Windows version 1809

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMINOV, Jan 7, 2019.

1. AMINOV

AMINOV Member

GPU:
    amd radeon hd 8850m
    after upgrading to version 1809 2 weeks later after booting into windows, i found a prompt that there was a problem with the graphics driver, rebooted and i found an old driver installed with windows update from the dell website, the amd driver version was 18.12.2, so i tried reinstalling it but whatever i do the computer freezes when installing then ill have to go into safe mode to delete the driver, what's the problem? anyone facing these issues? and what are the solutions?

2. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
  3. AMINOV

AMINOV Member

GPU:
    amd radeon hd 8850m
    Yes i cleaned everything and tried again but still same problem, that's what i meant by saying booting into safe mode

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  4. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Did you try cleaning and replacing the driver without network connection (i.e. cable unplugged)? That would exclude Windows Updates being the issue here.
    Could also be Windows re-installing the built-in drivers, I'd remove them properly as well.

5. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I had an issue with 18.12.2 where it could not be installed clean( would freeze mid update, installing an earlier driver and then updating without uninstalling the earlier driver fixed the problem.

recommend you report this bug to amd

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    This sound eerie similiar to what I went through. Did either of your have the screen flicker more then twice while updating drivers?

Turns out Windows would force install old drivers while I was trying to install newer Radeon drivers. Never seen anything like that before. But it would appear to wait until I try to install drivers then over ride my install which caused the screen to flicker 5-7 times while installing what I thought was the driver I wanted to install.

Make sure you check the driver versions. I used Device Manager to find out.

7. AMINOV

AMINOV Member

GPU:
    amd radeon hd 8850m
    Oh i see ill try that then
    No the screen doesnt get to do the flickering and it freezes