RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Possibly, though if you use the feature in some 3d programs, it will make a difference. Whether that's simply the driver performing inefficiently, I don't know.

However to my knowledge there was no flip que/pre rendered option in the past for normal CCC operations, even if and when it was still a used feature (correct?).

I only started using pre rendered frames with ATI Tray Tools.

What I'd like to figure out is how to amend registry settings for :

Frame Pacing
    Flip Que
    Texture LOD

I've been told since CCC works off XML, that it's not done that way - but CCC settings are system wide and do not require CCC/MOM to be running, where as Radeon PRO does. So that means they must be 'saved' and linked via some registry setting.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{61868338-EFF6-46DE-BC9C-073FFF471462}

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  3. rblanca

rblanca Guest

GPU:
    1gb
    Please dude..tell me what dlls did you open...because i have the same problem and tried everthing with no luck.....its very annoying!

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes, John said a long time ago he intentionally hardcoded the confirmation audio in the DLLs and cant be turned off.

5. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    I had RP installed and working on Win8.1 but I've just done a fresh install of Windows and now when I try and run RP it gives me this error

"can't load AppProfiles.dll at Radeon.Pro.NativeMethods.LoadDLL(String installPath, Int32 pid) at ¦ . 0"

If I run it as admin it says that I shouldn't do this but does load without any error. I've completely disabled UAC by setting the slider to the bottom and also setting EnableLUA=0 in the registry (as I did on my previous Win 8.1 install) and rebooted but I still get the same error with RP.

Anyone know how to fix this?

6. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    I opened AppProfiles.dll and AppProfiles64.dll with 7zip and found two wave files inside (location \.rsrc\WAVE\). I played them and they sound like Windows sounds.

You can also use Resource Hacker.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  7. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    Unexpectedly error while updating profile settings

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at RadeonPro.BaseForm.SetOverDrive(***8193;***8192; info)
    at RadeonPro.BaseForm.set_OnOverDrive(***8193;***8192; value)
    at RadeonPro.BaseForm.baseUpdateSettings(ProfileInfo cp)

8. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Thanks again for a great reply/info however I do not have that entry.

9. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    The last part {61868 338-EFF6-46DE-BC9C-073FFF471462} will probably be different. You can find the correct location by clicking on the red AMD logo in the lower right corner of Radeonpro.

10. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    The driver will have a different queue size for each game according to the game's hard coded profile. Certain games can also override the drivers queue size if it detects multiple GPU's, such as Tomb Raider. Changing Queue size in RadeonPro will most likely not change anything in most games.

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    same effect really, no user control.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  12. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    Eh? (Ultra) Street Fighter IV is the only game for which I check to see if Flip Queue Size is working with every driver update, and it absolutely does still work. FQS at 0 does nothing of course, but the benchmark shows consistently lower framerate with it set to 1 than with the setting on default. It's been a while since I benchmarked other games, but all DirectX 9.0 titles I tested showed similar results. I recall Borderlands 2 having a particularly large FPS drop with FQS set to 1.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    dunno, i can only tell you what John said.

14. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    hm, im using 3d-analyze tool to run mafia 1, with the shadow fix and diffrent gpu vendor to prevent the blood/and other flickers, and using radeonpro to force x16 filter and eq ssaa x12 +edge detect :)approval:) + lod and later maybe ssao and sweetfx to play round a bit, works fine...BUT

..osd and screenshots for example are not working, no biggy i can use fraps for fps and screens, but still..

ill guess thats a bit of a special question..
    i tried the several compatibility settings but didnt help

-
    runs fine btw most of the time @60 fps, drops sometimes to low 50s, in-game is vsync on +triple buf. and maxed settings + high draw distance through cheat but maybe later through mod even more..
    such a nice game, vanilla textures, no mods so far :infinity:

(maybe second question, will the fraps screens show the AA/AF applied or not?)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  15. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Haha Mafia 1 brings so many memories back! I remember when it first came out and I thought to myself, how can anything graphically look better than this? In my head it's still perfect, I'm 100% I don't want to go ahead and play it again and see how it actually looks like now (I done that with MGS1, biggest regret, in my head from the PS1 days it looked amazing, playing it again I almost threw up haha).

16. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    It looks amazing, especially if you're a bit away from the walls and stuff, "photo realism" right there xD, just nicely done texture work on this masterpiece.

Like it more than Mafia 2 or Sleeping Dogs, which were the latest comparable games that I played, they look bulky and "candy-sh" in comparison, lacking the certain "materiality" on the surface, like lazy construction kit design, don't know.

edit
    titanic mod looks sweet, you need to check it out, if they get the ssao and ENB settings right this will rock even by todays standards

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Thanks for the info, I'll check out this titanic mod. I loved Mafia (Story, game-play, graphics, everything).

18. Fuudimitzu

Fuudimitzu Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP Extreme 980ti
  19. TheFifthElement

TheFifthElement Guest

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    I've noticed a few people getting Ambient Occlusion (HBAO) working with Team Fortress 2 with RadeonPro but I am unable to do so.

I have both the latest AMD drivers and RadeonPro installed.

I added hl2.exe as a profile and added this profile to the AO list. Under Settings -> Ambient Occlusion it set it to enabled.

I can press the Toggle key in game and see a message that AO is either on or off displayed in the top right corner but its clearly not being applied.

Would really appreciate some help from you guys. Thanks.

I have tried the following flags:

Code:
    <File name="Half-Life 2" exe="hl2.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138040" params="farZ=5000,firstI=1,lastI=2" />

and

<File name="Half-Life 2" exe="hl2.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138041" params="farZ=3000,firstI=0,lastI=1" />

and

<File name="Half-Life 2" exe="hl2.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138040" params="farZ=5000,firstI=1,lastI=2" />

and

<File name="Half-Life 2" exe="hl2.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138041" params="farZ=5000,firstI=1,lastI=2" />

20. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    It seems that I overdid it with the AA in Mafia, see the page before, from reading I understand that both EQ and edge detect filter (together) with SSAA are kinda pointless?

Am I correct on this?
    Just want to clarifiy, can't see a difference, just some performance drop when driving high speed to bigger places like off the bridge to central island for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.