TRI Fire 5870/eyefinity PROJECT/benches!!! post yours.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Bodar, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    let me know when those 5800s come in! Yeah I have a bit of love for gino, he is a great guy with plenty of experience to share and he'll talk your ear off lol. He would actually call up shamano from vrzone to get volt mod info.

2. csaris

csaris Member

GPU:
    5870 TriFire
    Bodar

Hey there Bodar, I have a question for you.

I use 2x5870 with eyefinity setup (3x23'') but I have LOTs of stuttering with cf enabled (9.12 hotfix). When I disable cf everything run great. But when I enable cf although I gain 20+fps or more (according to fraps) I get lots of stuttering!!! Also vsync doesn't seem to help at all.

Did you experience anything like this???

Thanks
    Chris.

3. airblazer

airblazer Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire 2x 5870 1GB
    I'm back...dumping my GTX295 and going back to the red corner with 2x5870s :)
    And just in time too :) I see ATI finally split the profiles from the driver suite..about bloody time :)
    OK..so quick question....
    My monitor supports HDMI, Displayport as well as VGA and DVI..
    What are most people using with these setups and which gives the best quality?
    Monitor is a Dell 2804WFP btw

4. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Try the new 10.2 cat drivers for eyefinity.. I hear they work great. Hopefully it will stop your stutter..

If you have three monitors, one must be displayport and the other two either hdmi or dvi..
    I use 1 displayport and two dvi connections.. looks awesome and works perfect! :)

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Maybe dumbest question ever: Will Eyefinity work on a single card? I'm thinking of 3x 23inch screens, i've already got one, mine was very cheap, I mostly play WoW and Modern Warfare 2, DiRT 2 and Bad Company 2 when it comes out.

6. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Yeah.. Until recently the only way to use eyefinity was with one card.. 23" x3 sounds fun!
    It will run all those games.

7. csaris

csaris Member

GPU:
    5870 TriFire
    Works fine with pretty nice performance!

MW2 & DIRT2 (DX9) run constant at 55-60fps!

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Okey thanks for the quick reply!, will the black stripes be annoying? i hope i'll get used too it. should the middle screen be onfront and the other 2 behind the middle so u won't see big stripes?

9. dmanna80

dmanna80 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    I have 2 xfx 5870's and a 3 monitor eyefinity set up.. I would just to say when eyefinity is working correctly its ****** awesome!

First off if you are going to go the active display port route because you want the same brand lcd's etc.. etc.. I would just buy a monitor with a display port... I was really focusing on keeping all my monitors the same and I have the dreaded blinking on the active adapter... I finally was able to figure out how to make my usb flashdrive bootable and with some flashing tools I am going to flash the bios later and hopefully the blinking will stop.. Another thing is when I am in crossfire/eyefinity mode I get lots of screen tearing/stuttering/white lines and minor artifacting. When I am just in single screen crossfire mode everything seems to be fine.. (running crysis at 60 fps on enthusiast is pretty sweet) Catalyst 10.2 hasnt fixed any of my issues yet, d3doverrider isnt fixing my screen tearing when running in multiple monitors.

10. csaris

csaris Member

GPU:
    5870 TriFire
    Have the same issue with crossfire + eyefinity. Non smooth gaming at all.

In farcry2 I get 70fps with crossifire + eyefinity but lots of stuttering. In single display runs like charm.

11. Surfa

Surfa Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi Sapphire HD5870
    Don't the bezels from the monitors annoy you? Especially in the middle, where there are 2 bezels on each side of the middle monitor.

I want to do Eyefinity badly but that's holding me back, I'm waiting for Samsung to release the "Ultra-Thin Bezel" 24" monitor they've been hyping up.

12. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    You can just remove the bezels! A friend of mine did that with a Samsung Syncmaster. works fine!

13. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    check out the new vid on youtube with the updated bezel management i think it makes a big difference as the resolution is increased and the image travels (virtually) behind the bezzel so no stepping/compression effect looks natural.

also with eyefinity you still look in the center screen (so a 24" and prefereably 26-27") screen is recommended. the other two are for peripheral vision and the occasional glance. there are some monitors with thin bezels already but as mentioned it is possible to strip a bezel on a cheap large monitor and get the same size as a small bezeled expensive monitor

go for it you wont regret im sure :)

14. lowdog

lowdog Guest

GPU:
    2 x 6990 quad cfx
    Back on track as per thread title.

Tri-fire and eyefinity, 5970+5870 and eyefinity is a joke, cfx tri-fi is utterly broken and fps are like a slide show, looks like NO ONE has tri-fi working with eyefinity and I'm wondering if it will ever be fixed???

Single 5970 works okay with eyefinity but once the 5970 is coupled with the 5870 the eyefinity isn't even a viable option anymore.........pathetic imo, I'm just not impressed considering how much ATI has hyped eyefinity and how long they have now had to get cfx working with an eyefinity set up.:3eyes:

15. Quincunx

Quincunx Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD5870
    Damn, I'm drooling over everyones setups! Obviously Bodar's but the number of people that are cracking out the dough for dual 5870's blows my mind! ^_^

I have a single ASUS 5870 ATM. Rocking an Arctic Cooling Accelero Pro and a Thermalright VRM-3 with an 80mm Arctic Cooling fan on it. I've been doing a bit of OC testing with afterburner but have been failing so far. Mostly blanking the screen or turning it into black and grey bars. Once, the driver recovered itself. I think I need to double check the Accelero and make sure I'm getting good contact. I tried bumping up my voltage to 1.2 and running the core at 1000. No go, the gpu is idling at 30-31F, but jumps to 70-80 under load! I'm assuming I must be having some kind of contact issues with the HS to be hitting temps that high, even with the small voltage boost.

I wanted to ask, what drivers are folks using? I'm currently running 10.1 Cats with the hotfix installed. Does anyone use custom drivers or bios firmware? I have an ASUS card to begin with so I don't have to worry about BIOS for unlocking core/mem max.
    (update: right, after a little more paying attention I've noticed that 10.2's have been out for a week.)

I'd love to do eyefinity eventually. I'll probably drop my 24" and go for three 22's or 23's. I should probably go i7 first, though by that time 6 core CPU's will probably be coming from AMD and Intel. ^_^

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010

16. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    It must be the contact issue man. One of my cards did the same thing.. Just make sure that sucker is good and tight...

17. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Here are the last ATI pics! I cleaned the hell out of my rig!! :) Awaiting THE GTX 480'ZZZ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Bodar, nice hardware bro but that table with all the lights and stuff looks too colorful for my taste.

I hope you have fun with Fermi :nerd:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  19. rogue71

rogue71 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5870 / 3x U2410
  20. lolstring909

lolstring909 New Member

GPU:
    Assus HD5770
    Has anyone tried using a peltier device for cooling?
    I tried cooling below subzero but condensation became a problem so i disconnected so that it doesnt fry my board or my 5770. any suggestions to over come the condesation problem?