TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    @ mikanoshi I understand where you are coming from, don't take what I said as an insult. I just said that you have high standards, which is a good thing. You never settle for less than what you SHOULD get. I am currently running Watch_Dogs around 30-40 fps and I couldn't be happier, though it stutters when i am doing crazy things like exploding cars while 2 or more police cars are chasing me, I'm fine. We all have our own preferences, I would like 60 fps+, but I can't get that with Watch_Dogs.

2. kernolsz28

kernolsz28 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I think the versions run different on everyone's system. I see people saying 1.0 has bad performance on their system but on mine which config is on the left there, it runs beautiful. I get constant 60 fps with v-sync on and without i run about 75. I use the High setting with Maldo textures and 1.0. Zero stuttering

3. bkrieger

bkrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 sli 2GB
    I am getting constant screen flickering. The screen is flashing. I am using cmh175's version with Maldo textures and low fog. I changed the vsync to 1, and refreshrate to 120. Any idea what the problem may be? Should I rematch it with the worse 1.0?

4. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    This is true, but you're also asking a forum of fan players. This isn't Ubisoft technical support. Your question may not have been answered because those who saw it didn't know the answer, and after 5-8 posts afterwards unanswered questions tend to get lost. What questions did you need help with?

I don't know about constant, but I sometimes see a flickering when driving, particularly at full speed. I tested this though on the vanilla game, it has nothing to do with the mod. It seems to be random though, and sometimes doesn't happen at all.

You need to change the .xml format to .rml first, then convert to xml. However, something's are just changing 1's and 0's, though anything worth enabling is pretty much enabled. Everything else is a bit more complicated than that.

This is pretty cool, makes adding additional features much easier for those who aren't familiar with unpacking the mods. I included every option for Solocreep's lens flare in the updated configurable v1.0 so those of you using that version have Solocreep's mod that way too.

5. RaphaelJr

RaphaelJr Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black
    I have successfully installed the mod and it is now working fine, except shadow flickering sometimes, and in rare situation, the frame rate drops significantly (from above 55 drops to about 20; it happened once or twice within 3 to 4 hours game-play)
    Does anyone know how to eliminate such annoying things?

6. zahvad

zahvad Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780Ti OC 3GB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    i actually had that same thing happen to me when i created my own files too using cmh method just yesterday. i used lowest fog, default dof with far cam. default environment lighting. and i believe tonymbr update maldo textures

8. AMV

AMV Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780m SLI
    I had this uber brightness when I installes high bloom from cmh175 mod version. Replaced it with low bloom and all was fine.

9. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I've got SoloCreep's lens flare with installer working nicely on TW 0.8 (with tree fix.) I downloaded TW 1.0 and I may try it. Also got it working fine on the Kad 5.3 mod which thankfully replaced the greenish headlights.

10. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I updated the E3 Anamorphic Flare earlier tonight. There was a issue I had to fix where the lights would not line up on some cars related to a fixer mission. Everyone will need to get the updated files so they don't run into that problem.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=391085

11. jpnn80

jpnn80 Guest

Is the final 1.0 version of The Worse mod compatible with the latest patch of WD by Ubisoft, as it was supposed to block the mod ?

12. zahvad

zahvad Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780Ti OC 3GB
    Thanks a lot. I changed bloom to default and brightness has decreased.:)

13. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    The final version of TheWorse's mod has the Ubi patch built in to it, for compatibility reason. The reason for this is that when the Ubi patch came to us TheWorse had just released .7, this patch rendered the mod useless as the patch got rid of any changes that the mod applied to, so TheWorse just worked around it and used the patch in the his future version of this mod. I'm really happy at this poitn to with Watch_Dogs, it performs and looks amazing. https://plus.google.com/u/0/1169187...6039832838880192386&oid=116918714331119317503

14. christal

christal Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    One thing should be clarified about the use of DOF.

The DOF (depth of field) effect simulates the view through a lens.

It is not good at this stage and this is not because it`s overly strong, although this may also be true.

It`s not convincing because the blurring (bokeh) starts close. When you have this wide FOV (which is similar to wide angle lens) only objects near the horizon should be blurred, and not very intensely at that.

When the blurring starts close, it suggests that you look at something miniature. The whole street, buildings, gas stations look like children`s toys. The same effect is observed when you take a picture and place the lens somewhat close to the focused object. The DOF is very shallow then and the background is blurred.
    When you point the same lens somewhere on a street or at a building, the focusing point is much further away and the DOF is much deeper (which means that only the horizon and very distant objects are blurred). Using a wide angle lens there should be no blur at all, you can expect it only when using long focus lens (the ones with large magnification and narrow FOV).

Anyways, the DOF effect is not good at this stage and should be fixed.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  15. Loganrj38

Loganrj38 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660TiSC 2GB
    A nonexistent effect on Watch Dogs is the reflection of objects, pedestrians and cars on the wet floor. This effect exists in the infamous (PS4).

16. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^^ I try to pretend like reflections in windows are sort of real so I don't get reminded too much of the situation you mentioned.

17. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Yeah this was basically laziness as games have had this for years now. You could make the argument that it was a compromise for the level of graphics they used, but outside of a few select things the graphics aren't anything special so that shouldn't have been an issue. In the end, it's a good game but it could have been executed better and as a whole doesn't live up to AAA expectations.

18. bkrieger

bkrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 sli 2GB
    What lens flares have the best performance, the worse, or solo creep? With solo creep, there are so many options

19. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Lens flare wont really change performance. It's just an aesthetic. Use which ever you like most.

20. bkrieger

bkrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 sli 2GB
    I am getting constant frame drops and stuttering when driving with all settings on max. Is refer a fix for this?