Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well not that it should have perf. speedups, but more smoothness. Well at least GF110 & GK104 users confirmed it, also in general. I can't tell for this game yet.

Btw, can you test with pagefile disabled?

let it use that 16gb ram, you're still at 32gb virtual. One user confirmed it eliminated low 5-10fps drops
    [​IMG]

2. InvaderJ

InvaderJ Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    Joined up just to share my experience – been waiting for this game a long time!

I initially installed it against NVIDIA 337.50 drivers. Had all the same experiences here –*sluggish performance all around, especially major slowdowns during driving through the city. It got to the point where I was going to settle on High textures (Ugh, I know, right?). I started planning (half-kidding) buying new graphics cards and everything.

However. Then I installed the 337.81 beta drivers thinking I'd eke out a few more FPS from the improved SLI profile. And hoooooolyyyy cow.

For me, the difference wasn't "about 10fps" as mentioned by another poster – it was more like 30. Yes, there are still some minor hitches occasionally, but overall the game is now running at a pretty-damn-smooth 60FPS.

If you're running NVIDIA kit, you need to try the 337.81 beta drivers. They turned the game from "grumble, I'll play this later when they update it or when i upgrade my gfx cards, bawww" to "dammit now I need to stay up all night and play." The difference between 337.50 and 337.81 is pretty shocking.

So my setup is:

- Win 7
    - i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz
    - 8GB RAM
    - 2x EVGA GTX 680 FTW (4GB per)
    - Gigabyte Z68X-UD7
    - Loading off SSD
    - Running at 1080p

Game settings are:

- Everything maxed. Including Water.
    - Vsync, 1 frame
    - 3 buffered frames
    - MSAA 2x
    - Via NVIDIA panel, AF 16x.

Here's the thing about AA – with the new drivers, I can run the game even with TXAA 4X, albeit at a 10-20 FPS cost. Could even it out to consistent 30FPS with some tinkering, however, I wonder what NVIDIA paid to have them pimp TXAA implementation in recent trailers. I like the softened effect in some specific areas but really, it makes the whole thing look way too blurry for my eyes and for 1080p. MSAA 2x keeps the framerate smooth as butter.

YMMV but damn, those new drivers. If you haven't tried them, do it!

3. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Well, I just figured out how to get sweetfx working with this game. You need to create a shortcut to the game on your desktop. After that, go into properties and click the compatibility tab. Next check the box with windows 7, and then make sure you check the box to run as admin. Apply and it should now work.

4. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Asscreed? Those are probably the only similarities. It feels more like an open world splinter cell to me.

5. Desprado

Desprado Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI SLI
    Will there be an Official driver optimization for Watch Dogs from Nvidia by today or tomorrow.

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Conducted a small experiment.

I popped in some old DDR3 1033 I had w/ my Mushkin 1600.. The Mushkin can run at the same timings, speed, and voltage (7-7-7 / 1066 @ 1.5) so I just took a hit in speed really. So now with 12GB of RAM I watched the size of my page file still go to 3.1GB from the initial 1.8.. Still stuttery.

Killed off the page file and tried again.. Much much smoother.. Even ultra was borderline playable.. High was a ton more playable than it ever was.. Still stutter even though I never hit my VRAM limits. But much better. There definitely seems to be room for optimization. One more day and we shall see. Now to remove this 1033 out of here.. ha ha

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Working on a PC performance review at the moment. The game is buggy alright.

The guys that already play the game, after playing for a while please let me know what settings you ended up using. This game is very difficult for a VGA perf review as it can really bog down FPS overall if you use eye candy.

BTW both AMD and NVIDIA WILL release an optimized driver tomorrow. We already have access to these and NO we can not distribute it just yet.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    4gb and over cards seem fine.

9. dhl4646

dhl4646 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 EVGA SC
    Hi New to this Forum and I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem with watch Dogs That My GPU Usage stays in the 50-60 so giving me around 20-30 fps and it also dips to around 20% sometimes and Was wondering if anyone Knew a way to fix it

And if Having Windows 7 affects this by any way if so should I go to 8.1 and also In game it uses my 8th Core alot up to 90% and keeps the rest at around 30-20 so I disable it every time to even out anyone know how to fix this also

10. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    You need a better cpu , try to OC it and see how it goes. Don't think 8320 is enough for 780 anyway, at least for this game atm.

Its pretty garbage on my end too, playable only with textures on medium, but they look real poo, i wanna play on ultra textures .. vram stays the same no matter the settings anyway....

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    can anyone explain to me why gta 5 is better than this game graphically, i mean the water, what the hell? no waves while driving boats..!!! gta 5 doesn't even have that much jaggies as in this game, clearly ditching the xbox 360 very soon...

12. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Drivers, .81 really helped a little with this game. Hope I gets better with the new ones!

My settings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Maybe its time for people to acknowledge just how good Rockstar make their games and really cant be compared to others.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    *yawn, wake me up when it's actually released.

16. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    And you think that tomorrow that will change?!
    Sure, sure....

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Say what you will about gameplay, but Rockstar now there stuff. Those headlights in gtaIV always blew me away, more so with enb.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I think it's gonna catch a lot of hate sure, for pushing the barrier one, and for being NVidia supported two.
    but life goes on.

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    GTA IV also had an insanely huge budget and only had to target 2 platforms and not 6. (PS3,PS4,360,XBO,PC,Wii U)

WD definitely suffered thanks to that. Being built to make sure the LCD can work. Sure is different than the original reveal builds on PC only.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    gta4 is incomparable to this I wouldn't even bother, any reason to poo poo something an it'll be used.
    gta5 is the comparison, will that one be better?
    though i'm no even thinking about that as I like immersion and not looking for the cracks.
    if gta5 was out tomorrow then sure, either or but it's not so WD 100%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.