Scorn "Xbox Series X" trailer actually ran on a Ryzen processor and GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Dev kit might not have been out at time of trailer's rendering

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    he is one was one of best sculptors imo

and that is the exact vibe i get from the trailer HR Giger inspired

3. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Its funny, they did not show any game, just some ingame video and not on real HW.. but he knows that it will run on target console 4k 60 FPS.

Remember PS3 lauch videos and new lod (lots of ducks) system?

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    This isn't quite as outrageous as past BS like it. The XBSX's GPU, in reality, will be much more powerful than the PS5's (iT's OnLy 0.00000000000000001% MoRe dErPfLoPs ThAn tHe Ps5's! - Sony shill. STFU), with actual optimization instead of negative optimization like we get on intentionally crippled PC ports, that puts it not-a-galaxy-away from 2080 Ti performance like would be expected in the past.

I expect the game on XBSX to actually look halfway that good, which is a shame, because I find H.R. Giger's style to be viscerally disgusting.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Damn, somehow this game slipped right past me so far. Now that I've seen the trailer though, I'm interested!

6. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Do you have any proof to back that up? As far as we’ve seen it’s 10.28 Tflops and 36 CU’s at 2.23Ghz for the PS5 vs ~12 Tflops, 52 CU’s and 1.825Ghz.

The PS5 compensates with extra core clock and the XBSX has a bunch of CU’s extra and and a tad higher Tflops which I doubt will make a meaningful difference especially with IO speed in mind where the PS5 is almost double as fast.

It’s all speculation, but I highly doubt we’ll see a lot of performance difference other than some small graphical changes in favor of one or the other console depending on which one will handle the specific workload the best.

Don’t get me even started on the XBSX game lineup.

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Well the game has been in the making for over 5 years and graphics hardware has changed quite a bit since the pre-alpha demo but in the pre-alpha the game play looked very slow, a lot of running and sneaking a round and puzzle solving, the early demo reminded me of Prey but with less shooting and slightly twisted sick visuals.....sick in a good way.

8. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Ah yes. The old smoke and mirrors trick.

9. TiePhiter

TiePhiter Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    You really should get into the habit of proof reading your posts my man. Could have been a great argument, minus the non sensical portions.