Vehicles of Guru3D thread #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Glidefan, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    yea.... even if that is a V8.... not a fan. Just generally don't like that whole "supercar" sound in the high RPM's.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The GT sounds pretty orgasmic, imo. But I have to say, my favorite engine sound period is from the Lexus LF-A. That 9500K RPM is just wonderful to hear.

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    i like it all tbh. =D

5. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea. Don't think it's humanly possible to hate on a car which places a decent sized subwoofer basically 1' from your ear, in hopes to try to drown out the sound of the supercharged 5.4L V8 that's about 1.5' from your ear. Seriously freakin sweet car... and if you ever get the chance to sit in one, take it. You won't regret it one bit. Just.... be careful of the door. haha. Surprised i actually fit in the car. Even more surprising was that it was just some random guy i parked 2-3 spaces away from at Wegmans in my Smart ForTwo, and told him "Nice car". He then said "Thanks. Wanna sit in it?"...... how could i possibly resist? :p

Amazing what that supercharger can do, too. slightly smaller V8 than what's in the Trans-Am.... yet...

Trans-Am: 320HP @ 5,200RPM - 345 pound/feet @ 4,400 RPM
    Ford GT : 550HP @ 6,500 RPM - 500 pound/feet @ 3,750 RPM

.... and i thought the TA was pretty good at plastering you to the seat for a bone-stock, street-legal car....

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  6. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I was interested in what people thought, since it was an actual race car, and is significantly quicker than my car on a short course. Pretty much all-go no-show. But it's also the kind of car that gets picked on by people not-in-the-know.

A lot of people get caught up picking on 'fart cans' thinking that owners are 'stupid ricers', but the mods are in fact actually used and the owners didn't care one bit about showing off an exhaust.

-scheherazade

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I haven't sat in one, but there's someone around here who owns a purple/white stripe one, obviously custom done. It's like a midnight purple as well, looked legit.

And the thing I like about the Ford GT is that the engine is just lifted from the SVT Lightning and slightly modified. I told someone that once and they refused to believe me for whatever reason.

8. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
  9. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Exactly, people see a big muffler opening and decide to rag on it without even knowing how an exhaust system works. It's the size and length of the primaries and secondaries up to the collector that matters most, after that point the rest of the exhaust piping is better off being large bore to remove as much restriction as possible.

Ideally, the primaries and secondaries will be tuned to the cam(s) as it's all about the lift and duration of the exhaust valve and the pulse effect it creates.

And as for best engine sounds evah... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcyWIhWgXk0&feature=player_detailpage#t=41s

10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea... but i don't think any cars i've seen around where i live have done anything but slap a fatty exhaust on it and call it a day. I've even seen a red Mazda Miata driving around with a short "fart can" muffler sticking out under the middle of the bumper, pointing down towards the ground. It literally looks like the car is taking a shiny sh*t. People generally don't go through the effort of doing stuff to their cars that would really make a large muffler do anything beneficial to the car.... aside from any possible slight bump in HP a more free-flowing muffler might create.

Then there's the other crowd of people.... those that do exterior mods to a vehicle.... that in no way, shape, or form suit the design of the vehicle. Like this one i had to laugh at when i saw it....

[​IMG]

And that's not even the worst that i've seen.

11. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    @Morbias, My god that sounds almost as good as a S20. Looooove 3.1's.
    I know a guy who can help me build a 3.2 low comp turbo block... if I had the cash.

I love the NA Z sound, I almost wish I could get an S30 just for that. but I've already committed to the turbo car.

Unfortunately I blew a head gasket last saturday after chasing some celicas down a backroad. They couldn't shake me.

I'm 1.9 meters tall and I can fit in one just fine, as a commuter car they aren't bad at all. depends on your needs I guess.

@ElementalDragon, I live in OAKLAND, you can't even imagine the bad levels of the donks I've seen.

12. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah no, I've no doubt I'd actually fit in one (I'm not big), but it's impractical as I can't see how I'm gonna get my skis, camping gear etc. in that small thing. My next car will probably be a station wagon as I need plenty of space. If I could afford 2 cars I'd definitely consider one though.

13. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    @John, Oh, yes, definitely get a wagon!

I usually only think of cars for purpose of driving, I have little need for practicality currently so Its usually not something I'm considering. :p

My brother has a subaru wagon, they're quite nice and lots of room inside. Not to mention they handle great on snow even with all season tires.

14. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Subaru Legacy it is.

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Myeaaah I dunno. I'm kind of leaning towards a beemer myself, but we'll see when that time comes. Though some sort of 4 wheel drive would be very handy up here, although I've not once gotten stuck with my FWD Accord. Driving often requires a lot of thinking ahead, though, haha.

16. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    I bet - surely BMW is going to be more inclined to get stuck?

Nothing like a turbo wagon tho :D

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Not necessarily, but my next car will either be 4WD or RWD, I think. A car with lots of power on the front wheels is almost useless half the year here. RWD or 4WD is a lot more fun during that part of the year...

18. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    I was at a car show last weekend ... some pics from a forum member over at ratsun.

Needs drop in the back(Impossible currently due to stock drive tunnel) but I love the front fitment.

[​IMG]

19. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    something like Jon Olsson's R8 Razor? :D

[​IMG]

20. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
Thread Status: