Whats the longest you have gone without taking a Shower ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by jack_rudolph, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Shower every day but never wash your jeans.

2. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    I simply cannot stay without having a shower twice daily but when i was in the navy and as i remember it rightly i did not shower for 2 weeks.

3. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    We in a tropical country have a habit of taking shower 2 times daily. Otherwise people will stand at least 2 meters from you lol.

For me the longest time without a shower because of being lazy is 2 days, and that was almost like a sin.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    in my 20's when i was out drinking all the time with the lads i probably went once or twice without a shower for over 7 days!

Nowadays i shower every single day after gym.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Something like 10 days, because there was no shower. There was a well though, and I could actually wash myself decently just not shower. Usually I shower daily or every second day...

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Maybe something like a week, it was dead cold so i was scared :D

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    On the very odd occasion when say the shower has broken or the water has went off, so a day, but on that very odd occasion, always have at least a shower in the morning and one at night.

Plus i dont like sleeping on the couch. ;)

8. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    1 week. Military exercise in the desert. 35c. It's amazing how far the scent of ball sweat can travel :/

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This thread is disgusting

10. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    As with most other soldiers here... a long time, haha. But generally we would all carry baby wipes for a field shower. Not the most efficient thing in the world but easily better than nothing... it's quite the morale booster too. Same with a clean pair of gitch after said field shower.

11. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Ye an easy month in Afghan. Being smelly wasn't an issue since you all get used to it and you really don't notice. And the important bits are dealt with, with baby wipes. The problem was clothing. No water to wash out the sweat and mud etc etc. Not nice pulling on crispy clothing with big white salty, gritty, sweat marks all over them. And socks were like crackers:p

Jungle deployments are similarly smelly. Crossing rivers and always being wet make you feel a little cleaner....but you're not. You stink. It's funny coz if you are in the trees for ages you can smell "clean" people before you see them. The smell of soap/aftershave/deodorant is mega pungeant when nobody is using it. You could smell the medics the minute they stepped off the helo:)

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    LOL, you remind me of this picture I took of my shirt in the army:

[​IMG]

I didn't know that it was possible to leave salt stains from sweat on a shirt before that.

The socks though are very dangerous when they get cracky, they usually rip and then let your feet suffer in very ingenious ways. One of the first things I learned was to always pack a waterproof (in a bottle) pair of socks minimum whenever I was planning to be in the field longer than a day. For longer deployments, it was a 3:1 socks-underwear arrangement. The socks you just need to change or you will regret it.

Never dealt with a jungle though...

P.S. - The clear areas are where the vest pads were.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Haha I'm not telling. :p

14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You know what's really fun, having flies attracted to your smell.

In a certain area, there are these flies that live in the sand and when you walk you kick them up into the air. They don't leave you alone for nothing, and there are frikkin trillions of them.

Here is a shot of them on me during a patrol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Put spiders in your pockets

16. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I went almost 2 full years without a shower when I was overseas in a less than privileged country. We had a tub and running water (no hot, cold only) so I bated regularly, but most of the natives only bathed on Saturday night. As you can imagine, a bus ride with 25-30 people crammed into a 15 seat minibuss was quite a lovely aroma. :thumbdown:

Here in the USA, I think the longest I ever went was about 8 days and that was due to a surgical procedure on my back...

17. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    1 week = Duke of Edinburgh Gold expedition

18. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    about 8 weeks men my shower borke an i could not get if fixed!! i did smell very bad in the end i had tro get a baby wipe to clean myself but it wasnt enough :/

19. the1nfection

the1nfection Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800
    Longest ive gone was 3 1/2ish months while homeless. It sucked pretty bad, but the first thing i did when i got access to water and fire was take a ragbath. Nothing says "i stink badly" like boiling water over a campfire so you can clean yourself with a dishcloth.