World War Z

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Didnt know this game supports Vulkan. After reading few benchmarks it does push more fps especially on amd cards but there is some crazy stuttering involved.
    Hope they fix that.

https://i.**********/43mcx81w/Untitled.png

2. ^ It does... the FPS in-game is very similar, but Vulkan has terrible lags, not even stutter, but 0.5s lags. Terrible implementation.

3. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Holy crap. RTX 2080 Ti only managing 115 FPS @1080p here? o______________________________o

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Vega64 faster than 1080ti with much less stutter.

5. Vulkan in WWZ is broken. DX11 performs great, no problems, smooth framerate.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    glad review techs diet is going well he announced 2 3 years ago? looks umm like he gained weight.

dunno why he shills but its not that he is moron he is purposely deceptive. which makes him scum.

8. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Yeah, I'm always down for a game with a good horde mode.

That's what I thought when I saw it - more L4D than WWZ from the look.

Anyone read the book? I thought it was fan-freakin-tastic (not a fan of the movie so much). In the book, this sort of combat was basically a death sentence; places that made stands like this went down hard (hence: not so much WWZ as L4D). Still - if it follows and portrays the book story better than the movie did (combat notwithstanding), I'm sold.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Kolt, cerebus23 and KissSh0t like this.
  10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I absolutely hate that Twitch/streamers are some sort of metric for game popularity. There are so many things wrong with that. Who even really watches streamers anyways? I kind of feel like it's mostly kids, so going by that metric alone might be a little twisted. I might be wrong there though.. I just don't know many adults who care about streamers at all.

Either way, I completely agree that Twitch is not a good metric to use. It's too exploitable and I doubt it represents gamers as a whole.. maybe just tweens haha

lucidus likes this.

11. Yakk

Yakk Guest

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Actually a fun game with a group of friends. Solo... probably not so much since there are NO private lobbies, idiotic on the developer's part not to have one. At one point we were a group of 3 with 1 PUG extra person which kept getting themselves killed cause we were playing at our own speed (slow) and they kept running ahead. Went through a lot of rage quits that way... group of 4 friends is a blast .

The optimization on that game is amazing, even a lowly 280x averages 60fps with maxed out graphics at 1080 and looks quite nice. 580 & Vega rigs breeze through it. Just have to cap framerates either ingame or in drivers to make stuttering go away if you have any. Looks like the PC version inherited the console optimizations for AMD hardware at any rate, also nicely multi-threaded on the CPU. Vulkan or DX11 was fine though had a couple crashes on Vulkan.

Biggest downside is the Epic game store and probably no mod workshop seals this game's fate as short lived. Too bad, it could've been a great game instead of just good. For group play I'm pleasantly surprised and having fun at any rate.

12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    From the article that @KissSh0t linked:

"It’s also worth noting that Saber Interactive paid some of Twitch’s top streamers to play WWZ on its second day to help keep these numbers from declining so fast. If not for the sponsored streams, WWZ’s viewership would likely have been even worse after its first day on Twitch."

Yeah, Epic shouldn't have boasted about Twitch viewership so early, seeing how it's a fickle crowd. Like the Twitch crowd or not, this was Epic's fault for linking themselves to it! XD

Kolt likes this.
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Was sceptical at first, got to say hunting Zombie has never been on my list of stuff i would like to do in life, but.. as it was free i gave it a shot and the game is very well made, runs very well and looks good.

Had a good time last night !