshee, at bad times you could see the real face of people.. i don't know unwinder and i also beleive that he is experiencing some problems/dilemas in his life, but that couldn't justify that reaction..

Trollkarlen, nice to see that kind of dedication to someone, you are true beliver..

anyhow, quadro modifications are back and everyone loves nvidia again.. i belive that profit from gaming cards is by a large magnitude higher then the profit from their professional line.. and the graphics score of recent cards in eg. maya tests is only ~5 times better then the score of original quadro.. noone comments that..

8. laverdir

laverdir Member

and then just delete my account for this forums, or, even better, like Quinower suggests, just kill me..

9. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    laverdir, I'll have you know my software is legit. Just because I don't want to flash the bios and give up the ease of reverting for any reason doesn't mean I pirate the software I use for my living. You can kiss my ass you smug son of a bitch. The very fact that I save thousands of dollars getting a GF and use the softmod Unwinder provides enables me to more readily pay for the professional software.

It's not that we love NVIDIA or hate them; it’s that the quadro driver gives more options to setup OpenGL. I don't want you banned but I wish you would have just kept to the bios flashers out there already and not rained on our softmod parade. You've ruined it for us all. That said I think you’re an idiot if you think anybody here waiting for the finished 15.3 with the updated nvstrap is going to like and respect you.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  10. laverdir

laverdir Member

oc-nighthawk, nice language.. and i bet that you have all the legit max maya xsi and lightwave.. total of minimum ~$20k licenses, without maintenences.. instead to convert ~20 gf to q you should focus on your work.. since all this is off topic, doesn't just one 3d package satisfy your needs??

don't undestand love/hate thing, quadro gives a lot more then just options to setup ogl..

softmod parade, is that like pride thing?? bios mod is also soft mod..

i'm sorry if i ruined the 'free lunch' for you, and i'm sorry if i'm a idiot, but this time you'll have to be inteligent one and write the 'softmod thingie' yourself.. and that wouldn't be a hard task for you, it's just a small time hack.. it's not that i'm asking you to write easy maintainable object orientated application or to write software which combines parallel evolutionary algorithms and parallel finite/boundary element method..

i wonder how much percentage of 'thousands savers' have ever think of unwinder and ask him if he needs anything
    or just to ask him how is he doing?? everybody just wait to pick the fruits of his work..

i don't expect any likes or respects and i should, on contrary to what you said, be banned..

11. spf33

spf33 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
    laverdir - i'm not sure why you are throwing around accustations of software piracy. Like oc-nighthawk i make a living off the software i purchase and can't afford to **** around and play legal and technical games with my software, 3ds Max in particular.

and for you to insinuate that i steal my software is incredibly insulting.

and you think there is something moraly or legally wrong with modding the hardware that i buy?

you're posts show a sincere lack of intelligence or thoughtfulness.

had you read that entire thead you would have seen AlecRyben ask the same bios patch question earlier.

he asked, Unwinder told him he didn't have plans to implement a bios patch, and that was it. there was no whinning, no begging, no telling anyone what their software should or shouldn't do.

um...just to nitpick...yes, in the same thread you did say that exact phrase;

but whatever...what is done is done.

now here's to hoping you shut your childish, selfish mouth and leave this forum, RT forum at least.

12. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    Well first off you assume all of my software packages are always the latest version.

Second, you assume every package I've tested is the actual commercial version. My XSI is the free version that is noncom. My houdini copy is also noncom. I use them so that I can put on my resume that I can use them. The idea is that all of the software is just a tool to get the job done so I learn as much of the software packages as I can. The lightwave I mentioned is just a time restricted demo because I wanted to cover the bases in the beta test. I know I'm such a evil person for using demos to test a beta patch. :rolleyes:

third, my license for Max and Maya are commercial. I have Maya Complete 6. That is considerably cheaper then the unlimited version and I am only licensed for one seat. I got it because in the world of freelance it comes up often as Max is. My Max license is orginaly from version 4 and a upgrade to 6. While it is a lot of money its no 20 grand. Plus considering that for 3 graphics card generations (of the generations I have purchased) I've easily saved 12 grand by sticking to the GF line.

You'd be amazed how much more business you get when you demonstrate that you can adapt and adjust to any corporate pipeline to get the job done right fast the first time.

fourth, frankly I don't care if I offend you. Your getting between me and my money. You upsetting Unwinder is the same to me as getting a huge hit in my budget or jumping through more risky hoops to get the same end result.

fifth, bios flash isn't exactly a softmod. To remove the nvstrap softmod all you have to do is uninstall the strap driver. The bios on the otherhand would need to reflashed. And if you screw up the bios flash you'll have to bust out a PCI graphics card (which I don't have) so that you can se what your doing as you try to reflash the card. Its too much of a pain in the butt. However thanks to you I might not have a choice now. In which case if anybody wants to trade a old PCI card for a AGP TNT2 Vanta 16MB let me know. :mad:

Now I'm done defending my good name from the likes of you.

