Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 7, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hah yep, minimum it's 12 pin or if it's a 6 and 8 you get 14 or full 2x 8 and you get 16 which I would imagine even high-end PSU's would be a bit of a concern running through a single cable connection so just ditching cable management woes and sticking with two proper cables connected to the PSU is greatly recommended over these Y splitters especially if the card is drawing a fair bit of power since it also needs to be stable for how said power gets delivered to the card. :D

I would hope the cabling is uncommon enough and that newer or at least higher end PSU's have the connection capacity and cable bundles to avoid these little compromises since I might not be a engineer or have much skill with electronics but sensitive hardware and high voltage through a sub-optimal delivery and resulting stability or other issues depending on just how much power these things are pushing can't be good especially longer term.

EDIT: Though I have heard it can work if the PSU is strong enough and there's no rippling but I wouldn't chance on using these if there's room for 2x regular 6 or 8 pin cables instead.

EDIT: Yeah not an expert at all on this but it looks like a good way to de-stabilize power delivery especially if the device in question is drawing a lot of power which a GPU would usually be doing.

Sure it might seem stable at idle but then there's varying power draws depending on the overall workload and for Navi and other newer GPU's also boosts including above maximum if there's room for it and a bit higher power draw still as a result.
    (It's not a linear curve either so pushing past 1900 Mhz on the core clock might require a bit more and going above 2 Ghz could see it really need some extra power to maintain that clock speed.)

EDIT: Think there were some measurements for that for Navi and it's around 1700 to 1800 Mhz and then it starts really pushing up the power requirement for 1900+ or higher so AMD hit a pretty decent stock speed for the "game" clocks at 1750 Mhz though boost can see it push 2 to 2.1 Ghz depending on various factors and limits. :)
    (Plus it still uses a 1.2v stock voltage for the GPU core or thereabouts which also factors in.)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    And if you have four 12V rails on PSU, why not use a splitter on a splitter? :D

HK-1 likes this.
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Hoping for a new driver today, since tomorrow is Outer worlds early access if im not mistaken?

And friday the release.

Also CoD on friday...

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I don't think Outer Worlds has early access though it unlocks on Thursday for anyone who just happens to be around New Zealand or Australia due to having region specific unlock times. Preload is up now too and has been updated so it does download the full 36 GB game also on PC instead of just the extras (Runtimes and such.) at 10 MB. :)

Unless that's something exclusive to the EGS version to promote pre-ordering or sales on this platform, think it was EGS due to publisher decision and also UWP/Win10 Store first and then well probably Steam and I guess we'll see about GOG.

LocoDiceGR likes this.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Outer Worlds will be free to Xbox Ultimate subscribers :p
    Now im into Gears (first Ultimate then 4 & 5) runing great w/DX12
    ReLive FRT cap is working*, so im at 70FPS not 60 ;), and AntiLag + CAS.

19.10.1 WHQL Clean Install here.

* Note:
    You need to point the .exe (shortcut) for Relive to work with (im using Process lasso for this)
    BTW it's working for Forza & other MS games as well :cool:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    CohhCarnage (Streamer) will start playing it -> WEDNESDAY, 10/23 at 8am ET! (9am ET for gameplay)

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Single 12v rail ftw. ;)

8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Now instead of games support, we better just need a proper driver with official 1909 support for absolute stability. (Not that I have any problem, just for the honor of release notes :D)

Hypernaut and OnnA like this.
  9. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend
    Can you share your timings for micron because I have the same memory?

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    New drivers today?

LocoDiceGR likes this.

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Most likely yeah, since geforce released them yesterday, Radeon will follow.

Undying likes this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    HK-1 likes this.
  13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There hasn't been much that I can pick out in the newer driver releases other than what's in the release notes since the profile file was greatly reduced by the removal of the Crossfire profiles in here though the power profiles for preferring dedicated GPU over integrated can occasionally give some indication of new titles and maybe a bit more but the bigger changes are in the .dll files only now and occasionally the INF for default applied settings being added or getting removed. :)

Rest comes from community forums and sources such as Reddit which I've been mostly trying to keep something of a tab on known issues for at least Navi but there's various mentions of Polaris and Vega too and both gaming and productivity such as just desktop usage and lighter work or full programs and media playback. :)
    (The boost algorithm is quite aggressive and various features are either very finicky or kinda not entirely functional so yeah there's more work to be done.)

I do expect Outer Worlds to see some support but being UE4 it shouldn't be too bad other than AMD and Unreal Engine performance deficiencies compared to NVIDIA for at least D3D11 and the less extensive customizable builds which well Gears 4 and 5 basically hah.

Major features would be December so maybe that and what else is coming out within one or two weeks and some bug fixes then and a update on the known issues, possibly more Vulkan work but I think the bigger changes are for the Linux driver and code submissions here for both AMD's own driver and the open source driver effort which is separate from the Windows drivers here. (The GL drivers are well not very fast and the Vulkan drivers are average from my understanding for the Windows code last I heard.)

What more? Guess we'll simply see maybe later today if we're getting another Wednesday driver release in time for the Thursday (New Zealand/Australia/Parts of Asia.) for Outer Worlds (Friday for the rest regional unlock times and all.) though there might be more.

COD Modern Warfare I think, PC too I suppose and then they're using Battle Net now but it's released alongside the console versions I think at least for which the preload and day 1 patch came up earlier today.
    (100 GB preload and a 50 GB day one update I hear unless that's something like the MP component being installed a bit later or bundled with the first-day patch.)

OnnA likes this.
  14. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    After installing my new PSU (Corsair RM Series RM750 750W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply) the system crashes and restarts are gone. The black screens are gone. Instead, the problem games just crash to desktop. I'm happy because I thought I had serious issues with my new system. So it is possibly a combination of terrible drivers and underwhelming PSU's!

OnnA likes this.
  15. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    ACC seems stable enough (it's WHQL for a reason), keep this up AMD and I can soon taste your labor.

OnnA likes this.

16. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    This release causes shadows to flicker during cutscene in Resident Evil 2, Shadows are set to Medium settings on an RX 570.

Performance is great.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Still no new release?
    Hmm, maby today :) or tommorow.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its strange that amd is so late with the drivers. There are two aaa games we have no optimizations for.

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Both games have official release tomorrow, so its not late.

OnnA likes this.
  20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Which exactly are those two important games? o_O