Watch Dogs 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Jun 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    smells like a bot

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Aiden killed Watch_Dogs for me.
    I have no idea who the game actually is... as I couldn't stick with it. Aiden was a terrible character, unlikable, boring... and kind of a douche.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yeah clearly a bot based on the new posts, needs banning and posts deleting.

Sounds just like me then, no wonder I liked him ;)

4. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    The shelter in place restrictions in San Francisco can't keep me from roaming around the city wherever I want. In the game. Don't live there, I'm in San Diego, but wondered if anyone else has fired up this game again in reaction to the new restrictions in SF with the virus thing going on.

Sorry if it sounds dumb but we still like our games if for way different reasons. I can hang out in the Google (Noodle) park and all the downtown San Francisco sights virtually.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Not recently but I replayed the game late last year, still impressed by the detail and overall feel of the game world especially the reactivity much as the game allows for it with some repeats and random generated recurring situations though it was more as a refresher for Legion which from what I read is delayed a bit due to the poor show after Division 2 and Breakpoint.

Tone and feel of the game was all over though from incredibly dark to humorous or dark humor bouncing back and forth also affected by in which order players tackle some of the content but overall the mission variety isn't bad and it holds up against even the bigger titles like say GTA while adding some of it's own thing though it retains some of the Ubisoft collectibles even if it's not as prevalent though I guess we shall see how this GAAS transformation and service model will affect Legion when that's released.

Nice cast of characters too even the less pleasant ones like Lenny remain memorable and after some patches there's also more styles open for players by improving stealth and non-lethal approaches without Marcus and his hacker buddies looking all genocidal when you go for a lethal run ha ha.

Also a bit of the whole tone of the game again but part of gameplay and story segregation and players being given a choice and freedom to do a bit as they want which isn't usually a bad thing.
    (Can be a bit of a clash though when some game wants to be all urgent but still let players finish up side content and collectibles while impending doom just kinda waits around heh.)

Also not too sure how the game stacks up to the real San Francisco though other than Noodle = Google and other brand name changes and some tweaking I suppose it's fairly close even if it's not quite going for as much as a 1:1 as they can get away with like what Division 2 attempted for the recreation of part of Washington D.C but they probably do a very good job plus the general iconic landmarks and all that.

Holds up pretty well all in all I'd say though it has some shifts and changes from the first game so it is a bit more divisive, better hardware should also allow for pushing the settings a bit higher but last I tried the extended streaming distance still made the engine a bit overtaxed above 50% though that's still a lot of smaller stuff doing a number on overall performance while draw distance covers a respectable size of the visible area and overall city without also covering what little surrounding outdoor areas the game has. :D

For NVIDIA TXAA and I guess for AMD too the use of MSAA might be a bit demanding as well over more recent TAA alternatives but custom resolution support and downsampling could also be a way to handle those jaggies and other aliasing issues.
    (Still looking pretty fine overall for how the visuals and amount of details of the city and surrounding areas go I'd say, aged a bit of course but not too badly.)

EDIT: Eh that went a bit into tech at the end there, I think the only thing not really touched upon is driving which I'm terrible at in games so yeah it's not something I can say much about because it never goes well.

Seeing the sights and such is fun on it's own too, plenty to discover and the way the AI and some unique inhabitants do things can always lead to some new situations or Marcus causing some scene.
    (Tends to domino a bit though often going into some chaotic mess likely as intended by the devs.)

6. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    4x Msaa is a noticeably better graphics than 2x Msaa to me. But it gets kind of choppy of course. So most of the time I have to settle for the 2x. Also using a Chris Rubino reshade which I like a lot and it helps with far distance views and overall IQ imo.

That doesn't mean Rubino's reshades are good for me in all the games I play for which he has a reshade. But this one hit it right for me.

7. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Watch Dogs 2 , got it at Epic for free.

DannyD likes this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Cheers already have it on ubi but much better on epic!

HARDRESET likes this.
  9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    How? It still turns Uplay on. Why would anyone call having two launchers turn on for one game "better"?

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Indeed, didn't realise it needs a ubi login.

11. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Hi there.
    I got WD2 from Epic Games for free and wanted to play online, but EAC immediately throws a BSOD (easyanticheat.sys) with ... "paged fault in non paged area" ...
    If I disable EAC I can play the game, but no multiplayer.
    I am on Windows 2004 and even did a fresh install of Windows to rule out other stuff. Still after launching the game >> BSOD instantly!

Anyone else with the same problem?

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The newer Easy Anti Cheat versions have fixes for this along with I think BatlEye was also affected by this problem but the earlier ones since it's client side unless you can manually install the newest EAC driver and from there install Watch_Dogs 2's support for that game I don't know if there's any solution short of terminating EAC.

With luck the main .sys file is part of the main EAC installer and gets sent to the System32 folder meaning uninstalling EAC and installing the latest version retains game specific support but allows for a newer compatible system driver file fixing the issue.

EDIT: Windows 10 2018 - 2019 somewhere I think maybe earlier is where this broke or something in how these kernel drivers operated caused OS stability issues.

Tougher to fix for older no longer supported titles although I was almost certain Watch_Dogs 2 got a EAC update after normal support had ended to resolve this problem.
    Might have been Far Cry 5 though Ubisoft used this for a while in a number of titles.

EDIT: Kernel driver too so you want to also make sure nothing is trying to do dumb stuff to it with other kernel level drivers, user mode and that's a software crash kernel and you get a BSOD.

Deeper level monitoring utilities as one case and some anti virus software for another.
    Nothing really has to happen on it's own with these software it's when one of these pokes into EAC that everything goes wrong.

386SX likes this.
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    threads merged, please use search.

386SX likes this.
  14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no.

check autoruns.exe for suspicious drivers loaded.