Review: Colorful GeForce RTX 3080 iGAME VULCAN

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this review, we benchmark the GeForce RTX 3080 iGAME VULCAN from Colorful. perhaps this is the most beautiful 3080 out there (you'll get it once you see it). This is a very nice customized and fas...

Review: Colorful GeForce RTX 3080 iGAME VULCAN

Lily GFX, Maddness and tunejunky like this.
  2. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    No thanks, without gsync support on the lcd display, it's a no buy for me.

waltc3 likes this.
  3. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    I want to play DOOM on the LCD screen :D

waltc3 likes this.
  4. Francesco

Francesco Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870
    But can the LCD screen run Crysis?

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Playing games while gaming, I like that idea .. Boulder Dash! :)

nizzen and DannyD like this.
  6. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    Not a single 3080 / 90 card was sold in my country by any of the major dealers.

Neo Cyrus and Solfaur like this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Just saw jay overclocking one of the icolurs, cooling is great, all spcaps design is less than impressive.

the range of these cards will scale from mediocre for the poor asic chips to 3dmark leaders for air cooled cards with the great asic chips.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Lily GFX likes this.
  8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    LCD screen is actually a turn off for me. What am I going to do with it? Gaming on main screen then stick my head under the table to look at a small LCD? A normal card without the added unnecessary cost of the LCD I think would be a far more appealing option to most. As if the 3080 needs a gimmick to sell :D.

waltc3 and tunejunky like this.
  9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    what Alanm said.

gilding the lily, feature would be more useful on a mobo

10. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    The only place where it makes sense to have a monitoring LCD screen is somewhere on the desk, or even better, attached to the keyboard.
    A place which is always in front of you, and you can always take a quick peek at it to see if all's good with temps and stuff...

inside the case on the GPU ? Completely pointless.
    I don't even see the insides of my PC while actually using it, even though I have a glass panel, as it points away from me.

[​IMG]

This makes sense. But please, not MADCATZ... those things are fugly.

Instead, a nice discreet touch-screen that can be turned on/off with a push of a button not to bother you when paying attention to your game or work.

11. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Well, now it's once again clear what JHH's "starting at" price quotes were all about. HH said $800-850...I'll guess $899, but we may have both underestimated. Seems to be about a ~$300 premium attached to the AIB cards, but the cheaper FE cards are almost non-existent and exclusively sold through Best Buy in the US, I think I read the other day (nVidia is apparently no longer selling them direct.) Yeah...the little LCD...so, uh, why is there no software to display these readings on the monitor--which I assume an RTX-3080 customer is going to be using here...? Or is the customer expected to simply use the attached LCD screen as his primary gaming...uh, monitor? Let's hope not, anyway...;) I have to agree that this feature is preposterously non-useful...! I would never ask for such a feature and would never buy something like this. What's the point of the tiny flip-up LCD screen attached to a GPU that is safely out of sight inside a case of some kind? Also, I find that "ray-tracing" *cough* at 30-53 fps @ 2560x1440 to be a "tad" underwhelming in a product of this expense and pwr consumption--*cough*.... No wonder JHH has already published a warning about scanty availability for the rest of 2020!

A few days from now I hope AMD will be doing much better!

12. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    I like the card very much but almost no one sells Colorful where I live. :>

Bought a small table that fits two towers to shorten the distance between monitors to cases,
    it also prevents less dust to get into the cases. Very helpful cause it makes it easy to clean
    the cases and around them without moving them to much.
    But because of this I can see into one but not the other, so I would be able to see the LCD
    panel without issues at least on one of them. I guess it all depends on where the case is
    placed and what case it is. ^^

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I don't know a single person who has one, only one which got an order in because he works at a store which is supposed to sell them (Best Buy) and to this day they haven't gotten any stock, and they don't even have any ETA for any of them. I don't live on an deserted island in the middle of the ocean either, I'm in Canada. I don't know WTF Jesen thinks he's accomplishing, but all he's done is build more mistrust and resentment towards nVidia, which I thought at this point was scientifically impossible.

14. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    There are "many" 3080/3090 in Norway, so I guess you live in the wrong country :p

I've got 3080 from the first batch. Palit 3080 gaming OC.

tunejunky likes this.
  15. foetopsyRus

foetopsyRus Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX 3080
    I have 2080 super from this manufacturer, excellent cards and a top-end bonus comes with the card, the competitors only have a scrubber for a couple of cents, so there is an LCD display, there are no complaints about the quality of thermal paste and the quality of the phases
    we usually have this manufacturer, since for obvious reasons the longest border with China

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020

16. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    actually, you are the perfect guy for a lot of folks like me as you also have both radeon and rtx. i am waiting out the distribution and 1st wave kinks, and for the reactions of enthusiasts.
    i'm also waiting to see if my Christmas gift for myself is the big navi or the 3080

17. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Great review on yet another 3080 "phantom" card.
    In stores here it is promptly "out of stock"...
    Why do these manufacturers even bother to send cards for reviews if they can't supply ANY CARD to stores baffles me...
    What's the point of these reviews for a unavailable product??? - by the time that it will become available there will be other versions so all this was for nothing.
    It really should be funny but it's a disaster launch for Nvidia.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I think Nvidia wanted to keep Ampere in the spotlight as long as possible before AMDs own launch. Realistically they should have launched after AMD, but did not want AMD to steal the spotlight with their launch or gain momentum with it. Just my gut feeling.

19. Sukovsky

Sukovsky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Most annoying launch ever.

Maddness likes this.
  20. OATKK

OATKK Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    Happy