Edit:

Well no crap :rolleyes: What you want me to sit here and preach to the choir about every benefit that the softquadro or bios flash gives the gf access to? Honestly ......:rolleyes:

Edit Edit: If you check the topic you ruined and in effect got closed you'll see that at first Unwinder wasn't even considering the softquadro for the FX 4000. Under that impression I said thanks for the softquadro4 and the pipes mod for the 6800 not expecting the FX 4000 bootstrap. So yeah no one here has ever told him thanks and given him a pat on the back. I even offered him $20USD paypal if he wanted it. $20 is not nearly enough for what its been worth but not all of us are how you describe us. I'd pay for RT if he decided to make money off of it. The fact of matter is though, that he did it for fun.

If Unwinder wants anything that I can do he need only ask. Thats more then I can say for you. While such low level coding is way over my head at the momement I do have a multithreaded directx9/OpenGL graphics engine with CG shaders that I have been working on for a while now. It's almost done and I've also been working on the 3d assets and making prototypes of the game concepts with Director and Anark studio. heres a early version of the prototype game design. http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ejackm20/FireFight.html

13. laverdir

laverdir Member

there was $10k for a feature for alias,$40k in total for 3d
    package + $15 for o2 when i started, today, the price is a
    bit lower..

so, i think that if you are making a living of cgi, why do you
    want to mess up with modifications?? after gf3 there was
    no real mod for gf..

moraly yes, legaly maybe..

sincere lack of intelligence or thoughtfulness doesnt lack sincerety..

i haven't seen earlier post, but that just proves my point that there would be more people interested in that feature..

i don't want to go back to that thread since it's closed and 'forbiden', could you tell me why he won't add that feature??

again' i'm not telling anybody what to do, i was just suggesting and asking questions.. that's what's forums
    are all about..

i wonder why didn't unwinder snap on AlecRyben??

nitpicking is funny bussines, you should reread my sentece over and over again until you get my point.. to help you to get there faster, take care at first part of sentece..

yes, what is done is done, do you think of it as bad??

i'm still waiting to be shut up, but no one bannes me..

14. spf33

spf33 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
    last lavedir post i will be bothered to reply to as it seems very similair to arguring with a wall.

you're a fricken troll.

stick to the bios mod thread or please go away.

15. laverdir

laverdir Member

again, Hilbert Hagedoorn or Unwinder, could you delete my account please, i don't want to be a part of forums that doesn't allow basic human right to speak up freely..

thanks in advance..

16. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    Yes I know it cost a lot more a while ago but things change. Do you even know how much Maya 6 Complete costs?

exactly why I don't want to flash the bios. A bootstrap is a lot easier to revert from. My GF4 4600 worked fine as a quazi quadro. It may not have had hardware accelerated wireframes but it still let me use the maxtreme driver and performed a lot better then it did as a gf.

Because he didn't sit there and presume to demand a feature in a charityware software package. I asked about added a voltage control to RT elsewhere and he shot that down too. You didn't see me sit there and question him on it further, I counted my blessings and moved on.

17. no_1_dave

no_1_dave Master Guru

GPU:
    This is all incredibly lame!

1) stopping work on something just because 1 person said a stupid comment. Come on? surely you're above that!

2) All this bitching is a waste of 5 mins I could have used doing something better!

Why not continue work on NV strap but make it so people need to pay? That'll stop people like **** **** over here moaning about it. He wont know what to moan about cos he wont be able to afford it. Sell it for $5 or something :rolleyes:

18. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    You haven't been moded or deleted in any shape or form. You have however managed to piss off a large portion of the community. If I where you'd I'd be running for cover too. So don't worry about having your account closed just run away with your tail between your legs and never come back. :behead:

no_1_dave, I second that. I'll gladly pay for it. [Unwinder] Let me know and I'll buy four or five copies just to give you closer to what its worth. :D

19. laverdir

laverdir Member

well, still here.. when will i be deleted and even better, censored??

spf33, you are arguing with a wall, but to understand my ideas you have to go inside the wall by just changing perspective..

oc-nighthawk, you have acoused me for stealing you money??

you are whining for few bucks here, how would you like to be in position of investors in nvidias professional line of cards??

world doesn't evolve around you guys..

again, i don't want to exsist in this hostile enviroment..

20. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    I never said you stole my money. I said you are getting between me and my money. Meaning your going to cost me money one way or another be it in time to mod the card through the bios which is lost time from work or free time or having to go buy another card after I screw up and the card dies. So yeah you've had more impact then to just anger a person.

Plus you have no room to get mad over me being mad at you for the cause and effects that you've set off after you accused me of stealing software worth a little more then my whole machine when it was brand new.

Then close the window and don't reenter the url again. I know its hard but you'll live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.