Review: EK AIO Elite 360 D-RGB (LCS)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Announced yesterday we test and review the all-new EK AIO Elite 360, an AIO liquid cooling kit from EK that managed to impress is greatly. The kits come with Vardar ARGB compatible fans, six of them! ...

Review: EK AIO Elite 360 D-RGB (LCS)

tunejunky likes this.
  2. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    that pump look a million time better than the original one used in 360-D

3. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Rip off.
    Double the price, double the fans, a "cheap" alu rad, yet only gains 3*C on the Eisbaer 360, lol..
    And nothing can be replaced or extended like on the Eisbaer.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    tunejunky, ArtKursis and patteSatan like this.
  4. ArtKursis

ArtKursis Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim
    Thats why i have Eisbear 420mm with 3x140mm BeQuiet. Pure Cooper , 1/4 fittings, expandable... Only not for any case :) ... My Fractal D Define R6 are compatible, bt look for R7 XL... and PRICE :)

tunejunky likes this.

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    exactly and the eisbaer is much quieter under load. i bought one (280) for my nephew as he's gotten interested in oc. alphacool also has pre-packed extensions with extra radiators available for almost effortless expansion.

fry178 likes this.
  6. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I have been wanting to replace the standard cooler that came with the 3900X (and needing it now for future 59x0 upgrade) and looking around at various 360 models for a while (NZXT Kraken Z73, Gigabyte AORUS 360) but none of them were exactly what I wanted or were getting bad user reviews (some Coolermaster ones).

This one seems to tick more of my boxes - ARGS fans (on both sides of rad now which means lighting can be seen from inside and outside case now), subtle lighting on pump, not too big CPU block (hello ASUS ROG Ryujin) - I can do without the fancy OLED displays on the CPU for better cooling performance any day - don't want BOM money being spent on OLED screens and less on the actual cooling.

I don't really need expandability - I had full custom water cooling years ago so don't want it again. Just need enough for CPU to not thermal throttle. And be quiet. And fit in case (hopefully this will - going into my old trusty Coolermaster HAF932 on top). Price is reasonable compared to the 360 OLED display ones. And EK reputation for water-cooling gear definitely swings it - I hope the quality of this is similar to their custom gear.

Any way I have pre-ordered this, so will see how it goes.

7. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Lol, so you are willing to spend double to get less.
    i understand this with sports cars/bikes, but this?

and who says you "have" to do anything outside install/use?
    you know what happens if a single piece on the EK fails?
    i know what happens on my eisbaer: replace it with anything that has g1/4

reputation doesnt equal quality/reliability.
    200$ for a cheap alu rad, when some `100$ aio come with copper.
    i dont see this coming from any company that "i" would call that.

8. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i'd consider the Thermalright Turbo Right 360 which is a full copper aio @ $179
    also if i didn't have history with alphacool or EK

9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    HH i know it comes with 6 fans but i would of liked to see how it performed with only 3 fans installed too.

10. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Look, I'm sure the Alphacool Eisbaer is a great cooler - it seems to be - probably as good as this one.

And I would consider EK the equivalent of Porsche in computer cooling terms - and many others do too (see how AMD paid them big $$$ to produce custom water kit for reviewers for new CPU/GPU launch).

I'm not sure if copper rad is needed as shown in graphs where this was still beating the eisbear. Considering EK knows what they are doing in this field generally, I'm sure they would have used copper if they thought it was absolutely necessary. Anyway regarding things breaking, this comes with 5-Year International Warranty so if anything breaks, I'm sure EK will want to keep their reputation inttact and fix/replace broken parts. But I hope nothing does break, and trusting said name and reputation here too.

Cheers

11. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @tunejunky
    ? the eisbaer are fully copper aio, and iirc the Tt is either asetek based (good luck with the pump),
    or actually made by AC, as they make a couple aio for other brands to sell under their name.

@geogan
    not close, as porsche usually "destroys" any competition where they start(ed).. :rolleyes:

(Alphacool even offering commercial level cooling solutions.)
    not saying they are bad, but just because they charge a premium doesnt equal quality nor performance, and the latest review on cpu blocks proofs that (ek being more expensive but performing same/worse).
    and i rather have a product i can repair myself within a day or two, instead of shelling out same/more money to ship the broken unit back.

having double the amount of fans running at full rpm isnt "premium" nor quality to me,
    and im not saying copper is needed, my problem is they use alu, when others using alu cost about 30-50% less;
    and in case of eisbaer its cheaper AND has a (fully) copper rad.
    and even if i ignore perf for a sec, your still mixing metals in a loop.(neither quality nor premium)

once i saw they used 6 fans i instantly knew that was the only way to get better performance (vs others), again, nothing premium about that.
    lets see a review with same amount of fans AND noise level that eisbaer/others have.

if this was a predator aio, i would agree in all your points, not with this...