Sound Blaster X-Fi series Support Pack 1.0 for Windows 7 by daniel_k

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by nicklesss, Jan 14, 2009.

1. nicklesss

nicklesss Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX480 / EK-FC480
  2. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Last time I saw Daniel_K then Creative removed the Audigy entries from X-fi drivers. :bang:
    I could unpack X-fi drivers and install them for my old Audigy 4 but after his incedent I can not do it anymore. :puke2:
    I do not like this guy.:banana:

Oh, I am happy with Vista drivers and applications under Windows 7. CMMS 1/2 and Stereo surround, OpenAL hardware acceleration, ASIO all works well, thanks. I do not need you Daniel Kawaki but maybe Creative will make some punishment and I will feel it again.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  3. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Daniel_K is back have some of that Creative.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Should had never came back after ruining it for prelude users when he did it the first time. I dont like him my self either with the way he was acting on the creative forums towards the prelude and auzentech. When someone was explaiing to him what he was doing. Was also hurting auzentech preluders. He didnt seem to care any way.

even tho I dont have a prelude any more, I hope they go after this guy again and put him in a very deep hole. I really dont like him very much after that stunt he pulled almost making auzentech loose there DDlive rights on there cards.

5. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Good to see that I am not alone with this problem. I always feel fear when he do something. The prelude incident did not cause any fault but he successfully eliminated my possibility to install Audigy drivers from X-fi driver packs (so I hate him). :infinity:

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I do have a audigy2 in my other comp thats video cardless atm now that I think about it,I know if any one esle was doing the same as you. I know a couple of my buddies prolly would love to get their hands on him because there on Audigy's too.

7. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Was Daniel K not the guy who made it possible to get the full use of an audigy card for which users had already paid on vista? What did he do to Auzentech cards? I didn't keep too close of an eye on the whole situation.

8. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Hey, you cannot say that about a person that is just trying to make easier things for you, what kind of people are you!? jeez......people around have to understands an universal rule......if you dont like what you see, dont use it dont see it, and STFU!!..

Amen to that and have a good day

9. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    He acts like a fool and he infects other people on public forums (like creative support forum). It looks like he tries and he does help creative customers. But finally, we only lose the hidden possibilities to use our cards on better ways. He uses known but hidden contingents and he advertise them on creative forums as his own job, until creative disables those possibilities.
    And he is back again, he posts the new "illegal" support packs on creative's own forums. Nice...

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    How is stealing DD live from the prelude users helping them. Thats not helping them, that stealing what they paid for when they bought there cards.We had to pay for the DD live usage which was included in each price of the card. That wasnt helping me that he was giving it away to those who didnt pay for the rights to use it.

Last time I check when he was doing that mess I had a prelude, and not a creative X-FI. So how was that helping me. If any thing it was hurting me. So I have every right to be pissed off at him. hard to not see it when it was effecting you enjoyment of the prelude making auzentech changing how they did things.

When he was doing his mess, they had to make us active our DD live support because of danny boy,and other mess. If it didnt make auzentech do that. Then I wouldnt be as mad. But it didnt, so you might wanna redirect that "STFU" back towards your self.

Since last time I check hurting prelude customers by helping creative customers is not helping me. That hurting me because if auzentech actuall lost DD live rights. then that would had screwed me and any one who had DD live in mind when they bought the prelude.

Even tho all of this been over, that pretty much why I dont like the guy. I dont like creative either but that still doesnt change the fact of what he did was wrong. even tho creative did wrong for being lazy too.

Even tho he trying to help those with win7, it just the way he going by to do it.Hes not a coder so hes doing this illegaly one way or another.It not really hard to do either just changing lines here and there. I did it before with the Razer barracuda when vista was beta.

11. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    I think the original issue is with creative been greedy bastards.

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The problem with creative is they gotten lazy over the years, being up there in the clouds in the pool of money. Fiquring they could slack off and no one could catch them. But of course that backfired because of other companies like asus,auzentech and HT omega hounding them.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Not really. Creative doesn't and never did really make any money from their soundcards. It accounts for like 16% of their revenue and that was right after the X-Fi launch.. so it's probably even less normally.

14. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    They did still have no competition and that will make anybody complacent.

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I dunno.. Creative really had no competition before they came out with the X-Fi chip. They spent a lot of money in R&D for it.. and now they license it out to companies like Auzentech. I do agree with most that their driver support was terrible for Vista. But looking at it, it is partially Microsoft's fault. I mean it's no secret that Microsoft barely let any developers in on the development of the OS, hence why the thing was a total compatibility nightmare when it came out. But I mean graphics developers basically got a boost from Microsoft, they simplified things in that area with WDDM. In sound, however, Microsoft completely removed most of the inner-workings that creative relied on and coupled with them not really being open with the development of Vista Creative had issues.

Although I also think a lot of creatives support when down the drain when they started developing this Zii thing they have now. I mean they claim it took 10,000 "man years" to develop and over a Billion $. That's no small feat, so I'm guessing they could have had a lot more support for the X-Fi if they weren't building this thing.

16. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    drivers work like a dream, thanks daniel_k!

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Creative has major competition now. Auzentech is targeting another market so they arenlt direct competitors. However ASUS is a direct competitor to CL and their cards sound better in most cases. We can have a EAX/OpenAL debate but when it comes down to pure sound quality produced by the card Creative Labs cannot compete with either ASUS or Auzentech.

Competition is good for us, the end users. If companies want our dollars they have to best what other companies have brought to market.
    Without this competion we are stuck with whatever the company feels like to bring out next. Well basically what we were stuck with before Auzen and ASUS started getting into the game as serious competitiors.

18. Ratix

Ratix Active Member

GPU:
    radeon 9600 xt
    I'd only want 4 more things from auzen: 24db per octave bass redirection crossover; bass redirection for 2.1; change of channel number when changing modality; thx panel.
    With these 4 things i'd be totally satisfied with auzen...

19. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I can notice that the sound from these drivers compared to Auzentech stock have more bass. this is good for basshead, but I had to drop the bass level a notch on my Z5500 to have a more enjoyable sound. :)

20. LostLogic

LostLogic New Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
    May I worship you? :D

Thanks for the drivers mate. Creative made my W7 Beta experience deteriorate. Hope this help remedy that! :D

Cheers mate, and thanks again!