Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I care about fun and gameplay, BUT when they release some gameplay (E3)
    and the graphics are WOW , and then suddenly wow look at that console graphics..

f*** them.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Gameplay is all I care about.

Probably why I haven't said much in this thread. Everyone seems devoted to ripping on it's visuals or debating an visual "downgrade" with no talk of how the game actually plays.

3. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Well they did sell it as a next generation effects in terms of graphics. They focused on that and very little on gameplay. When you do that and then downgrade the graphics it's normal to have people bash your product. And let's be hones how awesome and revolutionary can the gameplay be? They really didn't innovate anything, Ubi hasn't done any work on improving the gameplay of their games since a long time ago. Take FarCry: has the same gameplay as their first one, Splinter Cell: they actual managed to destroy this one, Watch Dogs: boring, Assassins Creed: after AC2 it's the same damn game structure and so on, it's simple logic to think that The Division is in the same boat.
    But like i said in my post above, 10$ is worth to see what this game is all about. If it sucks then they won't get my money.

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And that's the thing, a game doesn't have to be ground breaking or "revolutionary" to be fun.
    Tomb Raider wasn't revolutionary, but it was solid, polished and very well made. Wolf: TNO wasn't revolutionary... but again, great gunplay, solid story and characters. A fun game.

Yes, graphics and visuals are an element of the game. And one that should be discussed as such.
    But, in regards to The Division... the last several pages have been nothing but people speculating on a visual downgrade, complaining about the graphics, looking at pictures and nitpicking five second gifs.

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Got my beta key today from Nvidia. Also got a beta key for Paragon. Today was a good day. Hopefully The Division doesn't suck. I have little faith in Ubisoft.

6. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    We all agree gameplay should be the main focus but when they show us awesome footage and then release something sub par we have a right to voice our concerns.

Use this analogy...You see a hot babe, there's chemistry between you two. You setup a date expecting this beautiful goddess and you end up with her fat ugly sister....yeah, she might be more fun in bed but I would still prefer the hot sister who's almost just as good in bed ;) :p

7. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Setting were all max, Some odd fps drops and pretty high vram usage.

Does it look as good as E3?

No. No game ever does, But I went and pre ordered it this morning as its great game.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Got a beta key for this as well.

May try it out just to see how the game itself actually is. But, my concerns stem from the strong online focus they've had when advertising it.

Seems to be Ubisoft's big push right now. From R6 to this and then the new Ghost Recon which has 4 player coop.

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    The whole game is online only, Can do the story solo but needs a constant connection. PVE is story and you can invite people or matchmake.

Pvp is the dark zone areas which are the only times you will randomly find other players.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I know it needs a constant connection.
    But, if I can play the story completely alone... and not have to worry about randoms popping in.
    I could enjoy it.

That's what I do with FarCry 4, and any other game (Borderlands 1 and 2) with campaign coop. I turn that off first thing.

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    How did you get a BETA key from NVIDIA ?

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what's good in the snowdrop engine in this game ,is that the weather effects are second to none, but they downgraded the whole shaders, it looks plastic compared to e3 2013.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    So it's true that the game runs very good?

I think i read someone played the beta on a 650 ti and has around 55-60fps? I think it was all in French.

14. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Was funny watching Angry Joe's play-through. He highlighted some sloppy/buggy areas such as no lips moving on NPC's conversations (really!), collision bugs when shooting from cover and other issues that i'm hoping will be cleared up.

https://youtu.be/PpPLATt94n0?t=265

I can overlook certain bugs as it's an open world game but the way the title has be "Ubisoftised" really annoys me. They're using HD game assets to advertise the game on Steam and all the screen shots they're releasing appear to be "enhanced" or from earlier builds.

Please Ubi, just stop it. You've been doing it for years and it's very uncool.

I have my Nvidia key for the PC beta. A friend very kindly gave it to me. I'll certainly download and play it but I sure as hell won't pre-order. Those days are long gone. I'll wait for reviews and friend's impressions.

This isn't a "downgrade" whine, it's a general "Ubisoft" whine. If the game plays well, fab. I'll take gameplay over fancy, snazzy graphics any day of the week.

15. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I just want the e3 experience :( if I wanted game-play over graphics I'd either play a Blizzard or Nintendo game.

16. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No doubt a large part of the reason the gaming industry is in the state it is currently in.

17. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I think Ubi has really lost it's way. All their games now are like, "lets make it open world and fill it with collectible crap that doesn't do anything."

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i lost faith in ubisoft in the last couple of years especially after farcry 3 this was the last quality game for me from them. jn terms of gameplay optmization was pretty bad. then came watch dogs that really was the last nail in the coffin. i really dont have any kind of trust anymore as to h9w they are approaching customers with their camouflaged marketing or whatever u will call it.
    i will be at least interested in the division since i liked the whole concept and the setting of this game. but fingers crossed as i dont have high expectations from this company anymore.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    A visual downgrade is just what happens with games now, most of the games that stand out visually end up having to compromise when it comes to actually trying to see the game to work on hardware than people actually own, but as long as any changes made are shown before release i have no huge issues with it.
    I still think the game looks really good, especially on the X1 when that doesn't have the best of hardware.

It doesn't look like it's been particularly hard or rare to get a beta key so most people will know what to expect from the game way before they have to part with any cash.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I watched the AJ playthrough i think he said it was a console build, but saw the pc version and said it looked good *shrug*.

What bothered me was AJ flanking AI and them blasting his teammates while he mowed them down from the flank, several times it seemed the ai had no clue he was a few feet off to the side firing an automatic weapon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.