Which card is better?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by killerofwar, Apr 3, 2010.

?

Which is better?

1. Xfx

25 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Sapphire

23 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. I wanna see!

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. killerofwar

killerofwar Member

GPU:
    xfx 5850 Black edition
  2. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Whoa, tough question. Always been "For nVidia, XFX is a must" "For ATi, Sapphire is a must"

Now that XFX plays for both sides, i dunno. If their ATi cards live up to the expectations of their previous nVidia cards, they're good.

Now i have a Sapphire HD5770 (previous card, XFX 8600GT, served me well for 2 years), but i didn't used it too much, so i cant say.

3. killerofwar

killerofwar Member

GPU:
    xfx 5850 Black edition
    Well they are both good all with good reviews. But i want the most stable and good support just in case of a faulty card. I've gotten two faulty Graphic cards from gigabyte and found there support to be terrible and they can't do anything about it. There motherboards are great but i won't buy there graphic cards now

4. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    I'm not sure about xfx but I've owned 6 sapphire cards, not a single problem with any of them.
    this is my first powercolor and it's right up there with sapphire. (in case anybody ever considered one)

5. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Since both cards are reference based I'd get the XFX one due to their superior warranty and out-of-the-box overclock.

6. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    I would go with the XFX.. it's got XXX in the name so it must be good :D

7. killerofwar

killerofwar Member

GPU:
    xfx 5850 Black edition
    I also see the black edition. I know it's not that much faster but whats with the "Black edition membership" thing about? What does it do extra? and is it worth the extra $20?

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Haha so true ;)

9. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Mwa, XFX should have a very good service if I have to believe most other people. So I would go with XFX. Sapphire isn't bad either. Neither of the brands are 'wrong to buy'.

10. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    XFX cards are just awesome. Good support and quality. And XFX is an OC version, so I'd chose that.

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Just get what is cheaper, their both reference ATI design anyway. So exactly the same other than the sticker and what extras are in the box.

12. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not soo much. ATi provides the layout, but the components wont be the same. Im inclined to think that the XFX OCed 5850 has better components or chips (since it comes with default OC) than the Sapphire one.

13. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I'd go with XFX too... Sapphire would have been my choice if we were talking about the Vapor-X version though.

14. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    No they really are the same. They are assembled at the same place so the components are the same. The cards arrive already built and all XFX do is put a sticker on it Flash a XFX BIOS and put it in a nice XFX box.

The 2nd generation of cards are often customised but both those examples were original design.

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I would say xfx since they life time warrenty since I feel complete safe with a company that offers life time warrenty vs 2-3 year warrenty.

16. computeristic

computeristic New Member

GPU:
    XFX ATI 5850
    I'm also looking at these two cards and am interested in peoples experiences with the different brands.
    However i would like to point out that the website and killerofwar are Australian and XFX only offers a 2 year warranty in Australia, not lifetime.

17. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    As you say then :)

18. Synks

Synks Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTX 580
    Sapphire.

It is one of the First ATI Manufacturer, and it is the largest supplier of ATI-based video cards in the world.

XFX started the Manufacturing 2 years ago. I would go with sapphire or HIS.

19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    i have the Sapphire version and all i can say it's a great card, it OCs like hell and i had no problems with it so far.
    IMO i'd say go for the Sapphire version, although the XFX is great too, considering it's the XXX version:D

20. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    XFX does not offer 2 year warranty for most of US. They offer great double lifetime warranty in the USA. So for those in the USA go for XFX for the warranty since they are the same cards. But I notice someone in Australia also mention 2 years which is the same as Sapphire. In short words, depends on where you live is how you base your choice between both brands.