Sharkoon Releases TG4 and SKILLER SGC1 RGB Midi Tower Cases

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Kaill

Kaill Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    It looks very similar to the cases used on the Walmart Over Powered line of desktop computers.

3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    i just spend 160 euros for a corsair 570x. i think i did bad.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Price is not bad. But those cases have no mounting for radiators on top/bottom/back. Only option is front and it may or may not obstruct SSDs. Then that SSD space is waste of space anyway. Just air in there. Case could have been shorter. Air Filters seems to be non-existent too.
    Cable management will probably not be pretty, but it will be sufficient.

On other hand, with all things it is missing, it will probably be lighter than most of cases with similar volume. I am sure I and many other people here could design smaller, better case with less material used. And we would still fit large GPU and Liquid cooling. This case simply has too much unused and therefore unnecessary space inside.
    = = = =
    One thing I have been missing a lot is alternative PSU mounting. As having it above/below MB is adding to case height for no good reason. One can put intake of PSU on front and blow hot air up or down from case. Power delivery handled via 90° extension cord having PSU port on back where it is expected. Intake can be even sideways for even thinner case. Such can have 90° mount for GPU. There are many alternative combinations.
    I think you are underestimating options that case of yours have. Once you build your system, you can re-do it multiple times to find optimal placement and direction of fans, radiators.
    Case in OP offers practically no options.

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Another case that is directed at argeebee and no airflow...

GSDragoon likes this.
  6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Which is shown in tests to completely suffocate everything to ridiculous degree LOL. "Fans? Let's block them with a front cover and prevent airflow!"

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    There are spots for the air to come in the front of this case, the sides of the front panel are ventilated. While not the greatest, will probably be about the same as other cases with a solid front panel design.

8. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    I'm using a beige 2005 noname case with fully sealed front.
    With the sidepanel removed, works marvelously.

IMO spending money on aesthetics which only you will ever see(and as it turns out, also heats up components), is money wasted.

9. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    What happened to their golf ball fans?