Review: Corsair Gaming SCIMITAR PRO RGB

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This one is for the players, the PRO MMO gamers out there. Corsair releases the new PRO model Gaming SCIMITAR RGB game mouse with an improved optical sensor at 16,000 DPI. The looks remain the same, a...

Review: Corsair Gaming SCIMITAR PRO RGB

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I bought the non-pro version a while back in my quest for a new mouse and it felt nice and comfy in my hand in the store but in real world use it was just incredibly awkward to use.

3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Somehow I can't help but imagine it should still be faster to use the keyboard numpad in Excel, not that numpad on the side of the mouse.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Normally you do not use your thumb. But you'd be surprized how fast you get used to it and then how fast it works. However, it can go two ways .. in the end you're gonna love it or hate it ... there's nothing in-between :)

5. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Girlfriend gave me this mouse for my birthday and it is awesome i recommend it.

6. ccmclaugh

ccmclaugh Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 192
    Does Guru3D own stock in Corsair?

The original Corsair Scimitar RGB gaming mouse had a flawed optical tracker so it tracked most imperfectly. (if you have one, try drawing a straight diagonal line in Paint and watch it be stairs instead). This version seems to be an attempt by Corsair to make the mouse they originally promised. Caveat Emptor.

7. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Sexy design for sure.

8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Q : "If you were stranded on a deserted island, name 3 things you would bring"
    A : "just any Corsair RGB mouse or keyboard and usb charger"
    Q : "Why only those 2?"
    A : "ISS would report about annoying lighting coming from Earth, so they send surveillance team to me in no time".

9. PsyaNyde

PsyaNyde Active Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2080 super
    For a so called 'pro' model 3 onboard profiles seems a bit mean, should have gone to 5, @ least it's an improvement over the glaring omission from the original. Also I would've made the side keypad buttons either, angled, larger or a bit more spaced out.
    I sent my original version back due to a faulty scroll wheel button and replaced it with an Asus ROG Spatha.

10. Wicken

Wicken Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti
    What would you do after all of those LEDs stop working?

(I'm just salty since ~80% of my LED backlights don't work anymore on my K95)