Review: Deepcool Gamerstorm Castle 240 RGB AIO cooler

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
  3. Captain_Hook

Captain_Hook Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Ti AIO
    Hey.
    Good point actually, but I did check the thermal paste leftovers on the block and it was evenly spread. I don't think it had an effect as the whole unit was sitting very tight on the CPU. Also the temps were more or less in line with the other ones I've seen in the web (I mean - the proportions vs other known coolers).
    But from curiosity, I'll re-do the testing and will let you know in a day or two (I'll re-run the wPrime cause it gives the highest temps)

4. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    If you believe the bracket was firmly down all the way and nothing was pushing or pulling on the block then it's probably OK.

I just noticed the bracket was on wrong or one of them and thought those bumps are there for a reason and because i can't see the actual seating of the device didn't know if it was actually seating correctly.

Good review though as i'm looking for a new cooler right now and i think the 280 might be the one i buy.

Not sure if the bumps face up or down all i know is not both ways ^^.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018

5. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    one day there will be a product without any mention of game ...er .... :p

and air still holds near water temps. unless water can break a 10 digit lead and more, i myself cannot see ' water cool ' ever in any of my systems :cool:

Even then we are looking at 100% load that would very rarely be the situation

6. Captain_Hook

Captain_Hook Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Ti AIO
    @Reddoguk - I've checked it with bracket facing down (as I think it should be this way, to be honest - it's not clear enough in manual) and the temps were similar. Probably it helped for the first installation that I screwed it down very tight. The markings of the thermal paste were the same too. Lucky me then ;-)

@ladcrooks - well, you can check my other review with be quiet! Silent Base 601, it's without any gaming stuff (and no window side panel - shock! ;-) ). As for Air vs AIO the differences are for sure visible for GPU. Previously I had AC Aorus 1080 Ti Extreme and it had 15+ degrees C more (with lower Boost clock). For CPU - for the full effect it would have to be the custom loop...