RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Y'all do realize you can even exceed the 264 watt limitation with the right custom softpowerplay table.

[​IMG]

Jackalito and Undying like this.
  2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

You can remove the limit by moving the power slider in the driver control panel.

3. megamaan

megamaan Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 Nitro +
    Hello there!!

I need your HELP guys, please!

When I do undervolt my VEGA 56 in MSI Afterburner, I have excellent results (temperature and performance), and I have configured the rpm curve to have good sound values.

Core Voltage: -150 (900mv effective)
    Power Limit: +20
    Core Clock: 1590
    Memory Clock: 925

The problem is that every time I restart the computer, the computer crashes, and a notification appears that Wattman restored the values due to an error in the voltage.
    You may ask yourself: Why do you use MSI Afterburner and not Wattman?
    I can not use Wattman because when I do undervolt, it does not matter what values I put, the voltage is always the same (1050mv effective), and this is noticeable when I make a benchmark or open a game, temperatures go up and the rpm sounds very loud.

This situation of not being able to do undervolt with Wattman in the right way, forces me to use MSI Afterburner and expose myself to random crashes and that every time I restart the computer, I get the wattman error message.

On the other hand, I also thought about uninstalling the AMD software and using only MSI Afterburner, but I use AMD Chill, so uninstalling the AMD software is not an option.

I have also tried OverdriveNTool and I have the same problem as with wattman.

Can you help me?

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

The memory voltage field shown in Wattman must be equal to or below the value used for the last two GPU voltage fields.

The same rule applies to some other GPU voltage fields that are linked to lower memory power states.

In addition, always restart after making changes for the first time in Radeon Wattman.

5. megamaan

megamaan Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 Nitro +
    I know, and I have done it ( p7, p6 --> 950. Mem --> 950). The voltage is not modified, it can only be done with MSI Afterburner.

This is a nightmare!

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Perhaps you have a custom Vega 56 that doesn't respond to Radeon Wattman changes.

If this is the case, looking for overclocking software from the card vendor may be the best course of action, and providing further information on the card model may allow knowledgeable posters to provide further help.

megamaan likes this.
  7. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Really you should use a tool that can create a softpowerplay table. My Preferred tool is Vega Softpowerplaytable editor. So many options that go well beyond overdriventool. https://github.com/halsafar/Vega64SoftPowerTableEditor It works great when combined with AMD Memorytweak tool.

8. megamaan

megamaan Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 Nitro +
    This is my GPU:

Asrock Vega 56.

https://www.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX VEGA 56 8G/
    https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/205311/asrock-rxvega56-8192-180503

I have tried the Asrock software and Msi Afterburner is still better. Another option could be to change the bios of the card?

BlackZero likes this.
  9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

If Asrock has provided a bios update for that particular model, reading the release notes may provide additional information. Also, TPU can at times also provide an updated bios for the same model, which may not have been released to the general public. However, changing bios requires being very careful, especially on custom cards

Also, checking Asrock's forums for any specific information concerning that model may be very helpful, as other people may be encountering similar problems.

10. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    This night I checked the Vega FE performance and on water gets 1700mhz normaly. If its just for the vram I think that will look for a vega 64 HBCC does the job.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    BlackZero likes this.
  12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    It works just fine for me on 1903. Make sure you install the GTK+ file. One thing to keep in mind you already need a softpowerplay registry file created that you can load. You click on load in the upper left and select the softpowerplay registry file in order for it not to be blank. Then you save it to a new file. Merge it with the registry.

BlackZero and OnnA like this.
  13. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Here is a screenshot of just some of the stuff you can mess with in the Vega softpower table editor.

[​IMG]

OnnA, DanEVO7 and JonasBeckman like this.
  14. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    One last thing...about using this tool...while the hardware safety limits are still in place...still be careful of values you do not know what they do as you can exceed the bios safety limits.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    GTK+ & Mono Installed and still no go.

16. sherpagoodness

sherpagoodness Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ VEGA64
    OnnA when you open the app it will be blank, you then have to go open a registry file like you might have previously made with overdriventool, make your changes, save it as newtable.reg (or whatever) then apply the new registry file

atleast that's how i'm understanding to use it, i played around with it some today

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    No window pops up ;)
    Just click & nuthin' happens.

I don't need it that much... Using my custom PP with OverdrivenTool.

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    OP Updated !

VEGA FE (16GB HBM2) Gaming driver on all drivers !

To enable gaming mode create a DWORD key called:
    KMD_IsGamingDriver with value 1
    This will suddenly morph the UI into normal with unlocked features. Enjoy.

PP tables:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\<cardnumber>
    Usually card number is 0000, unless you have multiple GPUs.

THX to our member @AstralStorm

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    It's Old and Light game so this is at 4k.
    5GHz was used (ZEN was not so good in this title)

ZEN with good RAM it is ;) (e.g. 3466MHz CL14 1T and not 2666MHz)

[​IMG]

20. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Damm even the Fury is looking good,

Whats the best 1080p to pair with a Vega? I was loking at this one budge is only 200£ Samung C27F398 27. Dont think I can go to 1440p