Ud & F@h?

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by General Lee, Oct 29, 2004.

1. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    Howdy y'all. I am always running Folding@Home, and since Guru3D doesn't have a F@H team, I got to thinking about whether it would work ok if I were to run both UD an F@H on the same machine...AMD that is. I know that both these programs are very similar in that they use whatever CPU cycles you aren't using, but what would be the outcome of both of them doing so? I have looked for info over at Grid.org, yet I couldn't find the information I was looking for. Maybe I missed it, I don't know, but could anyone tell me what I could expect by running both on the same AMD system? If one needed priority over the other, I know I could run F@H at a lower percentage of CPU cycles, but would this be feasible? Let me know, thanks.

2. KFleshman

KFleshman Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Enter the extra late reply... :D

If both are set to run at the same priority, then each should use 50% of the CPU. Also, if you set one to higher priority than the other, then I think that only one will do anything, although I'm not positive on that.

3. Golden Dragoon

Golden Dragoon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Something that makes funny whining noises
    yup, this is another very late reply :p
    I have just tried it out, setting one to a higher priority stops the other in its tracks the other will generaly get 1-2% CPU time the other higher priority will get the rest.