Windows 11 update fixes a problem that caused the PC to take up to 40 minutes to boot.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Can't really compare an OS for Mac's and Chromebooks up against an OS for the larger variety of PC's...
    There is no way MS can test their OS up against all the different configurations people might have.
    As for the more critical bugs that are enterprise related, sure more testing could be done, but at the same time nor Apple nor Google has any alternatives spanning over so many enterprise related features either.
    Btw. didn't Apple release an update in recent times that screwed over older MacBooks?
    The closest option would be some of the more complex Linux distributions, but even there it is pretty hard to test thoroughly up against every possible combination before release.

2. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Windows 11 latest dev build, boot time here exactly 4 seconds

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  3. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Everyone here: Glad I'm not on Windows 11.
    Me who reads the actual patch change logs: Occurs on Windows 10 and Windows 11 only for Point of Sale terminals.
    • Addresses an issue in which certain Point of Sale terminals experience occasional OS startup delays during restart of up to 40 minutes.

4. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    It definitely seem a tad longer for me too. I did not time it but i would be surprised if mine is not longer since i upgraded. At time i'm like will it boot? Is it corrupted? Windows 10 was almost instant.