Terminator Resistance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DocStrangelove, Sep 20, 2019.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Out on PC, PS4, XBox on 15th November 2019 in Europe and 3rd December in 'merica.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Is it just me or this look decent? Idk maybe im just too big of a terminator fan.

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Lol i actually dont believe it! Looks too good to be true. Hope i'm wrong though, about time we get a modern day Terminator "Future War" shooter. I always wanted that since i saw the 1st movie in the 80ies.

Undying likes this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes i agree. usually terminator games are quite crappy. lets just wait until reviews popup what the general view of this game is.
    It is a shame though arnold isnt in this game, or is he ??

Undying likes this.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Teyon only made shitty games so far, best example is the official Rambo game. I dont think this will be good or anything decent. You can also say, they published better games than they developed.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    We need a remaster of Future Shock and Skynet from the 90s.

XP-200, DocStrangelove and SpajdrEX like this.
  7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    It was actually Future Shock were i changed my control scheme to A - Alt - Shift - Z because my old keyboard wouldn't recognize more than 2 keys while using WSAD lol. Still havent changed anything till today.

He said he'll be back so ..... ;)

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    The last time I played a good Terminator game was on the Sega Genesis, it's been a while. I also spent way too much money back then on the T2 Judgement Day arcade game.

This one does look decent visually and atmospherically. However, I doubt it'll be a full FPS game. It looks like it'll have a lot of on-rails segments in it where maybe you'll control your camera movement but you won't move your character around. With this said, I'm not bashing on-rails shooting games. I played those a TON back in the glory days of Arcades, especially Time Crisis. I'm just pointing at the high probability that similarly to their Rambo game this one won't be a full-fledged FPS game like a lot of people seem to assume. It might, however, be a mixture of both 'freeform' FPS in more open maps with a bunch of on-rails parts with quick time events thrown in. The thing is it's coming out in December and it doesn't look like the kind of game a studio would have spent many years on, at least to me, it feels rushed (but that's just how I perceive it). We'll see how it turns out. If it turns out it's actually a pretty solid game then all I can say is: finally; a good enough Terminator game.

9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "usually terminator games are quite crappy"

That`s being kind imho. I have yet to see a decently done Terminator fps. The Terminator franchise is doomed.... much like the AVP franchise.... to never get the right developer to actually make the game. I think the only Dev Team who could/would do either franchise real justice, would be iD.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Seems a few people posting here also watched Angry Joes reveal trailer YT vid, lots of keywords and phrases copy/pasted :D

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This could be good!

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well, It can't be worse then this :D

Undying likes this.
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    its been while since there was actual good terminator game, I think the last one I play was on the ps2. think it ended with cut scene of human terminator hybrid cyborg exiting the under ground

There was also terminator rampage for pc back in the 90's

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'd... go into it with guarded hesitation.
    This is coming from the same guys who made the on rails Rambo game a few years back.

Now, that doesn't mean this will be bad... but, it also means it should be watched.
    Maybe as a budget game, it could be pretty good. Or maybe, it could hit that rare place and be so bad it's great.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Gosh an on rails shooter... I haven't heard of one of those since Die Hard on the PlayStation... the one in the airport.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    trailer looked good, but yea wait for review or few.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, it does seemed they learned their lesson.
    At least this Terminator game is not on rails... so, thankfully it's a true FPS game.

I never played their Rambo game. But, it really looked bad.

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    My spidey sense are tingling to the fact hardly any actual gameplay is shown in the trailer to any degree, just the usual staged cut scene type noisy quick moving trailer that never bodes well.......we shall see......but mark me as very skeptical that this will be anything but your generic fps tie in.....been bitten too many times at this point to be swayed by staged trailers these days, it even reminded me of the Terminator Salvation game trailer. Lol

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    ZXRaziel and Shataan like this.
  19. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I hope its good this time , all the previous attempts to make terminator game ended up in a disappointment.

Shataan likes this.
  20. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    This might be interesting, if only, they manage to make Terminators hard to kill. I mean not just dumping a few bullets. No, shoot the mother ***kers with everything you have and they still crawl to you. Not to mention T-1000.