Thrustmaster introduces Hotas One joystick for Xbox and PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. RonanH

RonanH Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  3. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Years ago I paid $189 for the all metal Thrusmaster joystick throttle set up. Can't remember the model number. After some light usage the joystick no longer worked. Opened up the "all metal" joystick to find the actuators were made of plastic and had snapped off! So you don't always get what you pay for.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Thrustmaster is notorious for poor quality. Their wheels loose center and just stop working as well. While their products do look good and feel high quality the internals are usually very poor quality.

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Re-badged hotas x

6. RonanH

RonanH Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I used my Hotas X (which this looks uncannily similar to this) for SC and it was fine. Nothing special but it works

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I seen the same Joystick 15 Years ago :p

8. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    All the stuff TM makes below the 300 euro mark is mostly not worth it. Also the fact that this model has been out for at least 10+ years should steer people way clear from this stick. Rather pick up a Logitech extreme 3d pro for half the money this one is costing.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    TheSarge likes this.
  9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah this is like a blast from the past. Had no idea that they still make these... :eek:

10. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Full disclosure; I have owned nothing but Logitech joysticks so I'm not qualified to speak to the quality of Thrustmaster sticks.
    That said, I've had very few problems with my Logitech sticks that weren't a result of my wearing them out. I'm not big into flight sims now but back in the day I would spend all day long playing Jane's USNF '97 (yeah, I'm that old) and later Jane's Fighter's Anthology with my Logitech sticks. That was about 20 years ago. That Logitech stick lasted me a good 5 years. When it wore out I put it in a place of honour in my closet (later threw it out when I moved) after I bought a new-model Logitech stick as a replacement. By the time I stopped playing flight sims (because I was bored with them) that second stick was not in bad shape. The only reason I thew that one out te years later was because it had collected so much dust that didn't want it anymore, not because there was anything wrong with it but because I had simply not used it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017